PDA

View Full Version : New IL Law Notice on Red Lights

Macca
01-01-2012, 06:41 PM
RUN A RED LIGHT, BIKERS? YOU'RE OK
Motorcycles and bicycles, often not heavy enough to trigger sensors that switch traffic lights from red to green, will now be allowed to legally pass through that light after waiting two minutes. Previously, the riders would have had to wait for another vehicle to arrive at the traffic light to set off the sensor, as WJBC reports. The measure was sponsored by State Rep. Dan Beiser (D-Alton).

Unfortunately for Chicago riders, the statewide law does not apply within Chicago city limits.

CyncySpyder
01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
:yes::2thumbs::yes:

StriperKing
01-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Its a start.

SteveMac
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Good to know and a rare government good sense choice.

Arr MiHardies
01-01-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd think most cops would just recognize that if you waited your turn and never got it, they'd just let you go. Unless they are having a bad day.

SPYD1
01-01-2012, 09:25 PM
That's a good thing...they need to pass that common sense to their neighboring states.

Smokinspyder
01-01-2012, 09:30 PM
OMG Common sense coming from Springfield. HA HA .

JJW SpyderRider
01-01-2012, 10:42 PM
RUN A RED LIGHT, BIKERS? YOU'RE OK
Motorcycles and bicycles, often not heavy enough to trigger sensors that switch traffic lights from red to green, will now be allowed to legally pass through that light after waiting two minutes. Previously, the riders would have had to wait for another vehicle to arrive at the traffic light to set off the sensor, as WJBC reports. The measure was sponsored by State Rep. Dan Beiser (D-Alton).

Unfortunately for Chicago riders, the statewide law does not apply within Chicago city limits.

This is good to hear! Right now I have to go out of my way to avoid any left turns at lights because of the sensors which are not even marked will not trip around my house.