PDA

View Full Version : Need Zumo 660 Help

RAYYOU
12-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Installed Zumo 660 on RT today using BRP harness and mount. The only problem I have is
when I put the Gps in it base all of my audio except for the gps quits working until I remove
the Gps. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

CyncySpyder
12-29-2011, 10:37 PM
If your settings in your audio screen are set to Aux. then the only sound you should get is from your GPS, be it directions, MP3s or what have you. If you want the radio, you need to change your settings from AUX. to am/fm. Hope this helps.

RAYYOU
12-29-2011, 10:57 PM
I have tried all settings am/fm,iPod,weather,aux everything but nothing comes thu but gps.

dadof4
12-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Try turning the volume down on the GPS. I had a similiar problem when I hooked up my iphone with the TomTom GPS app. using the BRP harness. With the volume high on the iphone there was enough noise (hiss) from the phone to trick the Sypder electronics into thinking it was actual audio, muting the Spyder's audio.

ThreeWheels
12-30-2011, 01:48 AM
The GPS has the highest priority in the audio system.

In other words, when a signal comes through the GPS connection, everything else mutes so you hear the instructions, and the audio comes back on when the signal from the GPS stops. It would seem the audio system is functioning correctly.

I would concentrate on what could be causing the signal from the GPS.

Do you have the GPS playing any MP3s ? If you play MP3s through the GPS that's ALL you will hear. Even the intercom is muted.

Try leaving the GPS in the cradle but turn the unit off from the power button.
If the audio is still muting, I'd look for some kind of a short circuit connection, either in the GPS harness, the GPS connector to the Spyder, or perhaps in the GPS itself.

If the audio plays with the GPS off, and then mutes when you turn the GPS back on, then I'd try to find out what kind of signal the GPS is putting out. Either MP3s or instructions. You may have it playing MP3s on a very low volume. The Music volumet can be separate from the instructions. If it's not playing any audible instructions, there may be something wrong with the GPS.

Of course, as always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.

RAYYOU
12-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Thanks guys,
I will try your suggestions when I get moving this morning.

RAYYOU
12-30-2011, 11:16 AM
I have no mp3s loaded into gps. If I turn the gps off music plays and the only other way to get
radio to play with gps on is to unplug the audio cable in the gps harness. It does make a hissing
sound when the gps is plugged in and turned on. I turned the gps volume all the way down and
also muted it and still no radio.

RAYYOU
01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Not sure what I did but I put the GPS on another Spyder the other day and it worked fine.
Then I moved it back to mine and it has worked correctly since. It may have been a setting in
the GPS, but not sure. Just hope it keeps working.

NancysToy
01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Not sure what I did but I put the GPS on another Spyder the other day and it worked fine.
Then I moved it back to mine and it has worked correctly since. It may have been a setting in
the GPS, but not sure. Just hope it keeps working.
Sounds like you had a dirty or wet connection.

RAYYOU
01-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks Scotty, I will keep that in mind if it happens again.