PDA

View Full Version : Save These Dates for Spyder Rides this Season

Paula(Butch2025)
02-12-2012, 10:50 PM
:clap:I met with Les Caswell this weekend and we came up with these dates for our Spyder/Motorcycle Rides for this season:

April 21
May 12
June 2
July 21
August 25
September 22
October 13

The times and destinations are yet to be determined, but we are looking at rides right around 300 miles with stops along the way, all beginning and ending at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN. We also thought it would be fun to plan one overnight ride! It looks like the August one would be the best candidate for that. Hope you all can save these dates and we look forward to riding with you this season.

--Paula

Squadcarman
02-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Some of the dates look like they will work for me and my bride. April is always a bad month for me so no Spyderfest either. Hopefully we can work out a few dates.
:thumbup:

MMcc
02-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Butch; April is out for me. I am leaving for Denmark on Thursday for 2 weeks and then home for 10 days before I go to China for 3+ weeks. Hope to get some riding in when we return to California the middle of April. May sounds good and hopefully will make Spyderfest this year. An overnight would be fun i.e. Gunflint trail area. Getting to old for ground camping but lots of nice motels along the lake. Hope to see everyone in May. Mike

ttorfin
03-23-2012, 08:02 AM
How do I join the MN chapter? I live up by Moorhead, MN

ARtraveler
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
The suggestion for Gunflint Trail camping is a good one. The Flour Lake and East Bearskin Lake campgrounds are both very nice and have about 40 spaces each. I think the Forest Service still makes reservations.

Closer: The Sawbill Lake campgrounds on Sawbill Tral also have lots of spaces.

I miss those North Shore Drive rides, as I used to go camping and canoeing most every weekend during the summer.

I envy you Minnesota Riders. I would be a regular if I still lived there.

Paula(Butch2025)
03-24-2012, 09:21 AM
The suggestion for Gunflint Trail camping is a good one. The Flour Lake and East Bearskin Lake campgrounds are both very nice and have about 40 spaces each. I think the Forest Service still makes reservations.

Closer: The Sawbill Lake campgrounds on Sawbill Tral also have lots of spaces.

I miss those North Shore Drive rides, as I used to go camping and canoeing most every weekend during the summer.

I envy you Minnesota Riders. I would be a regular if I still lived there.

I agree that we are lucky to live in Minnesota too!
You could always come back for a visit and ride with us, it would be fun to meet you and your wife.
--Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
03-24-2012, 09:29 AM
How do I join the MN chapter? I live up by Moorhead, MN

Welcome to the Spyder world!

To join our group on SpyderLovers, click on the "Community" drop down, click on "Groups", then look for the Minnesota Chapter.

We are a pretty informal group, no group meetings or anything like that. I wanted to put together some rides here in our state. So I got our dealer, Les Caswell, to help put these rides together and be the point of take off and return.

On the group site you will see a list of dates that we put together for our rides this season, sure hope they work for you. Just to let you know we don't limit these rides to Spyders only, so if you have 2 wheel friends they are certainly welcome too.

Also, Mark a CAT Specialties just posted that he has a few Minnesota Chapter t-shirts left, check it out he came up with a great design for us. Hope to see you soon either at SpyderFest or our rides.

Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
03-24-2012, 09:54 AM
:ohyea:We set the time and destination for our April 21 ride:

Leave Caswell Cycle, Mora, MN at 10:00am
Head west/north to tour around Lake Mille Lacs, stopping for lunch on the east side of the lake, then head back to Caswell Cycle.
Approximately 125 miles

Sure hope you can all join us.
--Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
:ohyea:We set the time and destination for our April 21 ride:

Leave Caswell Cycle, Mora, MN at 10:00am
Head west/north to tour around Lake Mille Lacs, stopping for lunch on the east side of the lake, then head back to Caswell Cycle.
Approximately 125 miles

Sure hope you can all join us.
--Paula
Just a reminder that our ride is coming up in few weeks, we look forward to seeing you all.
--Paula

fireplug98
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey you guys !!

Might be able to make it this Saturday for ride. It all depends if my Spyder gets outta the shop.
They ordered all the stuff today I think (I hope). They are replacing the throttle body (bogging down 1st to 2nd gear)and shimming the motor (because of vibration I'm getting. I still think its belt adjustment).
Hope to make it Saturday !!

Tommy J.

Paula(Butch2025)
04-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Fireplug it I hope you can make it -- you could even have Nat or Andrew check your belt tension while at Caswell's on Saturday!

Don't forget our first ride of the season this Saturday, April 21 @ 10am. It's a shorter one (125 miles) but we are stopping for lunch on the shore of Lake Mille Lacs! ​--Paula

fireplug98
04-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Thats a great idea !! ;) I hope my bike is done by Friday !!

Tommy J.

SethO
04-19-2012, 02:16 AM
mora and caswells are legit, Les is the man. was a cool place to hang out at and see a motorcycle business in action.

Paula(Butch2025)
04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
:clap::ohyea::clap:
Don't forget our first ride of the season this Saturday, April 21 @ 10am. It's a shorter one (125 miles) but we are stopping for lunch on the shore of Lake Mille Lacs! ​--Paula[/QUOTE]

fireplug98
04-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Hey Everyone !!!

Well, still no bike. :gaah: Maybe Monday or Tuesday.
They replaced the throttle body, shimmed the motor and a couple other little things.
Still trying to resolve the radio & XM issues
Gonna have to try and make the next ride.
Hope you have a great time and stay safe !!

Tommy J.

Paula(Butch2025)
04-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Hopefully you get your Spyder back soon...it was a pretty lousy day for a ride but we went up there anyways because we needed help Seth get his spyder back up north after getting some work done it at Caswell's. No one else showed up either, so Les, Kaye, Butch and me all rode up to the lunch spot and eat. It's great place right on Lake Mille Lacs, so we are going to go there another time more of you can join us.
--Paula

SpyderVikki
05-03-2012, 09:17 AM
:clap:I met with Les Caswell this weekend and we came up with these dates for our Spyder/Motorcycle Rides for this season:

April 21
May 12
June 2
July 21
August 25
September 22
October 13

The times and destinations are yet to be determined, but we are looking at rides right around 300 miles with stops along the way, all beginning and ending at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN. We also thought it would be fun to plan one overnight ride! It looks like the August one would be the best candidate for that. Hope you all can save these dates and we look forward to riding with you this season.

--Paula

I'm new to this. How do I sign up for these rides?

Paula(Butch2025)
05-03-2012, 09:49 PM
We are pretty informal...so just letting me know on here that you are coming is fine. I will be posting the details after I meet with Les at Caswell's this week.
--Paula

SethO
05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Tell Heather she should take my spyder, I have to now work that weekend.

They could check on the oil leak too

Paula(Butch2025)
05-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Tell Heather she should take my spyder, I have to now work that weekend.

They could check on the oil leak too

That would be a great trip...Wanda should ride down with her!!!