PDA

View Full Version : New Syder Ryders Club - Introducing the WIILY Spyder Ryders

Papa
02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
On January 21st 26 people got together to discussforming a Spyder Ryders club. We met,agreed on a very informal structure (for now) and scheduled our nextmeeting. On February 4th weheld our second meeting and planned our first event. Jim Potts Motor Group sponsored our meetings.
At the International Motorcycle Show about 30 members of theWIILY (Wisconsin, Illinois Y) Spyder Ryders supported BRP at their booth bytalking to attendees about our experience with our Spyders. What we did was what most of us do every timewe need to fill up at the gas station and get stopped. Jim Potts arranged for a bus, lunch andshirts (with “Ask me about my Spyder” for the event. Here is a note from the BRP District Managerabout our participation:
“Amajor success at this year's show was the presence of Spyder Owners and Riders inthe booth selling the public on just how great the machines really are. Jim Potts Motor Group organized a bus full of owners (approximately 35)to come to the show wearing T-shirts that said "Ask me about mySpyder". These folks stole the show with firsthand experience andstories being related to potential customers.”
We are offto a good start and plan on group rides to Spyderfest, Owners Event andlocally. If you have interest in joiningour group let me know and we will get you on our email list.

Smokinspyder
02-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Wish I could have been there .. Sorry I missed it . :bowdown:

Macca
02-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Had a great time with great people!

JJW SpyderRider
02-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Wish I could have been there .. Sorry I missed it . :bowdown:

It was a good time. The booth was a very busy place :chat:. I think I talked to 100 people myself. I had several people actually verify that I did not work for BRP but was an actual owner. They wanted to hear what actual riders had to say about the spyder. I was able to tell a lot of people the main things to remember to do when riding a spyder; Loose grip & shift no less than 5500 rpm. There were several people that said they were going to get one this spring. One young woman was insistant that she was going to Jim Potts and would be riding with us this year :yes:.

A big thanks goes out to Jim Potts and BRP for setting this up, transport, tickets, and all the food. :firstplace:

SteveMac
02-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Excellent write up.
Congrats on the new group.
Have fun most importantly! :yes:

tajohn
02-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Enjoyed the write up!! Great Idea! Always good to read about a dealer who involves their most valuable asset, the customer.

Lady Macca
02-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks to Jim Potts and our fellow spyder riders :)...had a great time!

GloryRyders
02-15-2012, 06:54 AM
:congrats: on the new group and the great idea.:firstplace:

flamingobabe
02-15-2012, 07:00 AM
That is great!!! sounds like y'all had fun and are going to have more fun...see y'all at Spyderfest!!!

JJW SpyderRider
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
:congrats: on the new group and the great idea.:firstplace:

51 Members
39 Spyders
A whole lot of fun :yes::yes::yes: and a good start. We did about 10 + group rides last year as just a group of friends now to start planning this years rides! Many of us will be going down to Spyderfest again this year. :doorag:

Macca
02-24-2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LX9jWBKXIU

JJW SpyderRider
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LX9jWBKXIU

They got my good side (back of head not front) but there was a good shot of you and lisa at the end :2thumbs:.

JCSMOKE
02-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I had a blast, it was great seeing everyone again, and best of all talking about spyders! A lot of folks had a lot of questions and it was fun just going with the flow and seeing all of the interest. Spent more money then I had intended too but gerbings heated wear is said to be the way to go so I went. Can't wait for the rydes this year.

packbuckbrew
02-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Count me in, sorry i missed the show. Nice job getting this organized.