PDA

View Full Version : "Special Hotel Room Rates" Are they really.....

NorthStar
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Last evening I received an e-mail notice from the Ontario Spyder Ryders organizers with respect to the rally planned for Niagara Falls at the end of June. The host hotel, Sheraton on the Falls, is a very nice place and I have plans on booking there for a few days during this rally. After doing a bit of checking I find out that the posted group rates are slightly higher than the rates I would receive if I had booked on line with a broker such as Expedia. Although this is a minor annoyance in the big picture, I am finding advertised special group rate deals at these sort of events have on occasion been somewhat misleading. I emailed the organizers to ask why the there is a higher rate for event participants at this hotel. (Special hotel gift baskets in our room:dontknow:)

On the plus side, hotel rates at the Super 8 in Cuba during Spyderfest are the real deal.:thumbup:

Marker
01-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi Northstar

few things to be aware of when looking at the hotel rooms for the Ontario Spyder Ryder Rally in June . The rooms reserved for the rally include Parking the other room deals out there do not include parking . Paid parking is $20.00 a day . Others have questioned room rates on Ontario Spyder Ryder Rally face book page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_123249201072719 The Answer given by BRP Rally organizer was the parking fee included in the room rates. I found out that if you book a room with a view of the falls it will cost a lot more than for a room with no view of the falls.

Hope this helps, Looking forward to the rally maybe we will meet up

Mark:thumbup:

NorthStar
01-15-2012, 05:16 PM
That makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.

fastfraser
01-15-2012, 08:24 PM
I booked with Expedia and though I got a good deal,until I found out about the 20 bucks a day parking fee .:gaah: So I cancelled and booked through the hotel .:thumbup: After I cancelled with Expedia they charged me 37 bucks for exchange fees. Whats with that,so a quick call and a talk to a Mgr. they refunded the 37 bucks .

What I don't get is why the event is at the most expensive hotel in the falls. Lots of nice hotels in the area for less bucks.