PDA

View Full Version : How many Spyder riders still own 2 wheelers?

StanProff
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Would like to see the % of Spyder riders that also own 2 wheelers, or have owned 2 wheelers in the past. Also why did you choose the Spyder? Did you chose a Spyder over a Trike?
I have 7 two wheelers in my garage. I chose the Spyder for the technology and safety and the thrill it provides. The wife loved it as well. Now it's our main ride.
I chose the Spyder over a Trike (I tried one out before buying) due to the safety of the wheels being in the front. The Spyder is designed as a 3 wheeler, not a kit or add on.
In the automotive world it is well known that two wheels in front are much more stable than a typical trike confriguration (nothing against trikes,everything has pros and cons including Spyders).

Alberts46
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Just got my Spyder RTS, have two two wheelers in the garage, one for sale.

dryheat
02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Still have a BMW 1150GS, no plan to sell it, like it too much. I prefer the Spyder for most of my in town riding (safety, visability and water cooling), like the Beemer for the twistys and long runs/higher speed, and occaisional dirt roads.

zrc
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Used to own a Honda Shadow and a Honda Rebel. One for out cruising the other for riding to and from work and getting amazing mileage.

I sold them due to former influences on my life at the time (exwife), and I have wanted a spyder since the first time I laid eyes on one in 2008. Again that was nixxed so when that situation changed last year I saved for 8 months, started looking and 2 months later pulled the trigger. I like the spyder because its different, which complements me. I like it because it is innovative, its eye catching, and to me its just amazingly fun. When I used to ride around in the mud and dirt I prefered a 4 wheeler (artic cat arntufun!) to the honda bikes I could have had cheaper. In my opinion that feeling is now able to carry over to the road. The Spyder is like nothing I have ever ridden, and now I am working on getting modded my way, then it is all weather gear time and I will keep the stang at rest in the garage.

By the way, I am in no means a professional, a "motorcycle" guy, or an avid lover of anything. I went with cruisers because my love of speed kept me AWAY from crotch rockets because I KNEW it would end poorly. The spyder RS is my perfect blend of the two.

Also I have ridden an RT now, and they are nice but take away some of my "fun" feel with their nifty features, I did REALLY like the radio though :)

Bob Denman
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
This is an ongoing debate in our home... The Missus keeps saying that I'm done with bikes, and I keep telling her that I'm just "between rides"! If she doesn't kill me I'll let you know how it all plays out! :roflblack:

thehawk
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Still have 2 in the garage. But I really like my Spyder. Two differing experiences:).

thehawk

ARtraveler
02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
I have a 2009 Vulcan 900 LT. I ride it most everyday (in season) as my commute bike (40 miles round trip). I usually use the RTS for longer rides--but may use both bikes this year for that.

GnA
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I still have my GL1800 Wing and my VTX1800 Cruiser... hope to never have to give them up!!! I love slicing through the curves effortlessly, on both.

Love ryding the Spyder too... different ryde, different fun! It makes me feel lyke I can Snowmobile on the road. It's lyke a fun workout when muscling through the curves!
I think of a trike as a motorcycle with training wheels, while the Spyder is a whole different animal with a spirit of its own! :yes:
Plus, there is nothing that compares to seeing a large group of Spyders scambling down the highway!!!

NancysToy
02-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I still have more two-wheelers than most. I'll never give up two wheels until I am no longer physically able...but most of my touring from here on out will be on the Spyder. I have to admit to riding the Spyder more than anything else in the garage these days. My BMW R1100RT has served me well as a tourer, but I like my Spyder RTS better. The Big Beemer will probably be sold this year, and will be replaced with a lighter adventure bike like the Triumph Tiger 800 or the BMW F800GS. I chose the Spyder for comfort and stability. I ride it because it is the least mentally fatiguing of anything I have ever owned. It eats up the miles while all I worry about is traffic and my route. Nancy's Spyder hooked me, and I am happy it did. I have owned and ridden trikes, but I prefer the Spyder's greater stability. I also like the footpegs...footboards and I don't get along well.

Gordy
02-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I still have a 1500 vulcan and a v65 honda magna both for sale cant afford to register them all or I would ride them all

Rayelljay
02-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I also like the footpegs...footboards and I don't get along well.

