PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Creek SCRC Spyder Ryders

glynnk
02-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Based on conversations last night at the Frog, it appears our SCRC Chapter won't have anybody riding to the Groundhog Day ride to Speegleville outside of Waco this Saturday (Feb. 11th). This is an annual ride that the Ft. Worth Chapter has sponsored for a number of years, but if we don't have anybody expressing at interest in riding up, maybe we need to come up with a more local breakfast/lunch ride somewhere. Anybody got any ideas or suggestions for this Saturday? Come on....the weather is suppose to be decent...we gotta go somewhere and besides we all gotta eat! LOL! Somebody chime in....

Glynnk

RAYYOU
02-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Glynn,
Looks like nobodys interested for this weekend. We would love to take a ride this weekend,but
I have committed to my honey dos this weekend so we can make you guys meeting next weekend. Sorry to be a party pooper.

glynnk
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Glynn,
Looks like nobodys interested for this weekend. We would love to take a ride this weekend,but
I have committed to my honey dos this weekend so we can make you guys meeting next weekend. Sorry to be a party pooper.

Know all about "honey do's"...take care and look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Glynn

dmessenger
02-10-2012, 03:11 AM
I have a couple of suggestions, depending on what length of a trip anyone wants to take.

The first, if you want a short breakfast trip, is the Jay Cafe, 16634 Route 36 in Needville. The breakfast bar is Very good, or they will cook to order. We can cut through some back roads to get there, making it a more interesting ride.

If a longer ride is suggested, then we can head up to the Brenham Aiport and do lunch at the airport cafe which has a 1950's style setting complete with waitresses wearing those wide, hoop-like skirts and bobby socks. We could then head on up to Burton on 290, then swing back east on Scenic 390, one of my favorite motorcycle roads, to complete our ride.

Don

Siennabob
02-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi guys, I just saw your posts for a Saturday ride. I'm game to join in. The Jay Cafe in Needville is my first choice. I've never riden with your group before, so would need directions to starting spot and time. Let me know.

glynnk
02-10-2012, 08:34 AM
I have a couple of suggestions, depending on what length of a trip anyone wants to take.

The first, if you want a short breakfast trip, is the Jay Cafe, 16634 Route 36 in Needville. The breakfast bar is Very good, or they will cook to order. We can cut through some back roads to get there, making it a more interesting ride.

If a longer ride is suggested, then we can head up to the Brenham Aiport and do lunch at the airport cafe which has a 1950's style setting complete with waitresses wearing those wide, hoop-like skirts and bobby socks. We could then head on up to Burton on 290, then swing back east on Scenic 390, one of my favorite motorcycle roads, to complete our ride.

Don

Don--Been to the Brenham Airport, but not to Jay's in Needville. Just saw the forecast for tomorrow and it's changed from yesterday's...instead of highs in the 60's it's now highs in the 50's. What do you think?

Glynn

flamingobabe
02-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Sorry we can't make it...we will be in Galveston doing the Mardi Gras stuff.....y'all have fun...next time....

I've always wanted to stop at Jay's Cafe....there is always a crowd when we ride by.......some day!!!! same with Brenham airport...someday!!!!!

we will miss the meeting next week...gone out of town......keep us posted on happenings...fb

Don

spyderdiva
02-10-2012, 10:02 AM
I would think about it if my ride was fixed. But am without my bike so nor riding for me.:(

dmessenger
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Don--Been to the Brenham Airport, but not to Jay's in Needville. Just saw the forecast for tomorrow and it's changed from yesterday's...instead of highs in the 60's it's now highs in the 50's. What do you think?

Looks like the temp will be around 40 degrees at meetup time. Actually, I prefer warmer temps, but will make the ride if nobody wants to postpone it.

glynnk
02-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Looks like the temp will be around 40 degrees at meetup time. Actually, I prefer warmer temps, but will make the ride if nobody wants to postpone it.

Don--I'll give it a shot. What time you wanna meet and where? Siennabob posted earlier about joining up. Maybe some other folks up this way may go as well...just have to wait and see if any other folks post.

Glynn

dmessenger
02-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Don--I'll give it a shot. What time you wanna meet and where? Siennabob posted earlier about joining up. Maybe some other folks up this way may go as well...just have to wait and see if any other folks post.

Glynn

Glynn,

If it is only you, Siennabob and me, let's you and I meet up at Sam's at Fry and I-10. We can change the initial meetup location if others want to join us.

Siennabob, it might be a little out of your way to meet us at Fry Road, but you are welcome to do that if you care to. Otherwise, we can join you in Fulshear at the Shell station where we will take a pleasant backroad toward Needville. As Needville is down your way, you may also consider meeting us at Jay's. Whichever, we are looking forward to meeting you personally.

I'll post meetup times after 4:00 PM today when others have an opportunity to read and reply to this post.

FmfTxs
02-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Glynn,
Bonnie and I will try this run to Jay's, We have a afternoon commitment. This should work.

Rick

dmessenger
02-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Glynn,
Bonnie and I will try this run to Jay's, We have a afternoon commitment. This should work.

