PDA

View Full Version : any HI ryders?

shansmow
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Hello all,

I'm back from Germany and now living in Hawaii (I know, it's tough but somebody's gotta do it :sour: ) Since my arrival I haven't located a Spyder dealership or seen any Spyders on the road. Just wondering if there is anyone out there. If so I'd like to get together and explore Oahu as much as possible.

Thanks!

Oh, and Roll Tide Roll! :D I did make it back to the States to see the game live!

ARtraveler
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I have visited the islands three times in the last 4 years. Could not find a dealer or even rental Spyders.

A recent thread said they had Spyder rentals on Maui at Bruddah Eds--but it looks like that is it for the present. If you brought your Spyder--perhaps you will generate some interest. I have been on four of the islands and seen no Spyders.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-11-2012, 11:39 PM
BE THE FIRST...BE THE FIRST...BE THE FIRST....BE THE FIRST.....MORE COFFEE....MIKE...:thumbup:

Questions
01-12-2012, 09:11 AM
As someone who has lived there many years myself, and just got back from there a few weeks ago, I dare say you might be the first!!! A word of caution though, keep a sharp lookout on your Spyder there. Because it is so unique, it will be targeted for theft. I dont know how long you have been there or your history with the island, but its not all palm trees and beaches...crime is rampant there.

rnet
01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
As someone who has lived there many years myself, and just got back from there a few weeks ago, I dare say you might be the first!!! A word of caution though, keep a sharp lookout on your Spyder there. Because it is so unique, it will be targeted for theft. I dont know how long you have been there or your history with the island, but its not all palm trees and beaches...crime is rampant there.I will second that.

shansmow
02-25-2012, 02:07 PM
So I've been ryding for over a month here on Oahu and have gotten nothing but positive comments. People will stop and talk to me about Thor ;) and although I haven't met/seen any other Spyder owners I keep hearing about them! I had to get the regular inspection and then have another special inspection before getting a special weight reading before I could get him registered but he is now all legal. The "special" inspector told me this was the fifth one he's inspected so I know there are other Spyders out there!

People have been great and no one has messed with him....yet. Found some BMW owners to ryde with and am enjoying getting out. Haven't had any real maintenace issues but I've noticed he does run hotter than he did in Germany so I'll have to look into changing some things. Other than that it's great having him here!

Lone Spyder Ryder
02-25-2012, 02:21 PM
So I've been ryding for over a month here on Oahu and have gotten nothing but positive comments. People will stop and talk to me about Thor ;) and although I haven't met/seen any other Spyder owners I keep hearing about them! I had to get the regular inspection and then have another special inspection before getting a special weight reading before I could get him registered but he is now all legal. The "special" inspector told me this was the fifth one he's inspected so I know there are other Spyders out there!

People have been great and no one has messed with him....yet. Found some BMW owners to ryde with and am enjoying getting out. Haven't had any real maintenace issues but I've noticed he does run hotter than he did in Germany so I'll have to look into changing some things. Other than that it's great having him here!

I bought the Air Dam from http://www.spyderpops.com/ and it alone dropped temp gage one bar. Good luck

KAUBOY
02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
I'll be on the Big Island next month and our Spyder will dock in Hilo on 3/28. Looking forward to the ride home. Don't know the cost but I do know that there is a lot of shipping bikes from island to island for event rides...check with Young Bros. or Pasha if you want to see the other islands.

JJW SpyderRider
02-25-2012, 08:33 PM
It sounds like you guys need to find a spyder mechanic that would like to take a vacation in HI and bring his BUDS computer. Schedule a ride together and spend a hour or so getting eveyone updated. Don't help much if your broke down but could help keeping the computer up to date.