Mee too.......I ryde my RS kinda "on tiptoe."

gypsy_100
02-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I’ve got two-wheelers in the garage. Love ‘em and love the RT. Two different experiences. I gave up when everyone kept asking what the compromises are, isn’t the Spyder great but…, don’t you miss…? The simple truth is, the Spyder is a blast. And it’s different. Not less. Different. I gained a new hobby. They are not the same and critics should stop complaining that one or the other lacks this or that. They are both great. Some days I ride two wheels and some days I ride three wheels. What’s not to like?

Believe me, I have full respect for all the riders out there who for whatever reason feel they can no longer ride two wheels. But we need to have Spyders evaluated and recognized for what they are – great machines for everyone. Even the dealers sometimes unknowingly get in the rut of promoting Spyders as a second-class alternative to two-wheelers. We bought ours from a dealer who’s been selling Spyders since day one, and sells a ton of them. But even the very helpful salesman kept drifting into stories about one they sold to someone with this problem, or that problem, or whatever. For a young, healthy adult, those kinds of stories are enough to make you head for the door. What sold me on the Spyder (as far as the dealer’s concerned) – the 35-year old parts manager that we’ve known for years. He’s an aggressive dirt-bike rider and good road rider. He bought an RS and loves it. I kept thinking, if he likes this thing, there must be something to it. I've got to try it and find out for myself. That’s how you sell Spyders to the general population and to the two-wheeled riders. I relayed this story to BRP in their after-sales questionnaire. I can only hope somebody actually read it.​

tompen
02-01-2012, 06:14 PM
2011 HD Softail Classic.

NancysToy
02-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I’ve got two-wheelers in the garage. Love ‘em and love the RT. Two different experiences. I gave up when everyone kept asking what the compromises are, isn’t the Spyder great but…, don’t you miss…? The simple truth is, the Spyder is a blast. And it’s different. Not less. Different. I gained a new hobby. They are not the same and critics should stop complaining that one or the other lacks this or that. They are both great. Some days I ride two wheels and some days I ride three wheels. What’s not to like?

Believe me, I have full respect for all the riders out there who for whatever reason feel they can no longer ride two wheels. But we need to have Spyders evaluated and recognized for what they are – great machines for everyone. Even the dealers sometimes unknowingly get in the rut of promoting Spyders as a second-class alternative to two-wheelers. We bought ours from a dealer who’s been selling Spyders since day one, and sells a ton of them. But even the very helpful salesman kept drifting into stories about one they sold to someone with this problem, or that problem, or whatever. For a young, healthy adult, those kinds of stories are enough to make you head for the door. What sold me on the Spyder (as far as the dealer’s concerned) – the 35-year old parts manager that we’ve known for years. He’s an aggressive dirt-bike rider and good road rider. He bought an RS and loves it. I kept thinking, if he likes this thing, there must be something to it. I've got to try it and find out for myself. That’s how you sell Spyders to the general population and to the two-wheeled riders. I relayed this story to BRP in their after-sales questionnaire. I can only hope somebody actually read it.​
Well said!

kevorama
02-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I've been on 2 wheelers all my life. First in the dirt, then the go fast turn left crowd of super bikes (that didn't end well at all). I was lucky to have survived that accident. I stayed off of bikes for 20 years. Then, the movie Wild Hogs came out and I remembered the fun times and kinda forgot the real bad one. My next purchase was a Honda VTX 1300, but I didn't enjoy the laid back stance or the floorboards. I traded the VTX in for our 2011 RTS. My Honda only had 1180 miles on it when I traded it in... 4 years after I bought it! In comparison, our Spyder had 3,200 mi within the first three months! I think that I would by a sport model Spyder as a second bike and keep this one for our long rides.

BajaRon
02-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Suzuki M109R. I didn't get the Spyder because I could not or didn't want to ride 2 wheels anymore. Matter of fact, I liked my M109R so much I thought the Spyder would be my #2 ride after the thrill wore off.

Well, I suppose I was right. The thing is, it's been 3 years now and the thrill is bigger than ever! I haven't ridden my M109R in over a year!