Rick

Rick,

Is the Fry Road location OK with you as a meetup place? I'll get back after 4:00 PM today with meetup times.

glynnk
02-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Glynn,

If it is only you, Siennabob and me, let's you and I meet up at Sam's at Fry and I-10. We can change the initial meetup location if others want to join us.

Siennabob, it might be a little out of your way to meet us at Fry Road, but you are welcome to do that if you care to. Otherwise, we can join you in Fulshear at the Shell station where we will take a pleasant backroad toward Needville. As Needville is down your way, you may also consider meeting us at Jay's. Whichever, we are looking forward to meeting you personally.

I'll post meetup times after 4:00 PM today when others have an opportunity to read and reply to this post.

Don---Sounds good. I've noticed that Rick and Bonnie up this way are planning to go as well. I'll check the Board after 4:00 today.

Glynn

FmfTxs
02-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Don,

Fry and I-10 work perfect for us, I'll check back after 4:00.

Rick

harleyRick
02-10-2012, 04:02 PM
let me know what time and I'll try to make it ! I'll meet y'all at Jays.

dmessenger
02-10-2012, 05:45 PM
For those Ryders coming from the Cypress area, or north, let's meet at Sam's on I-10 just west of Fry Road at 9:00AM. (Stay on the feeder.)

For others who want to join us along the way, we will make a stop at the Fulshear Shell Station around 9:30. From there, we"ll head down Bois d' Arc Lane, meandering over to Route 359 and on down to Needville.

Let me know if the times and route conflict with anyone. Otherwise, hope to see you starting in Sam's parking lot at 9:00 AM

glynnk
02-10-2012, 05:55 PM
For those Ryders coming from the Cypress area, or north, let's meet at Sam's on I-10 just west of Fry Road at 9:00AM. (Stay on the feeder.)

For others who want to join us along the way, we will make a stop at the Fulshear Shell Station around 9:30. From there, we"ll head down Bois d' Arc Lane, meandering over to Route 359 and on down to Needville.

Let me know if the times and route conflict with anyone. Otherwise, hope to see you starting in Sam's parking lot at 9:00 AM

Don--See you at 9:00 tomorrow morning.

Glynn

FmfTxs
02-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Don,
We'll be there at 9:00 am

Rick

TexasTripod
02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
What time do you guys plan on getting to Needville? If I get my business done early I'll try and meet you there.

glynnk
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
What time do you guys plan on getting to Needville? If I get my business done early I'll try and meet you there.

Steve--Don's planning a stop at the Shell station in Fulshear around 9:30, so I'd anticipate we'd be arriving at Jay's by 10:00-10:15. Hope you can make it.

Glynn

glynnk
02-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi guys, I just saw your posts for a Saturday ride. I'm game to join in. The Jay Cafe in Needville is my first choice. I've never riden with your group before, so would need directions to starting spot and time. Let me know.

Hope to see you tomorrow. Look forward to meeting and riding with you.

Glynn

glynnk
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Sorry we can't make it...we will be in Galveston doing the Mardi Gras stuff.....y'all have fun...next time....

I've always wanted to stop at Jay's Cafe....there is always a crowd when we ride by.......some day!!!! same with Brenham airport...someday!!!!!

we will miss the meeting next week...gone out of town......keep us posted on happenings...fb

We'll miss you and HG, but it sounds like you guys are gonna have a pretty good time. Is the pic posted on FB y'all's Mardi Gras attire?

Glynn

Siennabob
02-10-2012, 08:02 PM
See you guys tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM at Sam's on Fry Rd.

twain
02-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Wish I could ride but have to work. See you guys next weekend in Conroe.:(

Dar
02-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Wish I could have made it. But working 6 day a week now.

glynnk
02-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Wish I could have made it. But working 6 day a week now.

We'll miss you...tell your boss they're working you too hard!

Glynn

glynnk
02-10-2012, 11:13 PM
I would think about it if my ride was fixed. But am without my bike so nor riding for me.:(

Diann--Keep us posted on your bike situation. Look forward to seeing you at the next Conroe Chapter meeting.

Glynn

glynnk
02-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Nice ride this morning to the Jay Cafe in Needville. A little "nippy", but with sunshine. Good turnout--HarleyRick, Howard, Bob, Sally, Wayne, Billie, Don, Rick and Bonnie. Look foward to the next ride.
:clap:
Glynnk

dmessenger
02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice ride this morning to the Jay Cafe in Needville. A little "nippy", but with sunshine. Good turnout--HarleyRick, Howard, Bob, Sally, Wayne, Billie, Don, Rick and Bonnie. Look foward to the next ride.
:clap:
Glynnk

I would like to thank all of you for joining in the ride this morning despite the chilly air. It was really great getting together. On the return trip I had the sun at my back nearly all the way which kept the cold at bay ... or, maybe it was that the temperature was no longer in the low 40's. :)

glynnk
02-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Happy Spyder ryders-----the Jay Cafe, Needville.

Arch
02-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Sorry to have missed the ride and everybody, had to take the bike in for service today to get ready for Big Bend, see y'all next time.

Ed

glynnk
02-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Sorry to have missed the ride and everybody, had to take the bike in for service today to get ready for Big Bend, see y'all next time.

Ed

Ed--We missed you. Wish I could go with you guys on the Big Bend ride.

Glynn