02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Can't help you with your question but I would like to welcome you to the site
:welcome:

tonka
02-15-2012, 08:04 PM
do you know any seller?

Bumblebee67
02-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi, welcome aboard!!!:clap: Where about in Alabama do you live. There is one in B'ham, Cullman and Hamilton. I think there is another down south somewhere, maybe Dothan.

CZPK
02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I do have mild CP and walk on crutches. I do have full use of my upper body. I bought a 2011 Spyder RTS last August. The only mods I have made so far is ISCI Hand Brake System which mounts on the right side. I have also found a set of crutches that come apart and fit in the trunk. They are in-motion by Millennial medical they are the short/small set. If you would like more info just let me know. Paul

SethO
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I do have mild CP and walk on crutches. I do have full use of my upper body. I bought a 2011 Spyder RTS last August. The only mods I have made so far is ISCI Hand Brake System which mounts on the right side. I have also found a set of crutches that come apart and fit in the trunk. They are in-motion by Millennial medical they are the short/small set. If you would like more info just let me know. Paul

well there are plenty of riders on RS's that want RT's so you should be able to swap out one with cash to you.

Why do you want to switch?

tonka
02-17-2012, 12:43 AM
B`HAM
Hi, welcome aboard!!!:clap: Where about in Alabama do you live. There is one in B'ham, Cullman and Hamilton. I think there is another down south somewhere, maybe Dothan.

tonka
02-17-2012, 12:49 AM
;SURE MY NAME IS REGGIE I WANT THE RS THIS WILL BE MY FIRST BIKE

SteveMac
02-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Just wanted to say :welcome: !!!

tonka
02-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Just wanted to say :welcome: !!!Thank u stevemac

zrc
02-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Big Number 1 in B'Ham, its off 65 toward the middle of town. Nice people and some decent bikes there.

tonka
02-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Just wanted to say :welcome: !!!I would like spyder RS

tonka
02-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Big Number 1 in B'Ham, its off 65 toward the middle of town. Nice people and some decent bikes there.Thank u ryan

tonka
02-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Can't help you with your question but I would like to welcome you to the site
:welcome:thank u

markjperry
02-18-2012, 12:22 AM
I would like spyder RS

Congrats in wanting to get a Spyder. I assume you have good upper body strength to steer and hold on. If this is your first bike I hope there are classes for you to learn how to ride and learn about safe defensive riding. It's one of the greatest thrills in life to be out on the open road. Sights, smells and the excitement of being able to enjoy a sport with many others. You will meet the greatest and most helpful people out there and here at spyderlovers.com.

I hope you can get what your looking for.

Be safe

Maahhk

jimclarkf1
02-18-2012, 02:08 AM
WELCOME TO SPYDERLAND, It was my 1st bike too, I was 57, now 60 and enjoy it more and more. Think about SPYDERFEST 3 comming up real soon.:bowdown::clap:

tonka
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
well I just turn 40 in dec but this will be my first one & would like to meet spyder lovers as myself able body & disabled body glad to be apart of it..
WELCOME TO SPYDERLAND, It was my 1st bike too, I was 57, now 60 and enjoy it more and more. Think about SPYDERFEST 3 comming up real soon.:bowdown::clap:

tonka
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Congrats in wanting to get a Spyder. I assume you have good upper body strength to steer and hold on. If this is your first bike I hope there are classes for you to learn how to ride and learn about safe defensive riding. It's one of the greatest thrills in life to be out on the open road. Sights, smells and the excitement of being able to enjoy a sport with many others. You will meet the greatest and most helpful people out there and here at spyderlovers.com.

I hope you can get what your looking for.

Be safe

MaahhkI do very strong & i`m going to check about classes in my area I would love to have that thrill & excitement of being free I love motorcycle all my life. thank u maahhk...

Baphomet
04-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Hi Tonka. I haven't been on the forum in quite a while but I see you are asking about riders with cerebral palsy. I am a member of this forum because I keep my wife's 2010 RS SE5 maintained and we ride together. I ride a Harley and she rides her Can-am. She is 55 years old and has been riding for over a year now. She has cerebral palsy which effects her mobility considerably. She mounts her Spyder from the right side by first standing with her left foot on the foot peg by the brake then putting the other knee on the seat. Then she brings the other knee to the seat and swings around so she eases down into the saddle. She been doing it so often now that really looks quite graceful getting on. Getting off she scoots to the passenger pillion and swings her right leg over the front and slides off.

Her legs do not have full extension but they do extend enough to reach the foot pegs. However, I modified both the brake pedal and parking brake pedals with home made extensions so she could use them effortlessly. She got her license endorsement by taking a trike safety course on a three wheeled scooter (what she learned to ride on originally). She could have easily used her RS if she had it at the time. I wanted her to have absolute independence when she rides so I told her when we went to the Can-am dealership that if she could get on and off one without my help I would buy it for her ... she did and I did.

Here is a picture of her riding the 3 Sister's loop here in the Texas Hill Country:

http://www.thecopierguru.com/public/christy3sisters.jpg

It was funny because I remember during that ride I was hauling down one stretch of road that was like a roller coaster doing about 90 miles an hour just for fun and I figured I'd better slow down so she could catch up and glanced in my mirrors to she was right on my butt with a big grin on her face. She is a very good rider and actually is much better on the Spyder than I am. She's logged over 8000 miles on it so far.

I just talked to her. She told me she'd log onto the forum latter and see if she can strike up a conversation with you. I think her user name is "triker" but I'm not sure. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.

tonka
04-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi Tonka. I haven't been on the forum in quite a while but I see you are asking about riders with cerebral palsy. I am a member of this forum because I keep my wife's 2010 RS SE5 maintained and we ride together. I ride a Harley and she rides her Can-am. She is 55 years old and has been riding for over a year now. She has cerebral palsy which effects her mobility considerably. She mounts her Spyder from the right side by first standing with her left foot on the foot peg by the brake then putting the other knee on the seat. Then she brings the other knee to the seat and swings around so she eases down into the saddle. She been doing it so often now that really looks quite graceful getting on. Getting off she scoots to the passenger pillion and swings her right leg over the front and slides off.

Her legs do not have full extension but they do extend enough to reach the foot pegs. However, I modified both the brake pedal and parking brake pedals with home made extensions so she could use them effortlessly. She got her license endorsement by taking a trike safety course on a three wheeled scooter (what she learned to ride on originally). She could have easily used her RS if she had it at the time. I wanted her to have absolute independence when she rides so I told her when we went to the Can-am dealership that if she could get on and off one without my help I would buy it for her ... she did and I did.

Here is a picture of her riding the 3 Sister's loop here in the Texas Hill Country:

http://www.thecopierguru.com/public/christy3sisters.jpg

It was funny because I remember during that ride I was hauling down one stretch of road that was like a roller coaster doing about 90 miles an hour just for fun and I figured I'd better slow down so she could catch up and glanced in my mirrors to she was right on my butt with a big grin on her face. She is a very good rider and actually is much better on the Spyder than I am. She's logged over 8000 miles on it so far.

I just talked to her. She told me she'd log onto the forum latter and see if she can strike up a conversation with you. I think her user name is "triker" but I'm not sure. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.sure guy tell anytime I just telling my wife about you and your wife. hopefully my wife will be fine with me having one first & take some kinda courses first to easy her mind.