So, as soon as I get tired of the Spyder, I'll be back on the M109R.... Just have no idea when that might happen! :ohyea:

SpyderGirl
02-01-2012, 06:31 PM
After an accident where I went off the road, through a barbed wire fence, and down into a ravine on my Ninja 250, I decided that I am much happier on my Spyder. Since then the only other two wheelers I have had were dirt bikes. Now all I have are Spyders (a GS and a RT-S). I got tired of being blown all over the road on my two-wheeler and not being able to relax and enjoy the ride because I was constantly fighting the wind. It was just too much like work riding my two-wheeler, the Spyder definitely works best for me. Like I said before, anything that puts the wind in my face and my knees in the breeze. :)

dmdahnert
02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I've ridden 2 wheelers my entire life, basically Yamahas, starting with the 200 and climbing through the ranks to an 850. My last bike was a V Star 650 Classic but after 2 knee replacements and a bum hip, I started getting real nervous about the falling over thing. I have some of the older style artificial knees and the reaction time is not the same as the original for sure. When it takes longer to get the foot down, it can cause troubles.

After I saw the sportster model come out, I simply bided my time (I'm a touring bike kinda' person), because I knew they'd come out with the RT. I've ridden more in the last year on the RT then I rode in the last decade on my 2 wheeler and love every minute of it.

Diana

TuckMiddle
02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
I still have 3 bikes that don't have 3 wheels, but the RoadGlide is for sale. Breaks my heart to think I've got it up for sale, but with 8 vertebrae welded together and arthritis here and there, mainly the right hip, I felt I should do the trike thing. A friend mentioned that if he ever had to go to a trike, the Spyder is the way he'd go. I took his advice and looked at an RT and bought it that day. I think the RT is a marvelous bike, but will still be riding my Hondas - a '86 Helix 250 and a '83 Magna 750, which is the most fun I've ever had with my pants on. Well maybe not quite, but it's a marvelous bike and the Helix still gets 65 or so miles and smiles per gallon and there have been 50 years worth of flying in between too. So, nothing to complain about. Probably done 80 or a hundred airshows flying Hueys and the Bell 47/ OH-13, plus 43 years in the military flying Sikorskys and Bells. Got my wings in Pensacola 50 years ago yesterday. Wonder where the time went??

God bless America, and if you think that's too political, move to some other country and give it a try.
:thumbup:
TuckMiddle

boborgera
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=TuckMiddle;412860
God bless America, and if you think that's too political, move to some other country and give it a try.
TuckMiddle[/QUOTE]

:thumbup::thumbup::firstplace::firstplace::thumbup ::thumbup:

dancogan
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Decided on a Spyder after my second surgery for a hernia. It became difficult to hold up a full sized bike with my wife on the back (and she's tiny). As a matter of fact, the salesman called literally as I was being wheeled into the operating room for repair, to make sure I was committed to the bike he was about to buy from another dealer. My wife handed me the phone and I told him we would buy it, and moments later they wheeled me into surgery with a smile on my face.

Also have a BMW 1200GS. I really enjoy the low level of traffic on dirt roads and the rural scenery. My wife loves that, too, so we still ride two-up on dirt roads. As a matter of fact, the BMW is the bike we'll have with us in Colorado as we had already planned an extended vacation there before they announced the owners' event, including lots of dirt roads. Sure wish the Spyder was suitable for dirt roads!

Eraser
02-01-2012, 08:19 PM
We have 2 Spyders and 2 GSX rockets in the garage and I'm looking for another..."ain't" life grand!

soaring hawk
02-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I STILL HAVE TWO WHEELERS SUZUKI V-STROM 1K, KAWASAKI VERSYS, AND OTHER OLD DIRT BIKES. MY WIFE RECIEVED HER MOTORCYCLE ENDORSEMENT A FEW YEARS BACK AND BOUGHT A SUZUKI 08

C50 IT STILL ONLY HAS 1300 MILES (FOR SALE). I THINK SHE RATHER BE RIDING TWO UP SO SHE CAN LOOK AROUND OR GOT SPOOKED. SO WENT TO THE DEALERSHIP AND SAT ON THE RT AND WERE COUGHT IN THE WEB, DECIDED TO SELL THE

