1030 AM Saturday, 28 January 2012

Freedom Motorsports
3102 Cobb Parkway Northwest
Kennesaw, GA 30144

Lat 34.030176°, Long -84.653320°

Agenda:
Logo
Shirts (color/style)
Spyderweb USA GA (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?33138-Spyderweb-USA-GA-Suggestions)
SpyderFest
Sponsorship

That should be enough to get y'all thinking. Other topics or questions, post here.

TuckMiddle
01-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Keith,

Hope you and I are not the only ones who plan to attend. Can two pass all the things we need to talk about?
We can seat 30 to 40 and they have more chairs.:clap:

Tuck

zrc
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Warning! I might drop in if the weather is good for a ryde. Not to crash your meeting, just to meet some people, Kennisaw isnt far, I live about 20 miles east of Chattanooga, would be a nice morning roll if it continues to be insanely warm.

Pennyrick
01-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Weather permitting, Penny and Rick will be there sometime before noon.

This colder weather has us feeling Wussy, so it will have to be in the sixties to bring us that far.

Yol Bolsun
01-05-2012, 06:14 PM
You are very welcome zrc.

MarkLawson
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Warning! I might drop in if the weather is good for a ryde. Not to crash your meeting, just to meet some people, Kennisaw isnt far, I live about 20 miles east of Chattanooga, would be a nice morning roll if it continues to be insanely warm.

Yeah, it's funny how he did that. He made several "recess" appointments while Congress is not in recess. This violates Article 2 othe US Constitution...

Oh, and I plan to attend.

Papa
01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
No room for politics on this forum.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

MikeinGA
01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Weather permitting, I'll be there with my better half. I don't mind the cold, but if it's cold and rainy makes for ice and thats not nice.

Mike

sewnonnie
01-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Since my better half will be there, I will be too;)

Pennyrick
01-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Keith,

Hope you and I are not the only ones who plan to attend. Can two pass all the things we need to talk about? Or, you can do a resolution like The President has done again this week. Keeps the paperwork and delays to a minimum that way.

We can seat 30 to 40 and they have more chairs.:clap:

Tuck

Tuck: I think you neglected to read Lamont's rules.

There will be Zero Tolerance for political post here.
All such post will be deleted without explanation. If you choose to ignore this rule repeatedly you may lose your membership on this site.

Yol Bolsun
01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey folks,

If the weather is bad, please cage it:lecturef_smilie:, we will. C U there?

TuckMiddle
01-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Tuck: I think you neglected to read Lamont's rules.

There will be Zero Tolerance for political post here.
All such post will be deleted without explanation. If you choose to ignore this rule repeatedly you may lose your membership on this site.

Must have been a weak moment. Thanks for reminding me.
:opps:
Tuck

EzeSpyderGA
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Greetings from Crandall, GA. My wife and I will try adn make the meeting. We are new to the Spyder world and would like to meet our GA neighbors.

Yol Bolsun
01-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Greetings from Crandall, GA. My wife and I will try adn make the meeting. We are new to the Spyder world and would like to meet our GA neighbors.

Welcome. Looking forward to having you join us.

GASpyderLady
01-06-2012, 11:52 PM
it will be perfect timing.. we can fight over.. i mean discuss the logos that Sarah has done. I met with her last night and she has done some great options. We can tweek the vector drawings (she did it that way to avoid copyright issues), she can add our ideas and we can go from there.

Yol Bolsun
01-07-2012, 03:44 AM
This could be entertaining. :popcorn::popcorn:

Any chance of posting teasers?

GASpyderLady
01-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Anyone know the area - or want to research to plan a couple of hour ride after the meeting? I am not volunteering but I will bring my cb and could ride sweep.

As for the logo 'teasers', Sarah is working on one more idea and we should have four options to see at the meeting. I am inclined to say wait until you get to see them all at once. We can pick an choose sections of the designs to come to an agreement. She is doing this gratis so I do not want to hit her with changes upon changes. The options will give us conversation and we can choose a direction.

If the weather looks bad for that day then I will post them - it is hard to understand what people want when communication is over email/pm's.

Joan

TuckMiddle
01-09-2012, 11:23 PM
If the weather is not to your liking, I sure hope everyone will either put on some rain gear or drive his/her cage. Keith has a lot to present to us and would like decisions about several items. The meeting is on the main floor, past the parts counter on the left. Very nice furniture and setting for meetings. Rug in the hallway is a little rough, coffee/oil or ? Meeting Room doorway is on the left, did I say that already? I'm trying to get LSU to score some points as I type. Doing poorly in both jobs! See y'all on the 28th about 10:29 AM.

I stopped by this Morning and everything is set for the 28th. They will have coffee and some kind of mid-morning snack. Maybe Harrison is going to make us some cookies - he didn't say what they'd have.
See you on the 28th.
Tuck:yes:

Hecam17
01-19-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm looking forward to this meetup, fingers crossed for good weather.

