PDA

View Full Version : Air wings

spyder3
02-16-2012, 10:44 AM
I received and installed a set of Baker air wings in hope of bringing some air to me while riding in the heat. Even with the windshield all the way down, I only get a little bit from the top vent in my helmet, but not enough to help the rest of me.

The install is easy(even for me). I don't like the fact that i have to unscrew a bolt to get the oil panel door off, so i may eliminate the grill on that side where i can get at the oil stick. I also don't like that its installed on the lower end using 3m double backing tape on top of the can-am chrome part. That all being said, it seems to be on there pretty good.

If it gets me the air I need to be more comfortable, those will be minor :cus: . They look nice and are made well.
Test drive today unless it rains:dontknow:

fencepost
02-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Put a set of Baker Air Wings on my wife’s RT/AC 2 years ago. The double sided tape has not been an issue, still as solid as when installed. I carry a small wrench for when I want to check the oil and found it not to be an issue, no more than taking off the cover. My wire loves her air wings and would not be without them.

spyder3
02-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Put a set of Baker Air Wings on my wife’s RT/AC 2 years ago. The double sided tape has not been an issue, still as solid as when installed. I carry a small wrench for when I want to check the oil and found it not to be an issue, no more than taking off the cover. My wire loves her air wings and would not be without them.

Thanks Fence! Thats good to know. :2thumbs:

fastfraser
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
I good thing about that bolt is you don't have to worry about losing that panel as others have .nojoke Love the AirWings, just purchased the NEW Leg Wing . It fits where the big space beside the upper wing is .

spyder3
02-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I good thing about that bolt is you don't have to worry about losing that panel as others have .nojoke Love the AirWings, just purchased the NEW Leg Wing . It fits where the big space beside the upper wing is .

Very true Fraser, my right side panel was a real :cus: to get off, so that was not flying away anytime soon:roflblack: The oil panel comes off quite easy so your right about that. Its raining, so i haven't tested them yet. thanks!