GOLDWING AND HERS. AND GET THE SPYDER RT-S SE5 WE BOTH LOVE IT. THE RIDE IS MORE RELAXING. THE ONLY CON FOR ME IS WHEN SHE DRIVES AND I'M ON THE BACK SEAT SHE THREATENS TO GET ME A PINK T-SHIRT WITHI'M HER BIKER BITCH:yikes: ON THE FRONT, IT'S STRANGE BEING ON BACK. THE ADVENTURE BIKES ARE FOR THE OFF THE BEATEN PATH IT'S AMAZING

WHAT YOU SEE WHERE YOU WON'T RIDE YOUR STREET BIKES. THE THOUGHT I WAS MISSING SOMETHING AND I WAS.
WITH ALL THE BIKES, WE HAVE THE BEST OF ALL WORLDS. SO FOR US NOT HEALTH RELATED BUT SAFE STABLE RIDING. :cheers:

bikeguy
02-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I have a 1975 BMW R90/6 that's still fun to ride and a couple of dirt bikes I still ride. I sold my BMW R1100RT a while back because we just weren't riding it any more. Every time we rode, it was on the Spyder RT. I can still ride two wheels but I seriously doubt that my wife and I will ever take another 2-up trip on two wheels. The RT is more comfortable on the road and much more stable when stopping in gravel parking lots full of loose rocks and holes. My R1100RT was a handful at low speeds or when stopping 2-up. I rode a friend's conventional trike and didn't feel comfortable on it. Granted, one ride wasn't much of a test, but I rode a Spyder GS and immediately felt comfortable. When the RT's came out, I ordered one. My wife and I are both very happy with the Spyder.

Cotton

StanProff
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Suzuki M109R. I didn't get the Spyder because I could not or didn't want to ride 2 wheels anymore. Matter of fact, I liked my M109R so much I thought the Spyder would be my #2 ride after the thrill wore off.

Well, I suppose I was right. The thing is, it's been 3 years now and the thrill is bigger than ever! I haven't ridden my M109R in over a year!

So, as soon as I get tired of the Spyder, I'll be back on the M109R.... Just have no idea when that might happen! :ohyea:

I had a 1500 Vulcan, (one of my boys now has it) I also have an 09 Triumph America, beautiful bike and I love it, A couple of older hondas, and a Honda magna that is awesome. Problem is they never get out of the garage since the Spyder came to visit. I know exactly what your saying. I bet this applies to a lot of people.

StanProff
02-01-2012, 10:34 PM
I STILL HAVE TWO WHEELERS SUZUKI V-STROM 1K, KAWASAKI VERSYS, AND OTHER OLD DIRT BIKES. MY WIFE RECIEVED HER MOTORCYCLE ENDORSEMENT A FEW YEARS BACK AND BOUGHT A SUZUKI 08

C50 IT STILL ONLY HAS 1300 MILES (FOR SALE). I THINK SHE RATHER BE RIDING TWO UP SO SHE CAN LOOK AROUND OR GOT SPOOKED. SO WENT TO THE DEALERSHIP AND SAT ON THE RT AND WERE COUGHT IN THE WEB, DECIDED TO SELL THE

GOLDWING AND HERS. AND GET THE SPYDER RT-S SE5 WE BOTH LOVE IT. THE RIDE IS MORE RELAXING. THE ONLY CON FOR ME IS WHEN SHE DRIVES AND I'M ON THE BACK SEAT SHE THREATENS TO GET ME A PINK T-SHIRT WITHI'M HER BIKER BITCH:yikes: ON THE FRONT, IT'S STRANGE BEING ON BACK. THE ADVENTURE BIKES ARE FOR THE OFF THE BEATEN PATH IT'S AMAZING

WHAT YOU SEE WHERE YOU WON'T RIDE YOUR STREET BIKES. THE THOUGHT I WAS MISSING SOMETHING AND I WAS.
WITH ALL THE BIKES, WE HAVE THE BEST OF ALL WORLDS. SO FOR US NOT HEALTH RELATED BUT SAFE STABLE RIDING. :cheers:

StanProff
02-01-2012, 10:36 PM
2011 HD Softail Classic.