TuckMiddle
01-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Great, look forward to seeing you, rain or shine.:yes:
Tuck

Pennyrick
01-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Saturday January 28, 2012

http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/52/32.gif?12122006
Sunny
High
59°F

Precip
0%

Wind:
From SW at 7 mph

Humidity:
57%

UV Index:
4 Moderate

Sunrise:
7:39 AM ET

Avg. High:
53°F

Record High:
78°F (1999)

Yol Bolsun
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Rick, Thanks for the excellent weather posting. Got my fingers crossed. That would really nice to see.

jeromeb
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
I plan to attend with another RT rider from Columbus. My local touring club is headed for the motorcycle show in Atlanta. My friend and I plan to leave the group at the Beltway and attend the Spyder meeting.
Jerry

TuckMiddle
01-21-2012, 09:50 AM
That's great, we lkook forward to visiting with you and getting more input. If the wx is crummy. please drive a cage up, the more the merrier and the more ideas.

TuckMiddle
01-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Great question, how come Keith didn't think of that?? I'll check Monday. I sort of doubt it, but I'll let you know. The company I retired from had about 100 of these a week. I always thought we should include syncronized toe nail cutting, but never brought it up. :banghead:

Tuck

Yol Bolsun
01-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Is there a Dial in set up????????????????????????????????
Doc

This could be cool, I mean, we use them at work but I don't know that Georgia Spyder Riders has a budget for this kind of sophistication.

So, you want us to get Freedom Powersports to spring for a dial-in bridge? Presumptuous but we can ask. Tuck, can you run with this or should I call Harrison and see if they have this available? Doc, do you have a suggestion?

Problem with this is, we are just getting started and if this can work, why should we get together. Oh yeah, to ride. :D

TuckMiddle
01-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Keith,

You're the communications expert, why don't you ask Harrison? He's there until 6 on Saturdays. Doc was kidding, but if we can do it, why not. Just a speaker and the bridge would be better than not attending, by far. Ya never know what's around the next bend, so slow down a little and take a peak!! Did that on today's ride and it worked, big old pickup over the line. 150 miles with my BMW riding Doctor.:yes:

Tuck

MikeinGA
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey folks,

If the weather is bad, please cage it:lecturef_smilie:, we will. C U there?

What is cage it?

Mike

TuckMiddle
01-23-2012, 11:38 PM
"Cage"is the rude way to refer to your car. Weather actually looks like it might be pretty good.

MikeinGA
01-24-2012, 11:45 AM
"Cage"is the rude way to refer to your car. Weather actually looks like it might be pretty good.

Thanks Tuck.

Mike

MarkLawson
01-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Anyone heard from Cougar (Paul Smith) to see if he's coming?

Yol Bolsun
01-24-2012, 07:48 PM

Maybe you can help us understand the Patch/Shirt (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34626-Tennessee-Chapter-Patch-Shirts) process. I personally see CAT's stuff, while very attractive, a bit over the top.

Yol Bolsun
01-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Anyone heard from Cougar (Paul Smith) to see if he's coming?

Just sent him an email.

Yol Bolsun
01-25-2012, 06:01 PM

Sunny
High
59°F

Precip
0%

Wind:
From SW at 7 mph

Humidity:
57%

UV Index:
4 Moderate

Sunrise:

Avg. High:
53°F

Record High:
78°F (1999)

Rick's (DoubleTrouble) forecast is holding folks. If anything, it looks like it will be warmer:thumbup:.

Is there a Dial in set up????????????????????????????????
Doc

Not this time Doc. Harrison did say that if it looks like we will be Regulars, then they would likely try to get an extension into the "Club Room". (funny, I can picture your devilish grin when you put this pot out to be stirred :lecturef_smilie:)

zrc
01-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Rick's (DoubleTrouble) forecast is holding folks. If anything, it looks like it will be warmer:thumbup:.

Not this time Doc. Harrison did say that if it looks like we will be Regulars, then they would likely try to get an extension into the "Club Room". (funny, I can picture your devilish grin when you put this pot out to be stirred :lecturef_smilie:)

It is looking good that I will be rolling up in your meeting with my Gorgeous SO to hang too, then we are gonna be riding around the A - T - L.

Is your place your meeting capable of throwing down on a rotation and balance of my 2 front tires? That would be wicked Sweet.

Yol Bolsun
01-25-2012, 07:43 PM
It is looking good that I will be rolling up in your meeting with my Gorgeous SO to hang too, then we are gonna be riding around the A - T - L.

Is your place your meeting capable of throwing down on a rotation and balance of my 2 front tires? That would be wicked Sweet.

:2thumbs: but as to your rotation/balance :dontknow:, prolly best to give Freedom Powersports in Kennesaw (http://www.freedompowersports.net/) a call. I would let them know that you will be down for our meeting and ask if they can work it into that window.

TuckMiddle
01-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Call Jeff at 770-974-6000. He's the honcho and I'll bet he'd be glad to do that for you. I do stuff there on short (or no) notice all the time, so don't mention my name, he might hang up!!

