PDA

View Full Version : 2012, What's ahead?

retirednick
01-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Wishing all a Happy New Year, and wondering what's in store? I am missing my Spyder as it is in storage at the Dealer's and of course it is winter here in Alberta. Hope that spring comes early but I won't hold my breath on that one. Motorcycle show coming Jan 13, so much sitting on the 2012's will take place. Long range forcast calls for sunny skies and -9 so it is likely that some of the real hardy individuals will ride their bikes to the show, means free parking. Not enough spare change this year for any shiny bits, as the wife wanted to communicate while riding so bluetooth headsets had to be bought. Still not here yet but of course there was this thing called Christmas that gone in the way of the effiency of the two postal services. Hope everyone had a safe party and I look forward to visiting the board on a more regular basis.

fastfraser
01-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Happy New Years my Canadian Brother . The Spyders is in her nest since early Nov. We have about 5 inches of snow on the ground and calling for a high of -16 C on Monday. Next ryde is to Spyderfest in April.

Gordy
01-01-2012, 11:37 AM
happy new year canadian bros we have about 4 inches of snow and calling for +6c on tues normal would be about -25c to -35c getting a treat this year but lane is too slippery to get spydy out

redlightron
01-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Gee, I feel bad as I rode yesterday and it was 63 with clear skies and no wind but I live in the wine country of Sonoma County, CA. I don't think I could handle the weather where you folks live.:yes:

CyncySpyder
01-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I guess I'm like most & I get complacent with where we live & start bitch'n every year when Winter comes around, but after reading about your Winter (so far) it reminds me to be THANKFUL for how good we actually have it. Heck, Ted & I were out early this morning for our 1st ryde of 2012 & it was almost 50 & the sun even poked out for a bit & we haven't even seen snow yet this season so far.

Thank you for reminding me, we don't have it all that bad.

As you mentioned, I hope for your sanity's sake, that Spring comes early for you as well. I would need medication if I couldn't ryde all winter long :banghead: & Teddy would probably kick me outta the house nojoke