PDA

View Full Version : New Double Feature™ Replacement Rear Reflector Lens finally done.

Magic Man
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
It took what seemed like forever to get it right, but the new Spyder Double Feature™ Replacement Rear Reflector Lens is now ready for sale.

This direct replacement part installs in seconds, and converts the Spyder's rear plate light cover into a functioning additional tail light to add some much needed visability to your Spyder.

Now there is also cost effective answer for those of you that have lost their orginal plate light cover, without having to spend the HUGE money on a factory replacement.

With an MSRP of only $19.95 getting more features and saving money has never been easier.

The New Double Feature™ Replacement Rear Reflector Lens should be up on the site in the next 24 hours.

Or to order sooner order please call (518) 785-5810 or visit our web site www.esicycleproducts.com (http://www.esicycleproducts.com) :thumbup:

MM

GA-SPYDER
01-05-2012, 09:08 PM
That looks great, Evan!:thumbup:
like many others on the site, I needed one way back in 2010. Replaced it with a Wally World special.

MarkLawson
01-05-2012, 09:42 PM
It took what seemed like forever to get it right, but the new Spyder Double Feature™ Replacement Rear Reflector Lens is now ready for sale.

This direct replacement part installs in seconds, and converts the Spyder's rear plate light cover into a functioning additional tail light to add some much needed visability to your Spyder.

Now there is also cost effective answer for those of you that have lost their orginal plate light cover, without having to spend the HUGE money on a factory replacement.

With an MSRP of only $19.95 getting more features and saving money has never been easier.

The New Double Feature™ Replacement Rear Reflector Lens should be up on the site in the next 24 hours.

Or to order sooner order please call (518) 785-5810 or visit our web site www.esicycleproducts (http://www.esicycleproducts/). :thumbup:

MM

Your web link isn't working...

bone crusher
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM

Or to order sooner order please call (518) 785-5810 or visit our web site www.esicycleproducts (http://www.esicycleproducts/). :thumbup:

MM

Evan, where have you been? How ya doin'? Oh, and I'll get one of these...no question...do we tap it into the triple play or anything else in there? Thanks...

Blue Star
01-05-2012, 10:05 PM

I just had mine replaced under warranty, but for $19.95 I would have gone this route. After considering the two trips to the dealer, and time waited for the part to come in it is worth it. In fact, I will be ordering one soon to keep on hand just in case.

pro10is
01-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Just added it to my winter mods to do list. Will be ordering soon.

bone crusher
01-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I just had mine replaced under warranty, but for $19.95 I would have gone this route. After considering the two trips to the dealer, and time waited for the part to come in it is worth it. In fact, I will be ordering one soon to keep on hand just in case.

Blue,

the replacement isn't lit up, no? This one is...or am I missing something? My bike hasn't been used in over 2 months as it's sitting in the garage...

Magic Man
01-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Blue,

the replacement isn't lit up, no? This one is...or am I missing something? My bike hasn't been used in over 2 months as it's sitting in the garage...

Factory one is just a dead reflector. This one was made so it is also an additional tail light and we designed it to be stronger too. :thumbup:

MM

coz
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
there is a cheap mod that deals with this lense. you take a rotozip type tool and remove the layer of black plastic under the red lense, but not to much so you don't overly weaken the mounting point, thereby creating an additional running light. that's what i did, and it worked great. if you don't have the tool or the desire, buy magic man's, much easier:thumbup: it's worth it just for an instant extra running light i m o

Blue Star
01-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Blue,

No, the replacement is OEM. I guess I should not be reading SL at work, as I don't have time to read well.

Factory one is just a dead reflector. This one was made so it is also an additional tail light and we designed it to be stronger too. :thumbup:

MM

I am definatally getting one now. The only good thing I liked about having to wait six weeks for the replacement to come in was the extra light on the rear.

bone crusher
01-06-2012, 10:12 PM

MM

MM,

What does it do?

1. Just stays lit up
2. Is lit and works like brake light...gets brighter
3. Taps into triple play so that it blinks when you brake too (if that is what you have it set at)

Thanks...

bruiser
01-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Cool. I'll add it to my order for the third brake light net payday.

Magic Man
01-07-2012, 05:40 AM
MM,

What does it do?

1. Just stays lit up
2. Is lit and works like brake light...gets brighter
3. Taps into triple play so that it blinks when you brake too (if that is what you have it set at)

Thanks...

It's an additional tail light not brake light. :thumbup:

MM

SpyderGirl
01-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Nice! Too bad I no longer have a rear fender.

Stock fender braces = fail.

bone crusher
01-07-2012, 09:43 AM
It's an additional tail light not brake light. :thumbup:

MM

What does it tap into then?

Campverdefela
01-07-2012, 12:47 PM
What does it tap into then? The wires that are already their for the license plate. This setup allows for light to pass through the lens and not just straight down.

Magic Man
01-07-2012, 06:10 PM
The wires that are already their for the license plate. This setup allows for light to pass through the lens and not just straight down.

:clap: :thumbup:

bone crusher
01-07-2012, 08:23 PM
The wires that are already their for the license plate. This setup allows for light to pass through the lens and not just straight down.

yeah, finally got out for a ride today and took a look at the thing...gotcha...the light that illuminates the tag will shine through the reflector...oh, and not to be rude, sorry...but it's 'there', not 'their'...'their' is possessive...

Thank you for clarifying the reflector issue for me...having not looked at my bike for about two months made it hard for me to picture what this mod was actually doing....

Magic Man
01-11-2012, 01:50 PM
yeah, finally got out for a ride today and took a look at the thing...gotcha...the light that illuminates the tag will shine through the reflector...oh, and not to be rude, sorry...but it's 'there', not 'their'...'their' is possessive...

Thank you for clarifying the reflector issue for me...having not looked at my bike for about two months made it hard for me to picture what this mod was actually doing....

Beside adding another "free" light source to the rear of your Spyder to help keep you from getting rear ended. :clap:

Many, many Spyder owners have had their lens break off (breaks around the screw hole and then the whole lens falls off, or had the screw come lose lens on the road) only to end up having to buy the whole light unit (huge $$) when all they needed was a replacement lens that BRP refuses to sell by itself. :gaah:

So when we designed this lens not only is it now able to pass the light through it, but the lens was made much stronger to keep if from breaking off like the stock one does. :thumbup:

MM

cyclelover63
02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Installed mine today..NICE and bright!!!...wish a new gasket would have come with it,though....My old one was wrinkled..hey,I have to complain about something,right?

bignose13
03-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Is the Bulb Led ?

joet82
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
I bought a brake light from Truck-n-stuff here in El Cajon, CA, and a LED license plate from Custom Dynamics it was easy to wire myself using a 6 foot 16 gauge wire to route to the brake light, and the existing wires for the OEM license plate light.

Kratos
07-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Just ordered this today!

Bumblebee67
07-04-2012, 10:13 AM
A word of advice here...... put a little dab of red threadlock on the screw holding the cover on. :thumbup: I just lost my "replacement" and now I had to order another "replacement" because the screw came loose and fell out :banghead: nojoke

NancysToy
07-04-2012, 10:46 AM
A word of advice here...... put a little dab of red threadlock on the screw holding the cover on. :thumbup: I just lost my "replacement" and now I had to order another "replacement" because the screw came loose and fell out :banghead: nojoke
Loctite won't do the job...the screw merely goes into a metal bracket, so there aren't enough threads for Loctite to hold. Use a dab of RTV silicon before you install the lens. Let it cure overnight and you are in business. If you wish, a couple more dabs of silicone where the lens meets the base will hold the lens tightly even if the screw falls out. They can be easily slit with a razor blade for future access.

Some Guy
07-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Use a dab of RTV silicon before you install the lens.

:agree: That's what I did. Unfortunately for me, this great product came out 2 years too late! :gaah:

Bumblebee67
07-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks Scotty, you just probably saved me losing another one. :thumbup:
Loctite won't do the job...the screw merely goes into a metal bracket, so there aren't enough threads for Loctite to hold. Use a dab of RTV silicon before you install the lens. Let it cure overnight and you are in business. If you wish, a couple more dabs of silicone where the lens meets the base will hold the lens tightly even if the screw falls out. They can be easily slit with a razor blade for future access.

Kratos
07-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys. :thumbup:

AirMike
11-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Just received this today and noticed no screw was included and need a new one. Any ideas on what to get? Was in Lowes tonight and nothing seems to match.

Thanks

boomerkc
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
AirMike, I found a 6/32 1/2" worked well for my '08 RS.

Just received this today and noticed no screw was included and need a new one. Any ideas on what to get? Was in Lowes tonight and nothing seems to match.

Thanks

AirMike
11-05-2012, 10:47 PM
AirMike, I found a 6/32 1/2" worked well for my '08 RS.

Thanks! I'll give that a try....