PDA

View Full Version : WANT TO UPGRADE MY RYDE /ESI/CURIOUS

SPYDERGUY1
01-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Found a set up on the ESI sponsor page for my ryde. Claims FREE SHIPPING on orders over $150.00, but apparently not to CANADA. What say you ESI, know you watch this forum pretty close. Not asking for free product, just like the free shipping plan. Thanks.:lecturef_smilie:

SPYDERGUY1
01-15-2012, 07:59 PM
I would like to throw this out there again. Any thoughts ?? Responses ?

fastfraser
01-15-2012, 08:07 PM
:bdh:I played that game with ESI at least 5 times. You got to pay to play . Good luck though .:thumbup:

SPYDERGUY1
01-15-2012, 08:20 PM
One thing to play the GAME, but they will not even ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, via e-mail. Kinda ya it will work and sorry no shipping , yadda, yadda, I Would like the free shipping of course, but most important, WHAT EXACTLY DO I REQUIRE ( from the website ) SO frustrating. Do not want to spend good bucks for something that may or may not work. Is this really that difficult ??? P.S. In the end how did you make out ????

fastfraser
01-15-2012, 08:30 PM
I ended up getting a US mail address. They charge 5 bucks a package for deliveries but most mods I get from the states offer free shipping ( E-Bay ). Only down side is I have to pay 13% duty at customs.

SPYDERGUY1
01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
That seems like quite the GONG SHOW. Have dealt with them in the past regards to lighting, and they finally came through. This time will search for another answer, because customer service is SIMPLY NOT THERE. SHAME THO, ESI GOOD PRODUCT, what I have anyway!!!!!!!

jimclarkf1
01-16-2012, 09:15 PM
MOVE SOUTH,,,,:yes: TENNESSE

SPYDERGUY1
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Would love to. Kinda hard being a CANUK tho. Can only stay for 6 months. Would you sponsor me and give me a place to stay ?????

bone crusher
01-17-2012, 12:34 AM
I love ESI products...have a ton of them...made well and they stand behind their product! I don't want to be too cheap, but ah heck...sorry in advance.... I have a problem with $15.00 shipping for that new rear tail lens...being it is only 19.95 and likely weighs at most 6 ounces, I cannot figure how it can cost 15.00 to ship...the shipping is almost as much as the product. Thoughts on this?

ARtraveler
01-17-2012, 01:03 AM
This issue has not come up much lately, but it has sure been around. I have run into the same problem in Alaska--free shipping in the US--but not to Alaska or Hawaii. My problem with that is--most of these items can be shipped USPS--priority and if you are not in a hurry--the ground rate is usually less than $10 for lighter weight items.

Companies that try to ship you stuff second day or next day and don't give you a choice should be avoided at all costs.

I have quit dealing with all companies that try to charge what I call "mercenary" shipping. They mark up the shipping way beyond the actual rates and figure they will make some extra profit off of you.

I also have a problem with $15.00 shipping on a $16.00 item.

I have not dealt with ESI directly--so I do not have any history with them. My dealer ordered the lights so I worked that out with him. SealFloorboards treated me right with FREE shipping and our friends with the calanders, and gloryders have treated me fairly with regards to shipping. It might not hurt to just give ESI a call and see what you can work out. That is my suggestion.

For our Canadian friends--that is another story. Everything has to go through customs and there is duty involved to the receiving party. When I worked in the leather businiess, I received many Canadian orders--because our goods were less expensive than the Canadian version. I used to dread the orders a little, because it was a real pain to take the packages to the post office, stand in line, fill out all the customs paperwork etc. We did charge actual postage plus a $2.00 service charge--since it would take an extra hour or so of someones's time. We did our best not to gouge the customer. But, we appreciated the orders we received.

arntufun
01-17-2012, 07:37 AM
I love ESI products...have a ton of them...made well and they stand behind their product! I don't want to be too cheap, but ah heck...sorry in advance.... I have a problem with $15.00 shipping for that new rear tail lens...being it is only 19.95 and likely weighs at most 6 ounces, I cannot figure how it can cost 15.00 to ship...the shipping is almost as much as the product. Thoughts on this?

:agree: I live less than 45 minutes from ESI. They would charge me the same rate so don't feel bad. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-17-2012, 08:43 AM
How about if you just go over to their business and pick the stuff up for us and THEN only charge us for the actual shipping costs??? :2thumbs: :D

arntufun
01-17-2012, 09:47 AM
How about if you just go over to their business and pick the stuff up for us and THEN only charge us for the actual shipping costs??? :2thumbs: :D

I would do it in the spring, summer or fall when I could ride the Spyder. :thumbup:

spyder3
01-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Shipping has nothing to do with how much a product cost. The size & weight will give you the actual shipping cost depending on how its being shipped..ie first class or priority,,etc.

There is also the cost of the box, packaging supplies and getting it to the shipping site(if not being picked up). Then if you have an actual shipping dept you are paying someone to do this, payroll. Shipping and HANDLING.

But to base the shipping price being to high on how much you paid for the product is not realistic. The P.O. or UPS doesn't care how much your product cost.

I'm not defending ESI, and if they are padding there shipping charges, buy somewhere else. I've shipped a lot of items and shipping cost can eat a business alive.nojoke

Oh, and free shipping....well, its just built into the price of the product most times.

arntufun
01-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Shipping has nothing to do with how much a product cost. The size & weight will give you the actual shipping cost depending on how its being shipped..ie first class or priority,,etc.

There is also the cost of the box, packaging supplies and getting it to the shipping site(if not being picked up). Then if you have an actual shipping dept you are paying someone to do this, payroll. Shipping and HANDLING.

