PDA

View Full Version : SPYDERFEST TRIP

lyonsden
02-16-2012, 08:40 PM
I would like to get some opinions on how you think this is going to work out. My wife and I and 2 other couples are planning to
come to our first Spyderfest. We are so excited. :yes:We have another couple who are friends who have not really embraced the motorcycle/spyder life.
(They don't ride) :gaah:They are wanting to come to Spyderfest with us. We are all good friends and have a good time together. We are
just unsure how it will work out with them driving their car. Having never been to Spyderfest I just don't know. Have any of you
had experience with this. Can you tell me how you think this will or won't work?

dave01
02-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Bring them along. Maybe this will be the ticket to get them to try a Spyder. They may feel left out during the rides, but there will be plenty of time for socializing before and after the rides.

BigBadBob
02-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Also our first fest. Looking forward to the adventure and meeting all our spyder buddies.

BigBadBob and FancyNancy

SteveMac
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Bring them along. Maybe this will be the ticket to get them to try a Spyder. They may feel left out during the rides, but there will be plenty of time for socializing before and after the rides.

Absolutely agree. Even if they don't go on the rides, there are many things they can do during that time and socialize at night. Meramec Caverns, Onondaga Cave and more. Plenty to do. And the BRP van will be there. Who knows?? They may test drive one and embrace it!!!!!!!!

Visit http://www.spyderfest.com/Visitors.html for more info.

GloryRyders
02-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Absolutely agree. Even if they don't go on the rides, there are many things they can do during that time and socialize at night. Meramec Caverns, Onondaga Cave and more. Plenty to do. And the BRP van will be there. Who knows?? They may test drive one and embrace it!!!!!!!!

Visit http://www.spyderfest.com/Visitors.html for more info.

:agree: .........there will be plenty to do and see and as others have said, they might just join the :spyder: family.

JCSMOKE
02-17-2012, 06:51 AM
They can get one of the limited edition spyderfest bikes and Ryde home in style.

johnnyg
02-17-2012, 07:02 AM
:agree: with all the above. One thing they didn't mention is the passbook ride, the can do it in the car which will keep them busy. Being the first time being there for all of you. Doing the passbook is alot of fun just trying to find the places :banghead:.

joe schmoe
02-17-2012, 07:20 AM
This is going to be our first Spyderfest as well...I'm going on a motorcycle and the wifey is going to be on her Spyder...Bring your friends along, there will be tons to do and even if they don't won't to do Spyder related things it's the camaraderie of friends that make trips, not the actual destination!!!!

SteveMac
02-17-2012, 08:12 AM
:agree: with all the above. One thing they didn't mention is the passbook ride, the can do it in the car which will keep them busy. Being the first time being there for all of you. Doing the passbook is alot of fun just trying to find the places :banghead:.

EXCELLENT point !!!

bullant12
02-17-2012, 09:23 AM
I would like to get some opinions on how you think this is going to work out. My wife and I and 2 other couples are planning to
come to our first Spyderfest. We are so excited. :yes:We have another couple who are friends who have not really embraced the motorcycle/spyder life.
(They don't ride) :gaah:They are wanting to come to Spyderfest with us. We are all good friends and have a good time together. We are
just unsure how it will work out with them driving their car. Having never been to Spyderfest I just don't know. Have any of you
had experience with this. Can you tell me how you think this will or won't work?

This is going to be our 2nd trip to Cuba (when we mention this to non-:spyder2: people they think we are going to the islandnojoke), our 1st with 2 :spyder2: and also in company of other :spyder2: owners. We have some non-:spyder2: (that know NOW about Cuba Missouri not the island;)) that are going to Six Flags in the STL area and not going to be too far from us. Although they are not interested in ryding with us, they are coming down to see what Spyderfest is all about and probably go to Meramec Caverns and the other great attractions while there. And on the opposite turn, your friends can head out to Six Flags while you guys are ryding with us.

Oldmanzues
02-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Cowtown is a "scene" by itself. Even the ride/drive back to Cuba ( on rt 66) is a event. Be sure to stop at the "worlds tallest Chair" and get a bottle of Route 66 Root beer.
Old Route 66 is now marked ZZ. MoGang will correct me if I am wrong on this. they work very hard to make this a great time.
Good Luck and hope to see you there
Oldmanzues

teacherbob
02-17-2012, 12:41 PM

Hi fellow Kansas spyder riders. If you're taking the scenic route and heading my way, please stop by my shop,Powersports4Less in Spring Hill Kansas, and say hello. If you happen to come by around lunch or dinner time we have a great Bar-B-Q restaurant here in town. Hope to see you in Spring Hill or at Spyderfest.
Bob (Teacherbob)

ntxYguy2009
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Howdy,

Bring your friends along! Len can always sell them a boat! :roflblack:

David
McKinney, TX