PDA

View Full Version : Sounds/noise

prmurat
02-12-2012, 09:49 PM
At 4500miles I am missing some noises and discovering some new ones:
- no more air compressor noises but I am not sure if I feel a difference with the rear suspension or not
- strange noises from the front calipers or suspension??? No probs with the brakes nor the shock absorbers...
It's a RTes 2011

A trip to the dealer ?
Thank you.

NancysToy
02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
You can check the rear suspension yourself. The Spyder must be running and in gear. Lower the setting, and have someone measure the Spyder ride height. The rear fender is a good place. Then raise the setting and measure again. There should be a few inches of difference.

OneBadPenny
02-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Make sure your compresor is running. It should only run with the engine running. Have someone sit on it. Our bike had a bad ground in the dash unit and the dash module had to be replaced re-zeroing the mileage. If you do not hear the compresor or air escaping from the valve you may have an issue.

StanProff
02-13-2012, 09:09 AM
At 4500miles I am missing some noises and discovering some new ones:
- no more air compressor noises but I am not sure if I feel a difference with the rear suspension or not
- strange noises from the front calipers or suspension??? No probs with the brakes nor the shock absorbers...
It's a RTes 2011

A trip to the dealer ?
Thank you.

I no longer hear the noise,or it has gotten a lot quiter, from the anti lock brakes (the ticking when applying the brakes). My RT- S has close to 8,000 miles on it.

prmurat
02-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Seems I have to have the computer/compressor reset or the sensor changed: compressor still works up and down but not automatically (by the way is there an indication of the "toughness" of the rear suspension on the dashboard or just the band on the left indicating that you are using the compressor?).
Seems the front calipers noises are just the pads moving around?!
Thanks
Philippe

NancysToy
02-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Seems I have to have the computer/compressor reset or the sensor changed: compressor still works up and down but not automatically (by the way is there an indication of the "toughness" of the rear suspension on the dashboard or just the band on the left indicating that you are using the compressor?).
Seems the front calipers noises are just the pads moving around?!
Thanks
Philippe

You should have a five level band gauge on the left (after you push the button) that shows the current setting with a highlighted section. If you get an orange "Manual" indication, you have a software problem that needs to be addressed by your dealer using BUDS. There is a service bulletin on this, and it is a quick fix. If the gauge is present, but doesn't change, you may have a problem with the compressor, airbag, or air piping. You could also have an ACS sensor problem. If you added the compressor to a lower model RT, you need to visit the dealer to have it enabled via BUDS. In short, if the Spyder ride height does not change when the Spyder is running and in gear, you need to see your dealer.

prmurat
02-24-2012, 06:21 PM
So I went to Speed & Sports in Livermore and the diagnostics were:
-front noise: one a suspension components (bar??) was getting too loose, a little tightening and it's ok now
-lack of compressor noise: when the dashboard was changes 1600 miles ago, the setting of the suspension was not done and needed to be re-set... now I can hear the compressor and see the level bar on the left of the dash

Last funny thing: when there are stickers saying "to not top of" it really means something... have to change the evap canister as wanting to have a full gas tank is not something the RT appreciates!!!

No comments...