But to base the shipping price being to high on how much you paid for the product is not realistic. The P.O. or UPS doesn't care how much your product cost.

I'm not defending ESI, and if they are padding there shipping charges, buy somewhere else. I've shipped a lot of items and shipping cost can eat a business alive.nojoke

Oh, and free shipping....well, its just built into the price of the product most times.

I agree with your point about the cost of the product can not be associated with shipping. I just purchased this mount for my GPS from Hong Kong. The produst is about $2.50 with free shipping !!! Free shipping from Hong Kong. ??? I bet it weighs just as much as ESI'S tail light. The product is already in Chicago IL. and I only ordered it a week ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIKE-MOTORCYCLE-MOUNT-HOLDER-GARMIN-860-880-780-850-760-765T-770-775T-5000-/220907162860?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336f17ccec

If the people of Hong Kong can make the GPS mount, pay people and ship it to the US for $2.50 and still make money, There is somthing wrong with how things are run here in the US. Thats why I love Ebay and Walmart. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-17-2012, 10:52 AM
:agree: to a point.. A bunch of years' ago some of the shipping costs associated with an EBay purchase were... :shocked: They seem to be better now though! :clap:
WalMart...:gaah: I think that we have the worst one in the Country here almost in our backyard! nojoke I wouldn't go in there on a dare! :(

spyder3
01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
:agree: to a point.. A bunch of years' ago some of the shipping costs associated with an EBay purchase were... :shocked: They seem to be better now though! :clap:
WalMart...:gaah: I think that we have the worst one in the Country here almost in our backyard! nojoke I wouldn't go in there on a dare! :(

what ebayers were doing was charging more for the shipping and lowering the product cost to avoid ebay fees..that didn't last too long:roflblack::roflblack:

I've been in one walmart, one time...:gaah:nojoke

bone crusher
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM

Come on...that's a crock....I ship things around the country and charge about actual cost. As far handling goes, I don't want anyone handling my stuff too much anyway...hehe! I sell lots of football tickets on ebay...I don't charge for 'handling.' That's a thing of the past with Ebay, Amazon, etc... If something weighs a few ounces and is 'that' small, it can fit in a one cost USPS box...the boxes are free. Most retailers charged based on size and quantity...and when you order enough, the shipping is free. I'm a big fan of Amazon Prime...what a great deal that is.'

I'm not trying to bash ESI here...I love the products and they do stand behind them...no question about that...I love that they have awesome mods for our bikes. For some odd reason, it just rubs me the wrong way to pay $15.00 for an item that is small and weighs a few ounces.

I would feel better, no joke, if the item cost 30.00 and the shipping was 5.00...now, some smarta*s will probably tell me to look at it that way, but that's not the issue we're discussing here.....:p

spyder3
01-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Come on...that's a crock....I ship things around the country and charge about actual cost. As far handling goes, I don't want anyone handling my stuff too much anyway...hehe! I sell lots of football tickets on ebay...I don't charge for 'handling.' That's a thing of the past with Ebay, Amazon, etc... If something weighs a few ounces and is 'that' small, it can fit in a one cost USPS box...the boxes are free. Most retailers charged based on size and quantity...and when you order enough, the shipping is free. I'm a big fan of Amazon Prime...what a great deal that is.'

I'm not trying to bash ESI here...I love the products and they do stand behind them...no question about that...I love that they have awesome mods for our bikes. For some odd reason, it just rubs me the wrong way to pay $15.00 for an item that is small and weighs a few ounces.

I would feel better, no joke, if the item cost 30.00 and the shipping was 5.00...now, some smarta*s will probably tell me to look at it that way, but that's not the issue we're discussing here.....:p

Not a crock, facts. Your comparing yourself selling football tickets to a business shipping products everyday to make a living. :banghead:

All that being said, I already said if esi is padding the shipping, shame on them. Buy elsewhere. If we had more facts about this 15.00 I could give you the exact amount it would cost to ship.

And where have you been hiding bones?

bone crusher
01-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Not a crock, facts. Your comparing yourself selling football tickets to a business shipping products everyday to make a living. :banghead:

All that being said, I already said if esi is padding the shipping, shame on them. Buy elsewhere. If we had more facts about this 15.00 I could give you the exact amount it would cost to ship.

And where have you been hiding bones?

Hah...no telling!

I don't wish to buy elsewhere as I like ESI products...however, I cannot buy because the darn shipping cost is preventing me from doing so. Yeah, my issue, I know...but 15.00 for the tail lens just ain't right, IMHO...I'm just stuck on this...maybe a drink or two (over the weekend, of course), will change my mind a little...but for now, a 19.95 part with 15.00 shipping, and the part likely weighing well under a pound...well, :banghead:
:bdh:

arntufun
01-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Hah...no telling!

I don't wish to buy elsewhere as I like ESI products...however, I cannot buy because the darn shipping cost is preventing me from doing so. Yeah, my issue, I know...but 15.00 for the tail lens just ain't right, IMHO...I'm just stuck on this...maybe a drink or two (over the weekend, of course), will change my mind a little...but for now, a 19.95 part with 15.00 shipping, and the part likely weighing well under a pound...well, :banghead:
:bdh:

If you can wait til spring...... I will gladly go to their shop, pick it up and ship it to you at cost. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
01-18-2012, 08:02 AM
:clap::clap::clap: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :firstplace:

bone crusher
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
If you can wait til spring...... I will gladly go to their shop, pick it up and ship it to you at cost. :thumbup:

I'll take you up on that...you're too kind and I'm being too pathetic about this...however, you're on!

SPYDERGUY1
01-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I may also take you up on that offer, if nothing else is found by then. AM VERY SURPRISED E.S.I. has not chimed in on this one, or responded to sent e-mails. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM