PDA

View Full Version : Alternate contact info for Black Widow Accessories?

daveinva
01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Problem solved-- please scroll down!

----------

Does anyone have an alternative means to contact the people at Black Widow?

They don't read their email. They don't answer phone calls. They don't return voice mails.

On 1 October, I ordered an ISCI parking brake extension from them (went with them because I could click-order online versus call ISCI on the phone).

Never got anything.

Called in November: "We're just getting them made, we'll have them out next week." Would have been nice to hear about that WITHOUT having to call, but fine.

Nothing showed up at the house.

Called and emailed in December. Heard nothing.

Called and emailed in January. Have heard nothing.

I know that the rule is not to bash our family of Spyder vendors without giving them a chance to make things right.

Which is exactly what I did. Repeatedly, for months. To no avail.

All I want is my freakin' order, or at least a chance to *cancel* and order from ISCI direct. :mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, hopefully someone here as a better email address or phone number than what they offer on the site...

Littlebadwolf
01-30-2012, 12:15 PM
I ordered an item from them and they deposited my payment immediately but it took 7 phone calls and 6 emails to finally get what I ordered...They don't respond to phone calls or email but sure take your money...I won't order from them but that's just my experience...I'm not bad mouthing them, just don't appreciate the way they do business.

ARtraveler
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
It is probably time for Black Widow to speak up. Taking someone's money, not providing the product, and then not returning calls is a sure sign of a poorly run business.

I looked at the vendors on the vendor page, and could not find Black Widow--was not sure if the one with the spider web was them or not.

Lamonster cleared that up, so I my comment about booting them off the forum was out of line.

I still think they should come on line and let potential customers know what the problem is though.
:popcorn:

pierrelogic
01-30-2012, 12:39 PM
This info is easy to find on the website.

Please sign in to check your account <
Check Order Status (http://blackwidowaccessories.com/orderstatus.php)
>

Email messages are addressed in the order they are received -- due to varying volume, messages may take up to 2 business day to be addressed.

Black Widow Accessories Can Am Spyder Accessories.To contact us it is best to send a email to sales@blackwidowaccessories.com

When calling please just leave a message, if you get our voice mail. If you keep calling using your speed dialer there is a great chance our phone system will lock you out thinking you are a telemarketer.

Or call 937-599-4441 If you are wanting to know the status of your order log on to.<Check Order Status (http://blackwidowaccessories.com/orderstatus.php)>Customer Service.

We have a large inventory, but we must rely on our suppliers and manufacturers to provide us with a steady flow of merchandise. If we do not have the items in stock we will maintain your order in a backorder status until we receive the merchandise and ship it to you.Phone numbers that are listed as private or blocked will have a hard time getting through to our message center.If you did not get a auto reply to the emails sent. We did not get your email. Please call or try again.

Lamonster
01-30-2012, 12:43 PM
FYI they are not a SpyderLovers supporting vendor.

ISCI has been for years. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/iscilargerad.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/adpeeps.php?bf=go&uid=100000&cid=207075&aid=16&bzone=frontpagesl&btype=3)

daveinva
01-30-2012, 12:56 PM
This info is easy to find on the website.

Annnnnd, this sentence was easy to find in my post:

"Anyway, hopefully someone here as a better email address or phone number than what they offer on the site..."

;)

(The problem again is that they don't respond to that phone number or email address)

daveinva
01-30-2012, 12:57 PM
FYI they are not a SpyderLovers supporting vendor.

ISCI has been for years. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/iscilargerad.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/adpeeps.php?bf=go&uid=100000&cid=207075&aid=16&bzone=frontpagesl&btype=3)

Ahhh, my mistake Lamont.... good to know, I vote that they NOT be added to the list anytime soon :joke:

daveinva
01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Spyderlovers gets results!

Just got a call at my desk from Tim, the owner of Black Widow Accessories. Apparently, they moved to a different email system recently, and it seems that I'm not the first customer who's had problems getting emails from them (my gmail was definitely not spamming any incoming emails, but Tim swears they've sent them). While that still doesn't quite address why I had to leave multiple voicemails, whatever, I got the call back today :thumbup:

Anyway, the short version of a long story is that they haven't been happy with the powdercoating they're getting on the brake extensions (they were using a different vendor), so he recommended ordering from ISCI direct.

So... Black Widow is off my naughty list. :doorag:

arntufun
01-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Thank you for posting this, because that is one company I will never use.

TuckMiddle
01-30-2012, 06:07 PM
I decided the folks from ISCI would be my direct contact back in October. Called and talked to Darrell, he's the President by the way and listed on the web as the main contact. We discussed everything and a week later I rode down to Montgomery from Waleska, GA (not Poland, GA!) Got there and Darrell reviewed everything, modest discount for old guy with arthritis, etc and my lower back bolted together. No real waiting room, but a nice little spot with all the coffee you can drink and read my Nook until lunch, walked down the street and visited an auto parts store and about 2:30 I was on my way back home. Everyone was terrific, even the founder came out for a chat. He was visiting with a friend, when one of the host's friend rode up in a Spyder and asked if he could build a brake lever system. In no time, they did that and received requests for other kits and designed them all in house and manufacture most of the parts and make up the kits in Montgomery.
They really have a modern impressive manufacturing and design building. Primary product seems to be bomb proof containers for all kinds of Military avionics, etc. If you can take the time, go to Montgomery and have them install the brake system (no additional charge) and I also bought the double flag holder, extra tall, what a clever terrific setup it is, just like the brake lever kit.. I will be getting the cooling fan from them soon and whatever else I can afford. They are not cheap, but products are superb and worth the money in my book. Darrell took the time to walk me through the facility and while I'm not a machinest, it sure impressed me in every way. You will not be disappointed you had them install the kit(s).
Have a good one.
Tuck:yes::firstplace::bowdown: