PDA

View Full Version : New Years Day ride, 3 GS's, and a Check Engine light

GA-SPYDER
01-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I ride with the Southern Cruisers. We did our anual ride today, perfect weather, about 76 degrees and sunshine.
Anyway, three of us :spyder2: owners pulled out at the back of the pack of 33 bikes and were waiting for the light to change. Friend pulled up next to me and said that her "check engine " light was on. told her to shut down and re-start, no problem. Looke down at mine, same problem. Looked at my digital volt meter and it was at 11.8 volts. Shut down and re-started, no problem. Looked back at the tailgunner and he signaled a problem. Got off and walked back to him and THE "CHECK ENGINE" LIGHT WAS ON!!!!
WTF? We rode about 90 miles to the destination, no problems. Is that just too strange?:yikes:

Carl

CyncySpyder
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Maybe you went thru an area with some type of electrical field that the computer didn't like & it threw the warning light, or maybe a solar flair :dontknow:
:pI honestly have no clue, but you know visitors are among us, right? :p

SteveMac
01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Aliens are among us.

arntufun
01-01-2012, 08:02 PM
This link will explain everything !!! Max out all your credit cards now.

http://www.2012officialcountdown.com/

boborgera
01-01-2012, 08:04 PM
All the exhaust fumes from the 33 bikes in front threw your oxygen sensors off. :dontknow:

Oldmanzues
01-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I ride with the Southern Cruisers. We did our anual ride today, perfect weather, about 76 degrees and sunshine.
Anyway, three of us :spyder2: owners pulled out at the back of the pack of 33 bikes and were waiting for the light to change. Friend pulled up next to me and said that her "check engine " light was on. told her to shut down and re-start, no problem. Looke down at mine, same problem. Looked at my digital volt meter and it was at 11.8 volts. Shut down and re-started, no problem. Looked back at the tailgunner and he signaled a problem. Got off and walked back to him and THE "CHECK ENGINE" LIGHT WAS ON!!!!
WTF? We rode about 90 miles to the destination, no problems. Is that just too strange?:yikes:

Carl
Your weather was a little better then ours with30 degrees with wind gusts up to 38 MPH. Only rode about 25 miles
Oldmanzues

Oldmanzues
01-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Aliens are among us.
A Star Wars Trooper was here a few weeks ago. I do not know if these are Friends or Foes.
Oldmanzues

mowin
01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
This link will explain everything !!! Max out all your credit cards now.

http://www.2012officialcountdown.com/

I'll send u the bill if It dont happen???:roflblack::roflblack: I do have your address after all:p