PDA

View Full Version : I won a Harley Owner's Group Award

SpyderAnn01
01-21-2012, 08:17 PM
:clap::clap: I won the Grand Rapids HOG award for Ladies Highest Mileage for 2011 - 18,064 miles. Not bad for 6 months riding season. I'm sure it pains them to give the award to a non Harley rider but that's their problem! But good news aside today I rode my Spyder for the first time since having it serviced and I thought all was well until I found a big pool of oil under it. So it was back to the shop for me.

SteveMac
01-21-2012, 08:26 PM
:congrats: :doorag::doorag::doorag:

edit; yeah, except for the oil prob. :(

warp10
01-21-2012, 08:32 PM
congrats :yes: and sorry to hear about the oil :banghead:

boborgera
01-21-2012, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=SpyderAnn01; I found a big pool of oil under it. QUOTE]

The curse of Willey D. :roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
01-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Now that is funny! I would have expected one of my hubby's HDs to put the first oil spot on the new garage floor but instead it was the Spyder.

SpyderAnn01
01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I just found out that fellow Spyderlover Boots took third place in the HOG mileage award at Grand Rapids Harley. In addition to attending Spyderfest she rode her Spyder to Las Vegas from Michigan and she rides it to work almost everyday. :congrats: Deb!

spydrluvr
01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
:clap::clap::clap:congrats to both of you:clap::clap::clap:

draboo
01-22-2012, 02:15 PM
:clap::clap: I won the Grand Rapids HOG award for Ladies Highest Mileage for 2011 - 18,064 miles. Not bad for 6 months riding season. I'm sure it pains them to give the award to a non Harley rider but that's their problem! But good news aside today I rode my Spyder for the first time since having it serviced and I thought all was well until I found a big pool of oil under it. So it was back to the shop for me.

CONGRATS FROM AN EX-MICHIGANDER-ER/YOOPER!

Wish I coulda been there to see their faces! 39818 :D:joke:

Boriken
01-22-2012, 02:48 PM
:congrats:to the both of you

StanProff
01-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Hope the oil issue is a simple one.
Good Job on the mileage last year.

cjackg
01-22-2012, 06:25 PM
:2thumbs:

chickridin
01-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Yahoo! Guess you showed em how the Spyder spins it's web!!! :roflblack::yes::yes::thumbup::thumbup::clap::clap :

Littlebadwolf
01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:
Way ta go Anne...congrats and best wishes for your ride...

kyspydergal
01-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Way to go! Congratulations!

SpyderAnn01
01-24-2012, 10:49 PM
I got the call from the shop today and they said it was a broken rear shock and that was shock fluid all over everything. Don't know why it broke but they are replacing it under warranty.

I think I'm being cursed for moving out of Michigan because I sure am missing from great riding weather this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the last of the problems and it will be smooth riding from here on out.

NancysToy
01-25-2012, 08:11 AM
I got the call from the shop today and they said it was a broken rear shock and that was shock fluid all over everything. Don't know why it broke but they are replacing it under warranty.

I think I'm being cursed for moving out of Michigan because I sure am missing from great riding weather this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the last of the problems and it will be smooth riding from here on out.
If you were being cursed, it would be a blown engine...you are just being reprimanded. ;) You have an early RTS. Make sure that they do the rear suspension service bulletin, and recalibrate your ride height gauge to the new spec, using the revised procedure. I suspect you blew out the top of the shock due in part to an erroneous rear suspension setting.

arntufun
01-25-2012, 08:25 AM
How did you get the Spyder to Vegas ??? Was it trailered and strapped down by a point other than the wheels ??? If it was, do you think that was just a coinsidence or something to discuss ??? :chat:

Bob Denman
01-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Good point! :thumbup: Perhaps the shock failure was a result of how the :spyder2: was transported...
Nice catch Randy!! :firstplace:

ARtraveler
01-25-2012, 12:37 PM
:congrats: on the mileage award. That is very impressive mileage for 6 months. Sorry about the shock glitch.

Arntufun may be on to something about the shock if Spyder was transported.

You should be able to get back to some good riding when you get the mechanical stuff worked out. There are some really nice rides in all directions from Vegas.

I really hope to get back to that area for a week of great rides. Probably will have to rent a Spyder in Vegas though--as I don't have time to drive my Spyder down there and then do some more riding.

SpyderAnn01
01-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Now come on guys I didn't rack up 18,000 miles on the back of a trailer! I rode it to Las Vegas. I think Scotty may be on to the cause if they did anything to the shock when they replaced the belt maybe they didn't do it right. They did tell me that it was a warranty repair.

Yazz
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Congratulations to both of you!! :clap::clap::clap: You're some hard ryding gals for sure!

My rear shock went out too. Not a good feeling to see that piddle under the Spyder.

I agree with you on Scotty's comment on the cause. Glad its is covered under warranty.

Looking forward to seeing you again at Spyderfest.

arntufun
01-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Now come on guys I didn't rack up 18,000 miles on the back of a trailer! I rode it to Las Vegas. I think Scotty may be on to the cause if they did anything to the shock when they replaced the belt maybe they didn't do it right. They did tell me that it was a warranty repair.

Ann, you can come out of the closet and addmit that it was trailered. :joke: There is no shame in it, I do it all the time when I go camping. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Ann, you can come out of the closet and addmit that it was trailered. :joke: There is no shame in it, I do it all the time when I go camping. :thumbup:

:roflblack: My Spyder has been on a trailer twice and both times it was broke! I guarantee that if you get Holly her own Spyder you will be selling the Toy Hauler and going for hotel camping instead. Getting there is more than half the fun!

Joy, I'm looking forward to seeing you and everyone at Spyderfest. This year my husband gets to go too.

Firefly
01-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Congrats!

I think your Spyder was just confused after winning the HOG award and wanted to fit in better so it leaked some fluids...... ;)