Beautiful Bike!:thumbup:

dave01
02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Still have the Hayabusa and ride it quite a bit, but mostly shorter distances. Cant see me as a Spyder only person for a long time to come. Maybe another 3 wheeler since I have been looking a lot at the Goldwing kits and more.

Schnauzer
02-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I still have my ride. 97 1100ace bobbed, 99 eg bagged, And Spydette has her RTSpyder, I really like the idea of being able to roll up to a light sit back relax, and not worry about some gust of wind catching me sleeping. But as long as my knees hold out, I'll be the 2 wheeler in the family. Don't get me wrong, there ain't nuffin wrong with the spyder except the electrical mahem it has. I will admit I would love to find an RS to stripdown barebone and create my own. What is it about folks who can't leave well enough alone.:gaah:. If I ever figure it out, I will share!!

Mr. White
02-02-2012, 12:41 AM
I sold my '07 Suzuki Bandit 1250 and my '03 Burgman 650 as I kept getting on my Gold Wing or Spyder. I was not riding my two wheelers much and love both of my trikes. I seem to get on the Spyder more and more and the Wing does not like it...ha ha

:spyder2:

bonehead
02-02-2012, 06:23 AM
TRaded in a 2007 HD Ultra Glide for my RS spyder, and still have a 2007 HD Street Glide and 07 Buell Firebolt:thumbup:

PHATZ
02-02-2012, 07:26 AM
I just purchase a 2011 spyder cant wait to ride it, but i have a 06 gxrs dont ride it much i am looking for a different type of ride and from what i hear and read it is going to be great!!!.:yes:

dannymax
02-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Got a little over 50 years on 2-wheelers, from choppers "back in the day' and ending with a V Max, a nitrous V Max and an FJR1300. Sold the Max's & FJR and still have an '85 XJ700X which I bought new and ride when the mood strikes, and my '09 SM5. Bad knees led me to the Spyder but I don't see it as a 'compromise vehicle'....it just happens to be the bike I now drive.

tompen
02-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I sold my '07 Suzuki Bandit 1250 and my '03 Burgman 650 as I kept getting on my Gold Wing or Spyder. I was not riding my two wheelers much and love both of my trikes. I seem to get on the Spyder more and more and the Wing does not like it...ha ha

:spyder2:

I bought a 2007 1250 Bandit new in Feburary without riding it. Fitted it out with bags and tour pack and was ready to go. THAT BIKE SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME !!
Sure was fun for a while. Got rid of it before it could kill me.
Bought the Harley and the Spyder on the same day. Love them both. 6th new harley since 2003. Mostly touring bikes. I'm just not comfortable on the heavy bikes now. Having the Spyder has gotten my wife riding with me again.

tompen
02-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Beautiful Bike!:thumbup:

Thanks stan.
Has the real classic Harley look with 2011 technology.

Cavman
02-02-2012, 10:01 AM
I have a dead 1982 Yamaha XS650SJ Heritage Special back in the garage that I need to sell. Bad generator. This was the last year of the vertical twins.

I got the 2010 Spyder RT because I won't have to hold it up when I stop and because of all of the safety features. Since I've owned it for a couple of weeks, I'm still learning the differences in driving it around.
I have added the TricLED trunk tail lights, amber front fender lights. I will be adding the Vader fog lights and the amber upper 'A' arm turn signal lights. I may wire the LED bolt lights for the tag to the tag light circuit. Www.superbrightLEDs.com

MMcc
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Sold of the last of the 2 wheelers last summer. Started three wheels with a 2008 RS/GS now have a 2011 RT-S. Most bikes in the garage at one time was 5. After the :spyder2: they did not get ridden much. So was easy to let them go. Sometimes when I see a line of bikes on the road I kind of wish I had held on to one but then riding in rain or other bad conditions I renew my :ani29: vows. Happy to be on three.

Questions
02-02-2012, 12:11 PM
XL-1200R HD 3,000 mi

GS Spyder 16,000 mi

Last years miles ridden. Still waiting for release of 1500cc RT with bigger gas tank.

Pandy
02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Sold the Majesty and the GoldWing last March when the Spyder came along. Wife gets such a charge out of her Morphous, we would never give that up.
However, there will be an additional Spyder, whether an RSS or RTS Limited depends on my employment future.