They are very accommodating folks and very busy too. :clap:

Tuck

zrc
01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
I like these people, called today, and they said no problem, I dont even need to make an appointment.

Sweet and sexy :D

Wonder what else I could have them do... *ponder*

Spyderman_09
01-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Is it still on?

Yol Bolsun
01-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Is it still on?

Most definitely. Hope to see you there.:thumbup:

GASpyderLady
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I have some hard copies to show and tell. Yes, we can make adjustments. Looking forward to seeing what people think.

Different subject: have recently been looking for a piece of land/property with or without amenities, about an hour or so north of Atlanta, for retirement. PM me if you have any ideas.

Yol Bolsun
01-27-2012, 05:22 AM
Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 - Kennesaw, GA

Sunny High: 57°F

Precip: 0%
Wind: From WNW at 11 mph
Humidity: 57%
UV Index: 4 Moderate
Sunrise: 7:39 AM ET
Avg. High: 53°F
Record High: 78°F (1999)

spyder30517
01-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I should be there as well. Now if I can just find that cold weather gear ;-)
If too cold, i guess Ill be in the "cager"

Yol Bolsun
01-28-2012, 05:56 AM
Geogia Spyder Riders are on Freedom Powersports Events Calendar (http://www.freedompowersports.net/event_calendar.asp).

Yol Bolsun
01-28-2012, 06:34 AM

Sunny
High
59°F

Precip
0%

Wind:
From SW at 7 mph

Humidity:
57%

UV Index:
4 Moderate

Sunrise:

Avg. High:
53°F

Record High:
78°F (1999)

C Y'ALL there! (Ooops,:banghead: gotta make a dump run :lecturef_smilie:, THEN hit the road:trike:)

spyder30517
01-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Sadly that pesky work thing is getting in the way of being able to get to the meeting.:banghead:

The joys of owning you own business I suppose.

Hopefully we can get together for the ride to Spyderfest and Spyder owners meet if not sooner for a ride in the GA mountains

Spyderman_09
01-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Enjoyed meeting everyone. Looks like a great fun group. Bonnie & I cannot wait to ride with all of you. Tuck, thanks for setting this up and good to see you again. YO, thank you and your wife.
Spyderman_09:yes:

TuckMiddle
01-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks, 009, good to see you too.
I get teased a lot for being a deaf old guy who can't talk either. Such is life in the fast lane. Hearing is really a problem, because the worse it gets, the greater the acceleration of more hearing loss. The brain, what's left of it in my case, says to it's cells "guys, don't sweat it, we'll just get lazier and more complacent and ""stupid"" won't even realize it." Unfortunately that's very true. It's not always the volume, the actual recognition of spoken words slowly gets worse. Hope you guys had a good meeting today, I'm not complaining ref today at all, that's the way it's gotten for me and many older folks. I have had 4 sets of hearing aids in the last 18 years or so and the darn things are great, except it's as though they have their own "nanny", much like the bikes we know and love!! So, please don't think I'm not paying attention, I'm really trying to keep up. My kids and grand kids are use to my turning on the captions on every TV in their houses. Movie theaters are ok, they have surround sound, or what ever it is and the volume is pretty good for me, too loud for many! The V.A. hearing folks told me the next set will be sort of old fashion looking, but full of improvements. We'll see about that. I just tell folks to scream at me as though they are talking to their spouses. Works every time!! So does texting, rather than calling.
Bless you all and ride safely.
Tuck

Yol Bolsun
01-28-2012, 11:49 PM
My thanks to all for making this meeting of the Georgia Spyder Riders not only fun but productive too. Great seeing so many new faces ( if I can just remember the names) and many old ones (wait, that isn't quite right, or well, yeah it is ;)) as well.

A special thanks to Joan and to her artist friend for their work in helping us come up with a unique logo. Those who missed the meeting will see shortly.

Spyderman_09
01-29-2012, 10:28 AM
When does ones picture start being displayed with thier posts?

Yol Bolsun
01-29-2012, 02:30 PM

Need to pose that question to Lamonster. I do not remember.

Lamonster
01-29-2012, 02:53 PM

You loaded a profile pic, not an avatar. I fixed it :doorag:

Hecam17
01-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out and thank you to the folks who are spearheading the group as it grows.
Had a good time, great to see all the faces and check out the spyders. Looking forward to a group ride.

zrc
01-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Thank you all for having me and Sonja out to the meeting! I hope we didnt cause a ruckus! It was nice to meet several of you and we hope to ride with you soon!

You can see the Tennessee Shirt I designed below on the right side of my signature!

Spyderman_09
01-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks now there is another good looking guy here!:yes:

sewnonnie
01-31-2012, 05:21 AM
You can see the Tennessee Shirt I designed below on the right side of my signature!

I like the shirt. If we retire to NE Tennesseeas planned in about 4 years, maybe I can get one!!