PDA

View Full Version : TapaTalk issues anyone?

SteveMac
01-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Weird stuff.
Used to, after I would read a topic and the go back to the "unread" listing, the item I had just finished reading would no longer be on the list. That makes sense.

However now when I go back to the unread items I still see the ones that I did in fact, already read. I don't recall doing a Tapatalk update recently, but I am convinced that this would be a Tapatalk issue and not a forum problem.

I guess not a huge deal, but kinda frustrating.

Anyways, just wondering if others were seeing the same thing?

Lamonster
01-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Not sure if this is related or not but on another one of my boards a guy was having issues and here's what he did.

Had to clear the cache on the phone to get it functional; apparently, it's a known infrequent bug in the system.

...just a bit of info for anyone else that might have a similar complaint to ya!

SteveMac
01-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Not sure if this is related or not but on another one of my boards a guy was having issues and here's what he did.

Thanks Lamont
I'll give that a try and let you know.

SteveMac
01-06-2012, 08:54 AM

Hmm
Guess I'll have to wait for an update or delete and re-add. I should mention it is the iPhone4.
- I cleared the cache
- Then I double clicked the home button to get access to the multitask and closed all open programs
- Then a hard boot of the phone to reset.
Still had the issue.

I checked my settings and the "unread behavior" is set correctly.

Oh well :(

Thanks anyway!

SteveMac
01-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Hey Lamont
Interesting note.
I am also a lurker on the GL1800 board and I am not seeing it there. I still think it may be something specific to me, but you would think id see the same problem there.

You use the same hosting platform for both sites I guess?

Arr MiHardies
01-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Tapatalk acting weird for me as well. Whenever I scroll down to view more unread items, it loads unread items, but realists all the items it has already shown an additional time.

Also links to images like on spyderpops thread about the skid plates link to a different image than shown in the thumbnail and are opening in the browser instead of tapatalk. The picture that opens in the browser is One image number too high. Have to click the previous image button to get the right pic.

SteveMac
01-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Lamont
Wanted to give you a final update.
I ended up completely deleting Tapatalk and reinstalling. Still did not resolve the issue.

I can go into GL1800riders, read a post, hit "back" and the only posts I see are the unread ones. Which is the way it should behave

However, when on SpyderLovers, I can read a post, then hit the back button and the post I just finished reading still shows up.

Before, I was convinced it was my app that was corrupt. Not sure about that now since I have the same problem (only on SpyderLovers) after a delete, hard boot, and fresh install of the app.

But apparently no one else is having the same issue, so I'll make do I guess!

Just wanted to give you a final update.

Lamonster
01-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Try it now.

spyder4335
01-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I've been experiencing the same things as SteveMac with Tapatalk for the last few days. Unfortunately I do not use it for other forums.