PDA

View Full Version : Part 2 video from Queen Wilhelmina State Park ride

FaranH
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/blog/post-details.aspx?PostID=28f1f369-4c3d-4271-a0af-9fde00d178f8

The people are what really make Spyder riding so much fun! :clap:

And when you see Juliette, you can tell that Farmboy really married up :D

p.s. Arkansas folks - if you have email addresses for anyone in the video who is not on Spyderlovers, please forward this to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNi8NKQP6Y

MarkLawson
01-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Seems like some friends of mine & I rode there back in 1989 or 1990, when I lived in Waco, TX. This was an annual ride for my friends, but a first for me, having recently started riding. Froze my tail off when we camped at the park. At one point in the ride there, they took a scenic outlook, parked their bikes and walked over to the ledge overlooking a valley, & took a whiz. All of this without a single word. I was stunned. Turns out it was their "tradition" to stop and do it at what they called "Urination Point". I'll never forget it. :yikes:

Also had a cougar cross the highway between me and the guy in front of me. I think that is the only time's I've every seen one in the wild.

FaranH
01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
At one point in the ride there, they took a scenic outlook, parked their bikes and walked over to the ledge overlooking a valley, & took a whiz. All of this without a single word. I was stunned. Turns out it was their "tradition" to stop and do it at what they called "Urination Point". I'll never forget it. :yikes:

I'll bet I know which spot that was and I will never look at that view quite the same now. Remind me not to take that ride with you. ;)

ARtraveler
01-20-2012, 05:26 PM
:thumbup:

Lamonster
01-20-2012, 05:31 PM
I know a few of them folks :thumbup:

flamingobabe
01-20-2012, 06:01 PM
GREAT videos.....thanks for sharing.....

SporterSpider
01-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Great video, I enjoyed it. Ride Safe and Long!

Farmboy
01-21-2012, 04:30 AM
That was so cool FaranH. We will have to do it again.

Farmboy
01-21-2012, 05:15 AM
The lodge Its self is now closed down for a make over.

MENA — The lodge at Queen Wilhelmina State Park is about to get a massive renovation.
Its 38 guest rooms will be enlarged and the facility will get an elevator and other improvements. The 18-month project is to start Dec. 1.
The lodge will close that date and reopen in the middle of 2013. Other facilities will remain open at the park.
The lodge was rebuilt in 1973 after a devastating fire. Since then there have been piecemeal improvements but group sales director Terry Cross told the Texarkana Gazette that a major update is needed.
The state has experience in upgrading a major attraction. The lodge at Mount Magazine State Park drew rave reviews when it reopened after being renovated several years ago.

thehawk
01-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Wife and I spent many a Memorial Day there in the company of various friends and bikes. We always liked the suites but you had to reserve them waaaay early if you could get them. South porch has to hold the record for humming-birds-per-cubic-foot-of-air. Great meals, live music and old-fashioned sing alongs. Wow!

You really captured its essence. Those times are past ... so thanks so much for the memories.

thehawk