PDA

View Full Version : What are people paying for....

GnA
02-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Oil changes at the dealers? :gaah:

JJW SpyderRider
02-14-2012, 10:39 PM
My dealer gave me a price of $150 :dontknow:. I passed on the offer and do them myself for about $60. It may have been a very good choice. Another local rider had them change the oil and it was overfilled. To prove that it was at the right level the mechanic showed the owner the oil level, did not run the RT first, did not even thread the stick back in. The RT had oil blowing out of the airbox and all over the engine. :gaah::gaah:

SPYD1
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Up here they want $165 so I do my own. They also do a poor job. It was 1/2 qt low when I got home. When I had my DPS change performed they also left out half of the bolts on the bottom. I had to drive up there and have them order me new ones. I out them in myself. Sorry...to much info...

boborgera
02-14-2012, 11:16 PM

I think you'll find the price's run all over the boards, I used to do my own oil changes, And it ran me about 75 dollars.

GnA
02-15-2012, 12:11 AM
I think you'll find the price's run all over the boards, I used to do my own oil changes, And it ran me about 75 dollars.

Used to? Do you let the dealer do it now? Any particular reason?:dontknow:

ARtraveler
02-15-2012, 12:23 AM
$250-$300 for an oil change and check the vehicle over type service. It used to be $300 plus. My dealer has come down on price a little bit. Most of the cost is labor--$95 per hour here.

I don't like paying that type of money--but :spyder2: is to scarry for me to work on.

I always caution people--do not let them do valve adjustments until 30,000 miles--if you are not experiencing problems. Most of the dealers also know this, and they will add $800 or so to your service bill at the 12,000 mile service if you let them. I am guessing that unscrupulous dealers will add this charge and do nothing--just take the money and run.

Bob Denman
02-15-2012, 07:33 AM
I seem to recall that the last oil change was about $245... before I started adding farkles to the pile! :D

ctpaddler2000
02-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Does the B.E.S.T Plus cover an annual oil change?

Ga Blue Knight
02-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Mine charges $80 an hour labor, it takes about that plus oil, filters, gaskets etc and an all around check. He also checks tires to my pressure choice and check all fluids and grease fittings and top off radiator. It runs total about $135 to $150. Time is money I guess.

boborgera
02-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Used to? Do you let the dealer do it now? Any particular reason?:dontknow:

Sold the Spyder, But i would have let the dealer do it, If i could have just pulled it in Al La Jiffy lube, No appointments necessary and Wait for.

gbouten
02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I just got my Spyder two days ago, but my experience with my Can-Am dealer has not been all that great. I have a Can-Am Outlander quad that has a "Time for oil change" Light that comes on when it is due. I can change the oil but I can't reset the NAG light. Only the dealer can. My dealer is 60 miles away and they charge me one hour just to reset the light. Pleas tell me the spyder does not have this NAG light as I would rather change my own oil. Great site here I'm glad I stumbled in.

Bob Denman
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Welcome to an Outtie owner! :2thumbs: So which one do you have? Please tell us it's the new 1000cc version! :bowdown::bowdown:

boborgera
02-15-2012, 02:30 PM
I just got my Spyder two days ago, but my experience with my Can-Am dealer has not been all that great. I have a Can-Am Outlander quad that has a "Time for oil change" Light that comes on when it is due. I can change the oil but I can't reset the NAG light. Only the dealer can. My dealer is 60 miles away and they charge me one hour just to reset the light. Pleas tell me the spyder does not have this NAG light as I would rather change my own oil. Great site here I'm glad I stumbled in.

No Service light, And like i answered in your other post, You might be able to reset the light by disconnecting the battery, I do it on my Car and truck, works every time.:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
WELCOME ABOARD,...AND I TOO FEEL YOU'RE PAIN.....ON THAT ANNOYING LIGHT THING...JUST TAPE OVER IT...:gaah::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:....MI KE...:thumbup:

Bumblebee67
02-15-2012, 08:04 PM
I got all ya'll beat.....mine charges................406.00 nojoke. I had their "Blue Diamond" care plan for my first two oil changes so I didn't have to pay for it but I'm fast approaching my next oil change and this one will come out of my back pocket :yikes: :banghead: .Can't wait till Lamont's :bowdown:BBQ where hopefully I'll learn how to do it myself :pray:.

DocRags
02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
I got all ya'll beat.....mine charges................406.00 nojoke. I had their "Blue Diamond" care plan for my first two oil changes so I didn't have to pay for it but I'm fast approaching my next oil change and this one will come out of my back pocket :yikes: :banghead: .Can't wait till Lamont's :bowdown:BBQ where hopefully I'll learn how to do it myself :pray:. If you want to ride down here, Bumblebee, we'll get Ed to change it while we have a glass of wine! :2thumbs: LOL. (Shhhh...don't tell him I offered before I asked him!) :roflblack:

punji
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM

Closest dealer to me charges nearly $400. I don't go there any more. Others vary from a low of $220 up to $313.

Typical labor rate is roughly $100 per hour, so that's where a lot of the $$$ goes.

Bumblebee67
02-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks DocRags :D, In the meantime, can u send me the WHOLE bottle :cheers: cause I'm gonna need it when I go for the next oil change :roflblack::roflblack:nojoke

neelbert
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
my dealer said brp allowed 18 minutes

Tx web rider
02-15-2012, 11:57 PM
when my dealer did my first oil change it was around 125 i think i had extra things done same time so im not exactly sure on the oil change price
entire bill was 225 for the oil change and wrapping the pipes for the south Texas heat

i was allowed in the shop during the oil change since I'm 140 miles from the dealer so when i did my oil change today it wasn't to bad only issue i had was i didnt have a 5mm allen socket to get to the lower filter bolt so i ran all over to find one

took me about an hour being my first time on the spyder

the oil was $75 and filters were $25 so i saved 25 in cost over the dealer not including the 2 tanks of fuel round trip to and from the dealer