PDA

View Full Version : EVO swaybar

pdxgoldwing
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
why no more EVO swaybar?.....am I missing something?.....

SPYD1
01-18-2012, 07:34 PM
What do you mean?

arntufun
01-18-2012, 07:37 PM
I read this below on another forum so wheather or not it is true, is beyond me. :dontknow:

Found this on another site:

"This is his wife. Yes, he has shut down the business as of November 23rd. We're getting a divorce and he has not paid child support nor alimony for months. Claims the economy has shut him down."

pdxgoldwing
01-18-2012, 07:39 PM
can anyone send me a stock sway bar..I will get some hi-pro sway bars speced out and find out what it tkes to get em made.

SPYD1
01-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Maybe that is why they showed up on ebay cheaper...nice product...get one if you can.

spyder3
01-18-2012, 07:42 PM
I read this below on another forum so wheather or not it is true, is beyond me. :dontknow:

Found this on another site:

"This is his wife. Yes, he has shut down the business as of November 23rd. We're getting a divorce and he has not paid child support nor alimony for months. Claims the economy has shut him down."

Nothing like airing out the dirty laundry on a website board...geesh!:gaah:

arntufun
01-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Nothing like airing out the dirty laundry on a website board...geesh!:gaah:

That was the main focus of the other board as well, I'm just upset I never got to get one of those sway bars. :(

zrc
01-18-2012, 07:53 PM
That was the main focus of the other board as well, I'm just upset I never got to get one of those sway bars. :(

Get his wife's email, maybe he paid some Child support in sway bars.

SPYD1
01-18-2012, 07:56 PM
You can buy one for a RT on Ebay...maybe contact them through ebay? It is a great product.

r1100rider
01-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I bought 2 of the last ones for a rs off e bay and boy am i glad i did big differance in corners and just going straight as well so i have 2 stock ones for a rs that i would sell cheep PM me if interested

Riker
01-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I hope someone picks this up and starts making again...my RS is crying for one :\

mrb
01-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I hope someone picks this up and starts making again...my RS is crying for one :\

As I just posted on the other thread, I still have stock of them if you want one but when they are gone they are gone.martin@spyderryders.net.au

Riker
01-20-2012, 07:21 AM
:2thumbs: PM sent :clap:

mishapman
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Five swaybars for the RT still on Ebay. Was going to get one, but then I started reading about how some of the more recently produced bars for the RTs were causing problems.

You can buy one for a RT on Ebay...maybe contact them through ebay? It is a great product.

cjackg
02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
There were six on eBay until I bought one of them recently and installed it on my 2012 RT Ltd. The clearances are tight but it fit and definitely made a difference in reducing leaning in the corners. I had previously done this also on a 2010 RT and found about the same improvement on the 2012. One thing I did different this time, I removed the retaining bushings & clamps near the end of the stock bar and re-installed them with new clamps on the Evo bar to reduce any chance of the suspension shifting on the sway bar.

A week after I did the swaybar update, I installed Elka shocks on the 2012 and got even more improvement in handling plus a smoother ride. I plan to play with the Elka adjustments more when this frigid spell passes.

ZippE
02-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks for all the comments on the Evo Sway Bar. I just purchased one based on the positive comments posted here.

I have not problems with my 2010 RT as for the performance of the shocks (nice comfy ride). It's just the leaning/sway on curves & turns, we would like to reduce for greater comfort & enjoyment of the ride. We are not into touring long distance anymore (been there/done that). Now just enjoying being "out in the wind"!!!! on country roads for day-rides.

Lots of Smiles From Miles - Ride Safe

John
Zipp E

rcantrell52
02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
The EVO Swaybar that is being discussed is it shipped out of California?
Thanks,
Reese

mrb
02-19-2012, 08:05 PM
The EVO Swaybar that is being discussed is it shipped out of California?
Thanks,
Reese

Evoluzione are in California but they are out of business and I don't thinnk you will find a sway bar anywhere now.

spyder stryder
02-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Evoluzione is out of business. They didn't make the bars as they are made on the east coast.
I have dealt with these guys on other bars & was talking with the main guy about other things
& brought up the bar on my 2012 Rt. I gave him the specks on it to see what rate he came up
with which was 500lb the same as i had rated it. At this point he told me they had been making
bars for Evo for the spyders. There is a straight bar & a bar with 2 curves which he could not
find at the time so we didn't worry about the rate on it. cjackg & zippe will you guys check the
bar size,arm length & the length of the old & new bars & post this? My RT bar is.625 thick 15 "
in effective length & the arm length is 43/4" Effective length will be the bar length measured
between the arms where they bend to turn out.Arm length will be from the front back to the bolt
hole center.
Thanks

pro10is
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Evoluzione is out of business. They didn't make the bars as they are made on the east coast.
I have dealt with these guys on other bars & was talking with the main guy about other things
& brought up the bar on my 2012 Rt. I gave him the specks on it to see what rate he came up
with which was 500lb the same as i had rated it. At this point he told me they had been making
bars for Evo for the spyders. There is a straight bar & a bar with 2 curves which he could not
find at the time so we didn't worry about the rate on it. cjackg & zippe will you guys check the
bar size,arm length & the length of the old & new bars & post this? My RT bar is.625 thick 15 "
in effective length & the arm length is 43/4" Effective length will be the bar length measured
between the arms where they bend to turn out.Arm length will be from the front back to the bolt
hole center.
Thanks
You'd think one of the other Spyder parts vendors would want to to pick this item up as there sure seems to still be a strong demand for it. The same goes for the O2 Modifier. That shouldn't be hard to re-engineer as it was probably only a precision resistor.