WOOT, Patrick

StanProff
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Sold the Majesty and the GoldWing last March when the Spyder came along. Wife gets such a charge out of her Morphous, we would never give that up.
However, there will be an additional Spyder, whether an RSS or RTS Limited depends on my employment future.

WOOT, Patrick

With you on the employment issue!

Bernie
02-03-2012, 12:34 PM
I will be riding my 2004 white GL1800 Goldwing on a ride tomorrow because my 2010 RTs has a brake failure light. Going to take it to dealer next week.
:yikes:
Bernie

F Troop

pwilbarger
02-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I sold my '02 Gold Wing to buy the RTS but still have HD Heritage Classic Softail which is for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NancysToy
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
I will be riding my 2004 white GL1800 Goldwing on a ride tomorrow because my 2010 RTs has a brake failure light. Going to take it to dealer next week.
:yikes:
Bernie

F Troop

Check the fluid level in your brake reservoir. Even a little low can cause a warning. They often look full but just a tiny bit of fluid will clear the alarm.

StanProff
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I just purchase a 2011 spyder cant wait to ride it, but i have a 06 gxrs dont ride it much i am looking for a different type of ride and from what i hear and read it is going to be great!!!.:yes:

Your are in for an exciting year. You will find that this forum is excellant to answer any question you may have about your Spyder. Hop on with an open mind and remember, it is not a motorcycle and practice where the brake pedel is. ;)

Chazzman
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM
40 years of two wheeled riding... Started motocross, dirt biking and street riding at 18, been pushing the limits ever since, from 200MPH on a ZX14, to dragging the boards off a Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Barber Motor Sports track on a BMW, Total Control Classes, riding deals gap since 1987, recently a Goldwing with Race Tech suspension tearing up the twisties, XR1200 and a V-Strom and then a bell went off. I have cheated the odds for 40 years, my wife worries about me riding solo on backroads with no cell reception. I decided to get off two wheels and promised my wife that I was done, had too many really close calls.

I told my wife it's a Trike (which I will not own), a Spyder or give up riding. She said that you're not ready to give it up, so we are HAPPY SPYDER OWNERS!

jnt
02-03-2012, 09:32 PM
I have a the best situation - I have my BMW LT (love it); she has the Spyder (loves it). I get to do a lot of the farkelizing on the Spyder, and I also get to ryde it - a lot.

Wheeler~
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Sold my Suzuki C90 to buy my RT.

StanProff
02-06-2012, 09:28 AM
I still have a 1500 vulcan and a v65 honda magna both for sale cant afford to register them all or I would ride them all

I loved my vulcan but now my son has it, I also have a magna, awesome performace bike for a cusier. It is a keeper, Wouldn't a V4 be something in the Spyder!:yikes:

prmurat
02-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I still have 18 bikes+ a sidecar in the garage ... Mostly vintage bikes, I replaced a big HD by my RT to still be able to go touring with my wife : following a nasty accident I lost more than 70% of my right arm use and cannot handle big bike 2 up...
still have: Egli Vincent, X75 Triumph, Commando 850, Enfield I2, Kawa H2 & S2, Jawa Calif, Honda CB450 & SL350, Yamaha XT 500, 250, 225, Vmax 94 & o9 (4 sale), Norton 400ES, Laberda 750SF2, Yankee 500, Softail HD, Ural Gear Up, back in Paris still a Vespa PX, TDM 850 Honda PS50... Time to seek professional help??

Cliff-Co.
02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Would like to see the % of Spyder riders that also own 2 wheelers, or have owned 2 wheelers in the past and are not afraid of falling over on a 2 wheeler (AS the critics are saying). Also why did you choose the Spyder? Did you chose a Spyder over a Trike?
I have 5 two wheelers in my garage. I chose the Spyder for the technology and safety and the thrill it provides. The wife loved it as well. Now it's our main ride.
I chose the Spyder over a Trike (I tried one out before buying) due to the safety of the wheels being in the front. The Spyder is designed as a 3 wheeler, not a kit or add on.
In the automotive world it is well known that two wheels in front are much more stable than a typical trike confriguration (nothing against trikes,everything has pros and cons including Spyders). I still own 2-harley 2-wheelers, for kids, & grandkids, mostly too ride, since I'm in my mid. 70's , artifical hip, & fussed back, thank's too ole father time, I ride mostly the Spyder

