PDA

View Full Version : GT Stripe Kit Installation Help

vendit
01-14-2012, 06:16 PM
I purchased a GT stripe kit for my RT from Pete at Powersportwraps. I was doing the install today, and could not get the stripes on the trunk to lay down right! I was very frustrated. Has anyone installed their own kit? I was able to get the rest of the graphics installed including the fenders, but the curve on the hood created problems for me. I wasted three different strips trying to install. I can get the top of the curve near the ridge to lay down pretty ok, but when you keep going down and try to lay the vinyl over the ridge, then it wrinkles terribly.

Any suggestions? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

bruiser
01-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Try going from bottom to top.

GLRange
01-14-2012, 07:11 PM
A heat gun on low setting(good hair dryer will do) will help you get around compound curves and help decal conform better...try not to trap any air bubbles but you may get a few, work them out slowly as you go, work slowly gently pulling and coaxing it with your hands and heat. It's not easy If you have no experience but the heat gun will help tremendously. Also..make sure everything is super clean including your hands, any small specks of dirt will show through so that's the most important part. You can do this! :doorag: