PDA

View Full Version : PLANNING MY SPYDERFEST TRIP

sealfloorboards
02-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Riding 2,700 miles from Newberg, Or. to Cuba, Mo. in a set amount of time is proving to be quite an undertaking for this first time "long trip" old guy. Worked on it all day today. I'm hoping to hook up with other SpyderFest bound riders as well as keeping in mind where Can Am Dealers are along the way.....just in case. So far this is what I have come up with:
Sunday, April 15th leave Newberg for Redding, Ca....400 mi.
Monday: Redding to Buttonwillow, Ca....421 mi.
Tuesday: Buttonwillow to Bullhead City, Ca. 320 mi.
Wed.: Bullhead City to Gallup, NM....360 Mi.
Thursday: Gallup to Amarillo, Tx....425 Mi.
Friday: Amarillo to Tulsa, Ok.....365 mi.
Sat.: Cuba, Mo.....312 mi
This is just a working concept as I don't plan to be in Cuba until Monday the 23rd. I'm leaving a two day window for the unexpected and/or a day or two layover somewhere. I would like to hook up with as many as possible en route and make a grand entrance into Cuba on Monday. Anyone interested? Nothing is set in stone but I'm trying to stay south, warn and dry. Not the shortest route but maybe the most comfortable for the time of year.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FlloorBoards

SpyderAnn01
02-05-2012, 10:12 AM
John I am assuming that you mean Bullhead City, Arizona right? I think we can hook up with you. I'll send you a PM

sealfloorboards
02-05-2012, 08:32 PM
John I am assuming that you mean Bullhead City, Arizona right? I think we can hook up with you. I'll send you a PM

Thanks, I got it. Sounds good.

John

sealfloorboards
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM

Isn't anyone else from "Out West" riding to SpyderFest? A group ride is more fun and safer than all those miles solo:chat:. All are welcome.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

sealfloorboards
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Looks like I'll be heading from N.Ca. towards Las Vegas To hook up with another Spyder Couple. Any of you other Los Vegas folks want to join our growing band of merry makers:thumbup:?

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

SpyderAnn01
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
From the last update it looks like there are 14 from CA signed up and I believe that the So. CA riders are planning on I40 route also. Maybe we can link up with them.

sealfloorboards
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey Spydergirl,

How and when are you and your gang heading to SpyderFest?

John
Seal FlorBoards