NancysToy
02-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I still have 18 bikes+ a sidecar in the garage ... Mostly vintage bikes, I replaced a big HD by my RT to still be able to go touring with my wife : following a nasty accident I lost more than 70% of my right arm use and cannot handle big bike 2 up...
still have: Egli Vincent, X75 Triumph, Commando 850, Enfield I2, Kawa H2 & S2, Jawa Calif, Honda CB450 & SL350, Yamaha XT 500, 250, 225, Vmax 94 & o9 (4 sale), Norton 400ES, Laberda 750SF2, Yankee 500, Softail HD, Ural Gear Up, back in Paris still a Vespa PX, TDM 850 Honda PS50... Time to seek professional help??
Not to my way of thinking, with two Spyders and 24 other bikes...LOL! :thumbup:

StanProff
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Not to my way of thinking, with two Spyders and 24 other bikes...LOL! :thumbup:

40486 I can't imagine 24 ! I can't keep the batteries up on these! :)

NancysToy
02-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I can't imagine 24 ! I can't keep the batteries up on these! :)
I cheat! Most of the vintage bike batteries sit on a shelf, where they are easier to keep charged. I don't install one until I decide to dust off that particular toy.

GA-SPYDER
02-06-2012, 11:02 PM
My oldest son was riding the M109R and I would ride it every once in a while.
I got to the point that I wasn't comfortable riding more than an hour on it (back, hips, knees, old, ect.).Well, the son bought his first bike, a Honda CBR 1000. So....the 109 found a new home. I have had a two wheeler, of some sort, since 1972, with a 1957 Harley SERVI-CAR thrown in there somewhere. Honda 350s, 750's, 1984 SuperGlide (last Shovel Head) Yamaha 850 Triple, V-65Magna, Yamaha V-MAX, 750 Nighthawk, 1100 V-Star, and that BRP "THING", GS,RS, GRSS, SSGR, I don't know what to call it anymore, but, I LOVE IT! :thumbup:

SporterSpider
02-06-2012, 11:26 PM
I still have my Sportster but, I don't put the miles on it like I used to since I have my Spyder. I might sell it this spring and use the money for mods on the Spyder.

StanProff
02-07-2012, 10:00 PM
I cheat! Most of the vintage bike batteries sit on a shelf, where they are easier to keep charged. I don't install one until I decide to dust off that particular toy.

That's the way to do it. I do have a 4 circuit Battery tender that I keep on 4 of them. I rotate to the others when i think about it. The newer bikes, 09 Triumph and Honda Magna get started on a regular basis.
To be honest about it though The spyder gets most of the attention. I love riding that thing! It is always a thrill.

Questions
02-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I still have my two two bikes one is a 09 victory jackpot, and the other is a 09 victory hammer. still ride them to

Raptor
02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Yup, a Suzuki GSX1250FA. I absolutely LOVE this thing. I ride both it and Phantom 14 but the Spyder is sittin more and more. A friend at work has an 05 'Busa I have my eye on, too. He doesn't ride it any more; I'm pretty sure he's scared of the thing. Thinking about it though because I still want a Motus MST, so I'm trying to see what is going to happen there...

Raptor
02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
I still have my two two bikes one is a 09 victory jackpot, and the other is a 09 victory hammer. still ride them to

Nice bikes, man. I like the hammer myself. Awsome machine, dude!

GnA
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
07 Wing and 02 VTX 1800 in the garage... love to ride the canyons and passes of Colorado on 2 and 3 wheels! :yes:

SpyderMonkei
02-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Still have a 2009 Victory Vision Tour at home. Great bike.

draboo
02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I tried, but I just could not be without a two-wheeler!----------'83 1100 Spectre

Raptor
02-21-2012, 04:04 PM
I tried, but I just could not be without a two-wheeler!----------'83 1100 Spectre

I like having both. They each provide a completely different riding experience, which I think is cool.

Draboo, if that little guy in your avatar were any cuter, I'd...I'd... I don't know what I'd do! :roflblack: That is one cute little guy!

