PDA

View Full Version : real cold weather riding is here, who else is still riding in MN?

SethO
01-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Well I am saving the world here in dirt town, it was a sunny -17F tonight coming in and it will be -15F when I go home at 6am.

Its been a hella great year for riding here. it was 41 here a few days ago, I got the Firestone tire on (thanks again Yazz) going to build weights that bolt on the swingarm this year. Also thanks to spyderlovers I got a heated vest (made of a gorillas chest) and I don't know what I was thinking not having one before, works way better than I thought with the gauntlets on the beast

Wondering who else is toughing it out in the great white north?

CyncySpyder
01-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Well, Teddy & I aren't in the Great White North, but we DO ryde year round, but our temps and conditions get no where near as bad as yours. We're actually do for our first real snowfall tomorrow, maybe an inch or two and the temps. have lately been much better than average for our area.Teddy & I just completed a thousand mile road trip this past weekend, got to visit Len and the crew down at Cowtown and made our reservations for SpyderFest at LadyBug Campground along with delivering Teddy's pet cat to her new adopted home at ThreeFeets place. (Thank You)And we're doing a 700 mile roadtrip this coming weekend to go down to Lamonts and see what we can help out with for the BRP software test, should be fun, as long as the snow isn't too bad.Great video of you at the Salt Flatts btw, your an Inspiration to us all. Keep it up buddy.

Paula(Butch2025)
01-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Butch is!!! Being the nice Dad that he is, he loan his truck to our daughter until her jeep is fixed. Seth you might want to add a heated helmet to your winter gear arsenal! Butch really likes his in combo with the heated vest on days like this.
--Paula

dancogan
01-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Seth, I haven't missed riding at least once each month since '04. But I don't ride every day. Yesterday's ride was hardly a hardship - I had to turn off the heated gear because it just wasn't that cold out! Temps were in the mid 40's. But, the times they are a 'changin ... or something like that, as we get ready for snow tonight and tomorrow.

Fly boy
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Sorry, last night hit -25 with windchill.... thats a wee bit to cold for me.

Last year I saw a 100* temperature difference in less then a 24h period. It was -60 with with chill, and the next day hit 40's. I will ride if its above 30... Just don't have the gear for anything colder.