cjackg
02-19-2012, 11:36 PM
hole center.
Thanks
Pretty tough to get an accurate measurement or compare unless you have both on a bench. I did a close comparison before I installed mine and the only difference was the Evo bar is shorter.
i believe MMcc has one for sale.

spyder stryder
02-20-2012, 12:08 AM
You'd think one of the other Spyder parts vendors would want to to pick this item up as there sure seems to still be a strong demand for it. The same goes for the O2 Modifier. That shouldn't be hard to re-engineer as it was probably only a precision resistor.

pro10is

Here is the problem, if a guy does not know what he has he will have to depend
on whoever he deals with on most of the suspension stuff. Sometimes this goes
good sometimes not so good. What i mean by this is if you know how to measure
the bar & rate it you can call & get a stiffer bar made. If not you can pull your bar
& send it in so the guy can make a copy of it but lets say 100# stiffer that will make
a difference on the roll control. I can call Mr J monday or Tuesday to be sure about
the different bars on the different bikes. Nobody wants to do anything but buy & bolt on
or have it installed complety. I have discussed the spring & bar rates & the shock valving
with a dealer that is in very good standings with BRP & the way it stands he has a very good
feeling about getting the info.As it is now i do not have the time to pull & check the spring
rates & shock valving. I checked the measurements on my 2012 bar & a 2011 bar & they are
the same. I did take time to check the wire size on each spring & they are the same also.
These two spyders have the same suspension as for springs & bars & i would say the shocks
are the same. I fixed up a pair of 300/400 springs on a set of 5 comp/6 rebound shocks for
him to try & he said these are much better than the stock ones. I hope he will return then one day soon.
BRP sure likes to keep things a secret or they just do not know.

spyder stryder
02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=cjackg;418569]Pretty tough to get an accurate measurement or compare unless you have both on a bench. I did a close comparison before I installed mine and the only difference was the Evo bar is shorter.
i believe MMcc has one for sale.[/QUOTE

cjackg
If you are saying the complete length is shorter & the bar size is the same
then the bar is stiffer. With the same bar size & shorter arms it will be stiffer.
On my bar that checks .625 in bar size if they make me a new bar the same
length with the arms the same with bar size at .655 it will be 100# stiffer.
Just wanting to compare the speks.
Thanks

rcantrell52
02-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Is this the swaybar that members are buying from eBay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/230711601167?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
Thanks,
Reese

cjackg
02-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Is this the swaybar that members are buying from eBay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/230711601167?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
Thanks,
Reese
Yep, thats the only RT bars known to be available now.

Several clarifications related to questions that have come up: 1) The bar diameter on my Evo is the same as the stk bar, the overall length is shorter because the arms are slightly shorter. 2) Changing the swaybar does not affect alignment.
3) I transferred the stk end bushings from the stk bar to the Evo by using small adjustable hose clamps and I filed a small notch in the Evo bar so the stk bushing seats the same as it did on the stk bar. 4) It is feasible to change the swaybar without removing the frunk by just removing the lower 2 Frunk bolts and loosening the 4 top bolts, then lifting the frunk slightly.

NancysToy
02-20-2012, 08:40 AM
.....I filed a small notch in the Evo bar so the stk bushing seats the same as it did on the stk bar.......
:yikes: Filing a "notch" in a forged torsion bar is an invitation to disaster. It will undoubtedly fail there eventually, the only question is when. The stresses you create by doing this are tremendous! nojoke

cjackg
02-20-2012, 08:43 AM
:yikes: Filing a "notch" in a forged torsion bar is an invitation to disaster. It will undoubtedly fail there eventually, the only question is when. The stresses you create by doing this are tremendous! nojoke

The notch is about 1/16" in depth, the same as the stock bar !

NancysToy
02-20-2012, 08:53 AM
The notch is about 1/16" in depth, the same as the stock bar !
On the stock bar, it is put in there by either forging it, or doing it before the heat treating. It is a mistake to add one after the fact. It will eventually fracture there.

ZippE
02-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks,
Reese

Yes, this is the one I purchased yesterday. I see that this vendor has sold 2 units since yesterday. I'm not sure when I will be able to install, but will post the results of it's effectiveness asap.

John
Zipp E