PDA

View Full Version : HAND BRAKE LEVER?

7 Decades
02-02-2012, 06:41 PM
HI SRYDER RIDERS Did anyone find a ajustable brake lever for the ISCI hand brake or do you know the HD parts # for the unit?
THANKYOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY:):):)

TuckMiddle
02-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Year, I found a bunch, they are in stock at your friendly Harley dealer. It's the current lever for the touring bikes and a few others. You'll notice the reservoir on the HDs are mounter "snugly" against the handle bar and has about 3 fingers of width between the grip and the closest curve of the lever. That same reservoir/lever combo on the Spyder is mounted "geometrically" different and is over 4 fingers between the grip and lever. I've looked everywhere for an adjustable lever like the clutch has, but no dice. The distance is not a problem on the HDs. I've noticed some of the production the Triumphs have adjustable, somewhat similar levers, but I doubt if they would fit well where the lever attaches to the reservoir. I'll PM you the rest of the story right now.
:banghead:Tuck

gimpygary62
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
A few months ago I called ISCI to see if they would provide me the name of the manufacturer that made the assembly so I could see if there was an adj lever that fit. They let me know there is not one available and despite having several discussions with the manufacturer it did not appear like there was going to anything forthcoming.

On a more positive note, ISCI also informed me that they have received numerous requests for an adj lever and they were considering engineering/manufacturing one of their own although it would be a little pricey at 1st due to the cost of developing it.

I ride in traffic constantly and although I can cover the brake with my index and middle finger it's only up to the 1st joint of the fingers. That doesn't provide much in the way of leverage for those times when someone in a car decides they want to occupy the same space.

I'd gladly pay for a pricey adjustable lever. Hopefully there is enough folks out there that feel the same to convince ISCI that an adj lever would be a profitable addition to their line of quality products.:pray: