PDA

View Full Version : RV Campgrounds in Durango CO

cjackg
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
After a quick look at what was available, I just made a reservation for the United Campground near Durango for the owners event.
They are closed until April but can be reached by Tel to make reservations. They have lots of sites and full facilities and are located close to Durango.
http://www.unitedcampgrounddurango.com/

Gordy
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
this is where we booked as well, nice looking campground

dancogan
01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
After a quick look at what was available, I just made a reservation for the United Campground near Durango for the owners event.
They are closed until April but can be reached by Tel to make reservations. They have lots of sites and full facilities and are located close to Durango.
http://www.unitedcampgrounddurango.com/

I looked at that and that's where we'll probably stay. It seems to be the closest campground to Durango, and offers trolley service to town every 20 minutes. Handy to have a campground with a full laundry facility, too.

ThreeFeet
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I got the KOA IN town Durango. Has all the goodies one could want and cabins that are some cheaper than the rooms in motels.

dancogan
01-09-2012, 05:39 PM
I got the KOA IN town Durango...

?? I can't find a KOA that is IN Durango. Do you have a link or any other information? The only KOA if found was 7 miles SE of town. Thanks.

Padre Spyder
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
We have reservations at KOA, It is just out of town but is within a mile of the local dealer and is an excellent park. I stayed there last year when I stopped on a cross country trip to get the RT
serviced. Rate about $43.50 with KOA Discount Card.

Erags
01-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Just made Reservation for United Campgrounds in Durango. Said he had 5 or 6 so far and he still has 30 or 40 spaces left.

We are going to arrive the Monday the 18th and looking at staying for a week.

looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone again

He is 2 to 3 miles from Fairgrounds

ThreeFeet
01-14-2012, 04:19 PM
?? I can't find a KOA that is IN Durango. Do you have a link or any other information? The only KOA if found was 7 miles SE of town. Thanks. My bad your right I thought it was in town fromthe info I got online. Either way 7 miles is a drip in the bucket. AND they take tents. Some of those places have aversions to tents. THAT and I didn't REALLY look into my Directory and check it out better. Sorry.:opps:

ThreeFeet
01-14-2012, 04:25 PM
We have reservations at KOA, It is just out of town but is within a mile of the local dealer and is an excellent park. I stayed there last year when I stopped on a cross country trip to get the RT
serviced. Rate about $43.50 with KOA Discount Card. I got a quote for 34.89 per nite for three nites. 20 to 23 June. But then I have tent will travel. and no other discount no KOA one either. I told her the spyder infestation is going to be interesting and fun. taxes were 7.12. so that brings it up to 37.26. Don't know how much her cabins are. I did find out there are other campgrounds some are State. I sorta want an exxtra day to bug around the mts. Ryde safe and See ya at Spyderfest???

dancogan
01-14-2012, 06:11 PM
My bad your right I thought it was in town fromthe info I got online. Either way 7 miles is a drip in the bucket. AND they take tents. Some of those places have aversions to tents. THAT and I didn't REALLY look into my Directory and check it out better. Sorry.:opps:

Yup, the 7 miles won't be any big deal. I was hoping you were right and that maybe there was a new KOA in town. Too bad.

dancogan
01-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Just made Reservation for United Campgrounds in Durango. Said he had 5 or 6 so far and he still has 30 or 40 spaces left.

We are going to arrive the Monday the 18th and looking at staying for a week.

looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone again

He is 2 to 3 miles from Fairgrounds

I think this is where we're going to make reservations, too. It's relatively close, and I like the fact that the Durango-Silverton RR goes right through the campground, and the Animas River flows through, too.

CyncySpyder
01-14-2012, 06:47 PM
I got the KOA IN town Durango. Has all the goodies one could want and cabins that are some cheaper than the rooms in motels.
:yes:3940339404394073940539406:yes:

DocRags
01-14-2012, 09:38 PM
:yes:3940339404394073940539406:yes:

We were hoping you'd be camping near us at United, Dave! Hope to see you two soon.

sandrunr1
01-14-2012, 09:57 PM
When you camp, are there bugs, snakes, bears that eat people? Just wondering.

Gordy
01-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I believe there are rattlesnakes but chances you will see one are pretty remote, but bring your snake charmer in case :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Padre Spyder
01-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I got a quote for 34.89 per nite for three nites. 20 to 23 June. But then I have tent will travel. and no other discount no KOA one either. I told her the spyder infestation is going to be interesting and fun. taxes were 7.12. so that brings it up to 37.26. Don't know how much her cabins are. I did find out there are other campgrounds some are State. I sorta want an exxtra day to bug around the mts. Ryde safe and See ya at Spyderfest???
I forgot you tenters have a cheaper rate. I am towing a 33 ft. RV Trailer and a 12ft. Spyder Trailer which is the difference.