PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Valley Spyder meet up, Feb 4th, 10am @ ProShop

Arr MiHardies
01-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Hello fellow Spyder lovers!
We are planning our first meeting of Las Vegas area Spyder riders. I've been intending on a meetup for a while, but I didn't want to try to plan any gatherings during the holidays, and after the holidays, I found it difficult to get my momentum going on this project again as I had lost a lot of steam.

Sorry for the shorter than preferred notice, but we are planning an initial meeting to occur 10am, this Saturday, February 4th at ProShop in Henderson, NV. Donuts will be provided by the great guys at ProShop. A short meeting and QA session will take place to discuss the possibility of forming a Vegas Valley chapter of Spyder Ryders of America. Followed by a ride to an as yet determined location. We can discuss our final destination during the meeting, but some suggestions include: (from shortest ride duration to longest)
Nelson's Landing/ElDorado canyon
Hoover Dam/Willow Beach
Temple Bar, AZ
Mt. Charleston Lodge
Overton via the Lake Mead Loop ( ~$10 entry fee required for this route)

We are certainly open to more suggestions for ride destinations.
Also please consider as whether or not you would be interested in holding a position on the board for the chapter. We want to keep this as politics free and relaxed as possible, but there does need to be some organization.

If you are planning on coming, please let me know! Thanks!

SpyderAnn01
01-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Count me in. I just hope that I have my Spyder back by then. Still waiting for them to replace the rear shock. We just bought our National Park Pass this weekend so we can enter Lake Mead and any other park for free! The $80 pass allows 2 people entry and you can be on separate motorcycles and use it at any National Park.

Arr MiHardies
01-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah. National park pass is nice. You can also get just the lake mead pass for about 10$. Good for a week. Or a year round lake mead pass for about 30 I think.

Arr MiHardies
01-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Confirmed attendees:
Justin Pulsipher
Tom and Robin Humphrey
Maureen Thornton
Edward
Luigi and Joyce Giusti
Tom Humphrey
Robin Humphrey
Fred Langenfeld + 1
SpyderAnn +1
Thomas Lock
Carl and Margaret Holley
William Cunningham
Tom O'Connor
Jeffrey Kitts +1
Roger Turley
Fred Marquardt

SpyderAnn01
01-30-2012, 09:40 PM
If you allow Hondas or HDs my husband Joe will be attending. Actually he will be there wether you like his ride or not!

Arr MiHardies
01-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Good. Cause we'll be there whether he likes our rides or not!

Arr MiHardies
02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
I was thinking...
Maybe, if we get this group started and going,we could host our own riding event here. Spyders in the Desert. I dont know that there's enough rides here to make it longer than a few days, but a ride from here down to lake havasu and across the London bridge. Hoover dam, red rock, valley of fire, death valley, the lake mead loop and a night time ride down the Las Vegas strip could make for a real neat time. There are some other nice shorter rides I've found here lately too, like down through eldorado canyon to Nelson's landing.

Arr MiHardies
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Oh! And we can't forget Area 51!

SpyderRyder
02-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks Justin for a great start to our not so little group here in Las Vegas. :bowdown: I was really impressed by the turn out of Spyders at our first get together. A big "THANK YOU" to everyone at Proshop in Henderson for giving us this place to gather and providing refreshments for all of us.
Our first ride was fairly short by design, but was a great time to meet some really great folks and just kibitz about what we love about our Spyders.
Hopefully, we will continue this and get to participate in some great rides together. :clap:

SpyderAnn01
02-04-2012, 11:39 PM
:2thumbs: thanks Justin. We had a great time and are looking forward to the next time.

Arr MiHardies
02-05-2012, 03:59 AM
Agreed. Great time. Terrific turn out.reviewing some of the footage of my rear facing camera, and I couldn't see the end of our line most of the time!

Here is probably the single riding shot with the most of our bikes in it. and thats only about half of the ones that went on the ride (about 4-5 others showed for the meeting, but didn't join us on the ride). Counting my bike there are about 8 spyders in this shot.

And this is a very short video that is just me walking by our lineup at our destination.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5725DspB9MA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Currently working on trimming and converting the other videos to feature the most interesting parts of the ride. Definitely a time sink waiting for these conversions.

SpyderRyder
02-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Here are a couple more photos.4034340344

Arr MiHardies
02-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm looking over my gopro footage right now... I think at times our line of bikes was between half and a full mile long given our spacing.

Arr MiHardies
02-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Footage from the ride to Nelson's Landing

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?36178-Las-Vegas-Spyder-Ryders-1st-ride&p=414224#post414224

I'll have a 3D video from the ride back up eventually.

SpyderAnn01
02-05-2012, 11:17 PM
:popcorn: