PDA

View Full Version : HD insider Sales Tactics

arntufun
01-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I wonder if BRP has one of these manuals out for their sales people ??? This is like Wiki Leaks, so do not ask me where I got this info from. :doorag:

SPYD1
01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Would you like fries with that?

Yazz
01-04-2012, 08:06 PM

On a HD, yeah someone will come up and say "nice bike.'

If you're on a Spyder, you'll be talking with them for at least ten minutes. nojoke

ARtraveler
01-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Nice information. Shows a very smart marketing department. Their shooting for the legend, the looks, etc. Do they have anything in the manual about the quality of the bike or other properties like that? I am not saying that HD has poor quality--so don't jump on that please.

RE: Yazz: Some of the people having the long conversations about my :spyder2: have actually been HD riders.

teadave
01-04-2012, 10:52 PM
my most frequent riding partner has a v-rod. out of the 50 or so people that actually said something to us this summer at a stop, only one zeroed in on his bike first. i think he has gotten jealous of the attention garnered by my spyder. i only say that because sometimes when getting gas, etc, he rides away before i am done talking to the admirers.

GloryRyders
01-05-2012, 06:39 AM
I doubt that BRP needs a manual on how to sell the :spyder:.................they sell themselves. :2thumbs:

dancogan
01-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Nice information. Shows a very smart marketing department. ...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: A lot of companies could learn a lesson from HD on how to market themselves or their products. After I bought a Sportster I gave a briefing to some members of upper management at the bank I worked at, explaining how effective their sales approach is and how they build customer loyalty. Unfortunately it was largely lost on management of the bank.

daveinva
01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Interesting stuff. Hardly unusual marketing advice- I'm sure that every bike and auto manufacturer has a manual that says something akin to this- but of course, those excerpts play right into the HD stereotype of it being all about the HD *culture*, and not the machine itself. Gotta love the bit about equipping them with official HD gear. ;)

Bob Denman
01-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Gee... Now I'm gonna have to go test out a Hawg and see if the Sales Dude sticks to the script... :shocked:

Smokinspyder
01-05-2012, 06:00 PM
They will say Nice Bike , until someone with a SPYDER comes alone then HD what ?

boborgera
01-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Gee... Now I'm gonna have to go test out a Hawg and see if the Sales Dude sticks to the script... :shocked:

Better not, You just might bring one home.
[The T/G, not the dude]:roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Better not, You just might bring one home.
:roflblack:

Nahhh... I had an ATC back in 1981... It didn't handle all that well... :D
Thanks for the warning though!

boborgera
01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Nahhh... I had an ATC back in 1981... It didn't handle all that well... :D
Thanks for the warning though!

I had two Big Red's, ATC's Are off road only.
Street Trikes have open differentials You'll be surprised how well they handle,
I know i was.:thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Back before I decided to trade my 2008 GS for the RTS--I did visit a HD dealer to look at the new TriGlide.

I drove my 2008 GS to the dealer--so they could see my trade--had I decided to buy the TriGlide.

I was treated very cool and standoffish by the sales staff. It was kind of like "What is your kind doing in here?"

I sat on the Tri-glide--and eventually someone came over and started it up for me. It was the plain jane black one. I did not like how it sounded or felt. The killer though was the price. They were asking $36,000. MSRP from the HD site was about $27,000 at that time--if memory serves me right.

I have not looked at or considered HD's since. Just did not like the vibes of the sales staff.

Bob Denman
01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
They can sometimes get their noses just a little bit too "skyward" at times... :gaah: