PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Folding WC to 2011 Spyder

markjperry
02-06-2012, 06:43 PM
If these pictures show the proper order, it is how I mount a folding TiLite wheelchair to the Can Am Spyder with a mount that I have created with a local machine shop. I have an album with more pictures as this interface only allows me 5 pictures. I plan to do a video when the weather gets warmer and I have a camera person to assist. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. markjperry@comcast.net

I purchased the Spyder last June and due to situations beyond my control, I was only able to put 1800 miles on it so far. Looking forward to a spring/summer/fall of many miles.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Mark
or as we say in Boston, Maahhk

JCSMOKE
02-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Looks good! But I do hav to say I was a bit disapointed that I didn't see a folding water closet :opps:

markjperry
02-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Looks good! But I do hav to say I was a bit disapointed that I didn't see a folding water closet :opps:

Under the seat in the next mod :)

fastfraser
02-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Nice mod !:thumbup:

landrover97
03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
HI Mark

This is my wheelchair carrier and I used a Givi pannier frame.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=124377321012262

Kind regards

Greg

nyfdtsdemt
06-04-2015, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=markjperry;414527]If these pictures show the proper order, it is how I mount a folding TiLite wheelchair to the Can Am Spyder with a mount that I have created with a local machine shop. I have an album with more pictures as this interface only allows me 5 pictures. I plan to do a video when the weather gets warmer and I have a camera person to assist. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. markjperry@comcast.net

I purchased the Spyder last June and due to situations beyond my control, I was only able to put 1800 miles on it so far. Looking forward to a spring/summer/fall of many miles.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Mark
or as we say in Boston, Maahhk[ hi where did u get folding mount for chair i have new can-am spyder and disable man need take my chair with me how much u paid thanks gee.

Chupaca
06-04-2015, 07:37 PM
very nice set up. Looks like your on your way to wherever you want to go...:clap::ohyea:

Henning
06-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Hi, I am also a happy Spyder RS owner with WC lift.

I was thinking also in same direction as you have done here. But the problem here is that you have mount the carrier on the wheel-axel.. and there is no damping when you ridig in bumby roads and will beat up your wheelchair and in worst case your spyder.. the best way, is to fasten the mount on upper frame wich follow the shocks, and it wil be a much smoother ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6CGPkU9bA