PDA

View Full Version : MIGHT BE USEFUL

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-09-2012, 11:36 AM
A month or so ago there were some dolly's (used for moving heavy things) on sale at Harbor Freight...Well the same Dolly's are now on sale at Home Depot..$9.95 each..according to Home Depot they have a safe load rating of 400 lb., in real life that means 600lb...Each dolly has four wheels on swivel casters...if you buy two and take off all the casters you will have eight...buy one more of the same size (they sell them separately also) so you have nine and remount them ...three to a triangle shaped platform and you now have a very in-expensive way of turning your :ani29: around in a very small space if you need to do so....Total cost about $ 25...plus the scrap wood....Good luck....Mike....:thumbup:.....P.S. I've all-ready done it and it works great.

pro10is
01-09-2012, 12:04 PM
:thumbup:
Thanks for the great tip Mike!

If anyone has ever checked the individual price of suitable swivel casters you'll know Mike has come up with an excellent, cost effective method of building a Spyder turntable. A turntable is a real time and space saving method of both storing and working on a Spyder in a garage where space is limited.

This goes to the top of my winter project to-do list.

staysafeonline
03-30-2012, 11:51 PM
A month or so ago there were some dolly's (used for moving heavy things) on sale at Harbor Freight...Well the same Dolly's are now on sale at Home Depot..$9.95 each..according to Home Depot they have a safe load rating of 400 lb., in real life that means 600lb...Each dolly has four wheels on swivel casters...if you buy two and take off all the casters you will have eight...buy one more of the same size (they sell them separately also) so you have nine and remount them ...three to a triangle shaped platform and you now have a very in-expensive way of turning your :ani29: around in a very small space if you need to do so....Total cost about $ 25...plus the scrap wood....Good luck....Mike....:thumbup:.....P.S. I've all-ready done it and it works great.

Would you minds sharing some pics?