PDA

View Full Version : Spyders in the Desert

Arr MiHardies
02-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Was just thinking earlier today.....
If we can get this local (Vegas) club off the ground, it might be possible to host an event.
I can think of several nearby rides with interesting destinations for such an event and was wondering how many would actually be interested in something like this.
Timing would probably be best as march - may or mid October to keep temperatures cooler. Maybe even
Destinations could include :
Area 51 / Extraterrestrial highway
Lake Havasu / London bridge
Hoover Dam / bridge
Las Vegas Strip nite ride
Red Rock Canyon
Valley of Fire
Death Valley
Grand canyon
Mt. Charleston
There are also some other cool rides that don't have cool destinations, but are fun journeys.
I'm just wondering how many people might be interested in something like this.

SpyderAnn01
02-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Sounds good to me.

Nor-Cal Spyder
02-02-2012, 01:34 AM
We would, keep me posted.

SpyderRyder
02-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Yup, I'm there.:yes:

Desert Spyder
02-02-2012, 07:38 AM
You got it! Justin down the road from me.

ABQ_Spyderman
02-02-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm game. Not that I need an excuse to go to Vegas, but I can't think of a finer one! 40229

MMcc
02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Winter near Palm Springs. Would be interested. Leave for MN the middle of April, back here Nov 1. While here would love to meet up and ride.

Bob Denman
02-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Lots to see and lots of places to ryde... :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
02-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I am thinking of a Vegas trip in the not to distant future. I have been to 3 or 4 of the locations you mentioned and they are great rides. Are there any Spyder rentals available that you know of in Vegas? They rent everything else--so I am guessing there should be.

SpyderAnn01
02-02-2012, 12:54 PM
http://spyder-rentals.com/ i don't know anything about them but I Googled Spyder rentals Las Vegas and they came up.

GnA
02-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I just rode through Lake Havasu City last week.... I think it would make a great really location.

Area 51 might be tricky... The aliens would want to abduct our Spyders... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://617D59F9-BEFE-453A-9DF4-006350B80F61/imagegif

Arr MiHardies
02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
No local rentals last I checked. Last I checked though an la firm would deliver some spyders to Vegas for a fee and minimum 3 day rental. Not worth the cost though.

ARtraveler
02-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the look see for me. I spent about 1/2 hour searching Vegas for Spyder rentals and came up with a blank. Guess I will have to rent a Lambourgini or a Ferrari :roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-02-2012, 03:35 PM
You could always just Ryde South... :2thumbs:

BIKEMIKE
02-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I live in NC and have never been past the Mississippi river. Come March i'm riding my bike to Lake Havasu city to attend my Sister's wedding. Can anyone give me some advice on what I can expect weather wise and anything else i might run into going through AZ. I have over 35years of bike riding from North to South but only on the East coast so I know what to expect here. I know the weather can change fast out west so a little help would be great.

GnA
02-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I am thinking of a Vegas trip in the not to distant future. I have been to 3 or 4 of the locations you mentioned and they are great rides. Are there any Spyder rentals available that you know of in Vegas? They rent everything else--so I am guessing there should be.

Pick one up in Phoenix... It's a great ryde to Vegas - stop at the Grand Canyon!

I know where you can get one!:thumbup::thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
That's a good idea--but--I would have to fly into Vegas where I would be base "camping". The round trip drive to Phoenix would be a little out of the way this time.

Bob D: Yes, I could drive South, but when I get to Vegas I want to have fun. The extra days riding to Vegas from AK would not work for me. I work for two companies and have to do a large payroll every week--so I have to work my vacations in summer around that day.

Thanks for your help though, I do appreciate the suggestions.

sandrunr1
02-02-2012, 05:13 PM
I live in NC and have never been past the Mississippi river. Come March i'm riding my bike to Lake Havasu city to attend my Sister's wedding. Can anyone give me some advice on what I can expect weather wise and anything else i might run into going through AZ. I have over 35years of bike riding from North to South but only on the East coast so I know what to expect here. I know the weather can change fast out west so a little help would be great.
Ah, the weather. In March it could be cold, windy, rainy, still snowy, one or all. It could be very nice. Carry warm gear and rain gear and you should be alright. Oh watch for animals on the road. Starting mating season about then.

Arr MiHardies
02-02-2012, 05:20 PM

That time of year high temps in the area id expect mid 80s, but as low as high 40s at night. Early march can be rainy. Most of march can be windy. Lose e wind and could be nice riding weather. Pack some warm stuff just in case.

Arr MiHardies
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
And yes. SNow still possible I higher elevations like around flagstaff.

BIKEMIKE
02-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the info I'll be ready.

murlaw703
02-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Sounds good to me too ! Lots of good rides in the area... Keep me posted.:doorag: