PDA

View Full Version : Hotel info for Durango trip

conroe spyders
01-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey Texas Riders-
Know there's alot going around so thought I would post everything on one post. Thanks to Twain looks like he's coordinated a route for us to take. Leaving Monday, June 18th staying night at Best Western Windsor Inn in Lubbock, Tx. $63.50nt (phone # 806-762-8400) booked online advance purchase. Also staying here coming home Saturday night, June 23rd. Tuesday night,June 19th booked Ramada Inn in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Online shows rooms booked call # 505-296-4852 say with Spyder group got king room for $59 nt. Then Wed-Friday night Durango, CO Super 8 booked onlike advance rate $85.85 nt. Hope this helps, think most of us have everything booked but just in case wanted to share. Hurry up June, we are ready to cruise!!!!! Laura & Craig :ohyea:

twain
01-29-2012, 07:02 PM
How was the ride today? I wish I could have gone but stuck here at the hospital. Cannot understand how people can get sick on pretty days like today. Lol. I thought about the ride from Abq to Durango and dcecided why not do it, how many chances are we going to get to ride with so many other Spyders. Should be a blast and cannot wait for June to get here.

thehawk
01-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Hey Texas Riders-
Know there's alot going around so thought I would post everything on one post. Thanks to Twain looks like he's coordinated a route for us to take. Leaving Monday, June 18th staying night at Best Western Windsor Inn in Lubbock, Tx. $63.50nt (phone # 806-762-8400 (tel:806-762-8400)) booked online advance purchase. Also staying here coming home Saturday night, June 23rd. Tuesday night,June 19th booked Ramada Inn in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Online shows rooms booked call # 505-296-4852 (tel:505-296-4852) say with Spyder group got king room for $59 nt. Then Wed-Friday night Durango, CO Super 8 booked onlike advance rate $85.85 nt. Hope this helps, think most of us have everything booked but just in case wanted to share. Hurry up June, we are ready to cruise!!!!! Laura & Craig :ohyea:

Small group of us leaving Round Rock on the 18th headed for the Windsor as well. Do you know your route yet?

thehawk

springcrawler
01-29-2012, 07:12 PM
How was the ride today? I wish I could have gone but stuck here at the hospital. Cannot understand how people can get sick on pretty days like today. Lol. I thought about the ride from Abq to Durango and dcecided why not do it, how many chances are we going to get to ride with so many other Spyders. Should be a blast and cannot wait for June to get here.

A great ride perfect weather,, as usual good food & great people = awesome time

twain
01-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey Hawk, I think we are taking 290 to Caldwell, 36 to Temple, 84 to Tuscola, I-20 to Roscoe then 84 up to Lubbock Tx. I think this is the route I looked at or pretty close. it is about 500 miles from Houston to Lubbock for us.

thehawk
01-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Hey Hawk, I think we are taking 290 to Caldwell, 36 to Temple, 84 to Tuscola, I-20 to Roscoe then 84 up to Lubbock Tx. I think this is the route I looked at or pretty close. it is about 500 miles from Houston to Lubbock for us.

My guess is that we'll do 183 to Goldthwaite and then be on the super slab with you for the rest of the way. Did that run in October and it was fine.

thehawk

twain
01-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Cool TheHawk, maybe we can set up a meet up time. Would be good to have you lead since you have made that trip before. I will pm you my number so that the closer it gets we can work out the details. Twain

glynnk
01-29-2012, 11:01 PM

Yeah, I agree. We need to stay in Abq. on the 19th. Gonna call for resevations also.

Glynn

glynnk
01-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I agree. We need to stay in Abq. on the 19th. Gonna call for resevations also.

Glynn
Okay, got resevations at the Best Western Inn Windsor in Lubbock (June 18th) and the Ramada Inn in Albuquerque (June 19th).

Glynn

NitroCircus Spyder
01-31-2012, 06:15 AM
:yes::2thumbs: So I cannot wait to meet all my fellow ryders from various parts of TX. I'm really looking forward to it and am so excited! I also look forward to meeting alot of new friends too! Girls on Spyders...Hope to see you too!

flamingobabe
01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
NitroCircus Spyder....looking forward to meeting you....I have my pink bandanas for Girls on Spyders so we all can recognize each other

harleyRick
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Terri and i are leaving on Sat. the 16th we"re going to arches national park 1st and we"ll see y"all in Durango.

conroe spyders
01-31-2012, 10:27 AM
I ordered pink Spider durags JUST FOR YOU :) and any other gals...LOL posted on Facebook

NitroCircus Spyder....looking forward to meeting you....I have my pink bandanas for Girls on Spyders so we all can recognize each other

flamingobabe
01-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Laura...I'll pick up a couple when I get the shirt....thanks

NitroCircus Spyder
01-31-2012, 06:13 PM

Back at you flamingobabe, I look forward to meeting you too. I will have a t-shirt that will have our logo on it. Smaller in the front and as large as possible for the back. Can't wait!:yes::)

glynnk
01-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Terri and i are leaving on Sat. the 16th we"re going to arches national park 1st and we"ll see y"all in Durango.
Rick--Man, that'll be nice. Went through there a number of years ago. In my opinion, Southern Utah is hard to beat with all the beautiful terrain and National Parks and Monuments. Hope to see both of you soon.