SilverSurfer
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Would like to see the % of Spyder riders that also own 2 wheelers, or have owned 2 wheelers in the past. Also why did you choose the Spyder? Did you chose a Spyder over a Trike?
I have 7 two wheelers in my garage. I chose the Spyder for the technology and safety and the thrill it provides. The wife loved it as well. Now it's our main ride.
In the automotive world it is well known that two wheels in front are much more stable than a typical trike confriguration (nothing against trikes,everything has pros and cons including Spyders).

I still own my wonderful little Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive and plan on riding it as an off n' on commuter (it's 48 mpg just edges out the Spyder's 34 mpg). Haven't ridden it in a while. I'm curious as to 'muscle and equilibrium' confusion when switching back and forth between two wheels and three. Anyone had this experience?

~ Surfer

Oh ... gee ... Am I the only one braggin' on his maxi scoot? Oh... okay ... I see someone mentioning a Helix, a Majesty and ah ... another Burgman (whew) ... Ha ha Ho ho ahh heh eh umm eh-hem mm. :p

Raptor
02-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I still own my wonderful little Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive and plan on riding it as an off n' on commuter (it's 48 mpg just edges out the Spyder's 34 mpg). Haven't ridden it in a while. I'm curious as to 'muscle and equilibrium' confusion when switching back and forth between two wheels and three. Anyone had this experience?

~ Surfer

Those little Burgmans are nice machines. And actually they are not so little! As to switching back and forth, I was having a little confusion at first but then I just figured out that if I do a quick pre-flight I immediately figure out which machine I'm on and from there it's all good. Haven't had a problem since. At least that is what worked for me. Plus your machine gets a pre-flight every time out, which isn't a bad thing either!

GeminiJane
02-21-2012, 10:56 PM
We still have 8 bikes in the garage but the Triumph Tiger, Ducati Multistrada and Ducati Hypermotard are too tall/heavy for me to ride, especially since I broke my leg last year. I still ride a Triumph Street Triple, a BMW F800ST, a Ducati ST3 (although it's tall and heavy for me and I can only touch one toe on one side at a time) and my current favorite, a Ducati Diavel. I rotate between the two wheelers mostly because my husband rides only 2 wheelers and chooses fast, twisty roads to ride so I end up choosing bikes that I can ride that way, too. The Spyder tries to keep up, but honestly, every now and then I have flash-backs to the posts about the Spyder loss of control issues and get a bit spooked about riding hard into curves on it so find myself holding back a bit on it. I'm just more comfortable on the two wheelers for technical riding. I do love the Spyder on a leisurely ride or when I need to run errands and need the trunk.
I don't find I have a problem with switching from 2 to 3 wheels. When I was riding the Spyder more often, my husband worried I'd forget to put my feet down on the two wheelers - so he'd always remind me about that. Mostly I just find myself reaching for the hand brake on the Spyder but since I always use both hand/foot brakes on my 2 wheelers, have no problem on the Spyder with braking. My husband doesn't use his foot brakes as much on the 2 wheelers, so he has a problem the few times he gets on the Spyder with braking.

SpyderDog65
02-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Wow u got a multistrada those are some wicked badass bikes I was just watching a program on em the other day. Very impressive bikes :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

SpyderDog65
02-22-2012, 03:35 AM
If you keep your front tires air pressure up u should never have issues with your DPS I've experiences probs with mine when my tire pressure drops too low :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Blondespyder
02-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Still have a Harley Dyna. Yamaha XS 1100 with A sidecar for the "little man" and what I learned to ride on, a Honda Hawk. Don't ride them near as much but not going to sell them anytime soon. Sold the Suzuki intruder and I miss it like crazy! Have lots of dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. We are a family that loves to be outside :)
I bought my RS because I wanted something that wouldn't be such work to ride. The winds are crazy here all year round and I spent so much time fighting them that I didn't seem to be enjoying the rides much. Now I kick back and watch the world go by through my windshield.

Mexican
02-22-2012, 08:47 AM
40486 I can't imagine 24 ! I can't keep the batteries up on these! :)
Is that a honda cx550 turbo in the middle of the row?