Glynn

Phil
01-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Quite likely we'll follow the same schedule. We may not stay at the same places, but likely will be close. Our son may be in Lubbock doing summer school so we may be staying near him and leaving on a slightly different schedule. We'll see. Same for ABQ with friends there. And on the way home, we're hoping to do a way different route to see relatives and grand kids in Colorado Springs.

=============================
Phil - Tyler TX
Sent from my iPad4 using Tapatalk

RAYYOU
01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
We're booked for Lubbock & Albq.

Ray

thehawk
01-31-2012, 10:22 PM
:yes::2thumbs: So I cannot wait to meet all my fellow ryders from various parts of TX. I'm really looking forward to it and am so excited! I also look forward to meeting alot of new friends too! Girls on Spyders...Hope to see you too!

Just FYI, there is a small group of us from the Austin area talking about leaving here and joining another group around Goldthwaite for the ride into Lubbock. Spend the night of the 18th at Best Western Windsor Inn. Getting up the 19th and riding into Albuquerque.

Details will be forthcoming as the time gets closer if you have any interest in going with us.

thehawk

Siennabob
02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
I just made my hotel reservations for the Durango trip! :yes: I was able to book the Best Western in Lubbock (6/18) and The Ramada in Albuquerque (6/19) for the trip up. However, the Super 8 in Durango was booked. So I decided to splurge an stay at the Double Tree instead (6/20 - 6/22). A little pricey but it looks like it is within walking distance to most everything. Coming back booked the Best Western in Lubbock for Saturday night (6/23).

Can't wait !!! :ohyea:

glynnk
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Well, unfortunately, I've had to cancel my motel reservations for the Durango ride. Something's come up that'll prevent me from going...hate it, but that's the way things sometime turn out. Cancelled rooms for Best Western Windsor/Lubbock, June 19th; Ramada Inn Albuququerque, June 20th and the Dureango Super 8 for June 20th-22nd. Just cancelled this evening.

I look forward to reading and hearing about the ride report.

Glynnk

twain
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't feel so bad then Glynn. I may have to cancel for Durango also since I just changed jobs. Trying to get the hospital to honor my Spyderfest request but doubt they will give me both considering that I just started.

NitroCircus Spyder
03-05-2012, 10:16 PM
I just made my hotel reservations for the Durango trip! :yes: I was able to book the Best Western in Lubbock (6/18) and The Ramada in Albuquerque (6/19) for the trip up. However, the Super 8 in Durango was booked. So I decided to splurge an stay at the Double Tree instead (6/20 - 6/22). A little pricey but it looks like it is within walking distance to most everything. Coming back booked the Best Western in Lubbock for Saturday night (6/23).

Can't wait !!! :ohyea:

Hi SiennaBob,
My husband and I will be at the Double Tree too! Look forward to meeting you.
;)

flamingobabe
03-06-2012, 08:38 AM
WOW...just read this post.....Glynn and Twain...y'all will be missed...I hate it when life gets in the way of riding and fun....we'll take lotz of pics.......

Siennabob
03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi SiennaBob,
My husband and I will be at the Double Tree too! Look forward to meeting you.
;)

Hi NitroCircus,

I too look forward to meeting you guys. However, I am now staying at The Super 8 in Durango. I checked their website earlier this week and they had a room available, so I booked it and cancelled my Double Tree reservation; much cheaper! You guys may want to check their website again as it seems to change day to day. In any event, we will definitely have to meet and share some ryding stories!

conroe spyders
03-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Glynn & Twain-
You guys have to go:pray:....this is our first big Spyder ride. Twain you got it all mapped out for us. Congrats I hope on changing jobs & hope something changes where you both can go. Will miss ya'll if you can't! Laura & Craig

scooterexpress
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
a bunch of us from the ft-worth area leaving on the 16th of june going amarillo overnight there then on to alburq 17th-19th be in durango on the 20th-22nd staying at the ramada inn limited there. trip home we go to raton overnight then amarillo overnight then home. any takers let me know and we will arrange a p/u point.

Spydette
03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Reservations made for the 18th at the Best Western Windsor in Lubbock. Will be staying with a friend in Albuquerque on the 19th then onto Durango. :yes:
Going to be a great trip. Do we have a head count of how many :spyder2:'s are going?

sarahmcg
05-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Hey Texas Riders-
Know there's alot going around so thought I would post everything on one post. Thanks to Twain looks like he's coordinated a route for us to take. Leaving Monday, June 18th staying night at Best Western Windsor Inn in Lubbock, Tx. $63.50nt (phone # 806-762-8400) booked online advance purchase. Also staying here coming home Saturday night, June 23rd. Tuesday night,June 19th booked Ramada Inn in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Online shows rooms booked call # 505-296-4852 say with Spyder group got king room for $59 nt. Then Wed-Friday night Durango, CO Super 8 booked onlike advance rate $85.85 nt. Hope this helps, think most of us have everything booked but just in case wanted to share. Hurry up June, we are ready to cruise!!!!! Laura & Craig :ohyea:

Wanted to find out your route to Lubbock as we would like to join on the way. We live in Aspermont Texas & would only be able to go as far as Lubbock & spend the night.

spyderdiva
05-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi NitroCircus,

I too look forward to meeting you guys. However, I am now staying at The Super 8 in Durango. I checked their website earlier this week and they had a room available, so I booked it and cancelled my Double Tree reservation; much cheaper! You guys may want to check their website again as it seems to change day to day. In any event, we will definitely have to meet and share some ryding stories!

Not sure if I can make this one yet. Have had a lot of traveling in the last month.