PDA

View Full Version : Floorboards

Fonz
12-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Trying to find the best floorboards out thre for my Rt ltd. Need some info from you veterans out there.
Are pegs just as good as floorboards ?:doorag:

stillriding
12-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Trying to find the best floorboards out thre for my Rt ltd. Need some info from you veterans out there.

I've had Seal floorboards on my RT for over a year and I love being able to move my feet around.

arntufun
12-30-2011, 07:53 AM

It really depends on which oil you use and what octane gas you put in your Spyder. :joke: There are quite a few options out there but it's what you like that counts. If you are attending Spyderfest, sit on other peoples Spyder while your there and figure out what is more comfy for you and in your price range.

You do not need permission to sit on other peoples Spyder while they are not around it. :roflblack: If you still can't find what you like there is always this option......http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34364-New-Floorboard-Company-!&highlight=floorboard+company

NorthStar
12-30-2011, 08:04 AM
I removed the stock pegs and mounted ISCI floorboards last year at Spyderfest. Did the install in the parking lot of the Super 8.

I was looking for a floorboard that would drop my foot position lower (1 1/2") and allow me to move my feet around a bit. They are adjustable and I found angling them slightly downward at the toe worked best for me.

I am waiting to see how Lamont's highway pegs work out and may buy a set and install them while down at Spyderfest in April. Currently I have a set of scuff guard protectors on my scuff guards and rest my foot on these if I have the need to stretch out a bit.

I believe there will be a number of floorboard vendors at Spyderfest and I suggest that you take the opportunity to sit on other RTs that have the different mounts so you can best judge what meets your specific needs. Buying boards or highway pegs without having had the opportunity to check them out for personal fit is a &%^$ shoot at best, and can be an expensive mistake.

Hope this helps.

fastfraser
12-30-2011, 08:15 AM
I've used highway pegs on my RS and now on my RTS for over 36,000 miles . I find there is lots of adjustment for different feet placement, they are easy to install, they are not bulky and they don't cost a lot . I use Kwelmetal brackets and the Kuryakyn widow pegs and adaptors. I think I have about 300 bucks into them. If I had money to burn I would get the fiberglass running boards from a company in Quebec that used to be a site sponsor, think they went for about 1800 unpainted. Also Seal Floorboards from Spyderpops has floorboards that lots of owners have installed.

Bob Denman
12-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Now I put ISCI's boards on my RT. The Seals are also a good choice though...
The advantage to the ISCI boards is that there is some vertical adjustment in their mounting; you can tinker with the fit a little bit...

wyliec
12-30-2011, 08:28 AM
I just noticed today another site sponsor with foot rests:

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/it.A/id.922/.f

JCSMOKE
12-30-2011, 08:43 AM
You do not need permission to sit on other peoples Spyder while they are not around it. :roflblack: If you still can't find what you like there is always this option......http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34364-New-Floorboard-Company-!&highlight=floorboard+company

:agree: and if they have an IPS on the bike consider that an invitation to start it up and rev the engine a bit, but leave a business card on the ground if you decide to take it for a spin to see how the floorboards feel on the road:joke:

Bob Denman
12-30-2011, 09:56 AM
:lecturef_smilie: You and Randy are bound to start something here... :roflblack: But his "2xfloors" are another option for the chainsaw set! :thumbup:

wyliec
12-30-2011, 10:12 AM
:lecturef_smilie: You and Randy are bound to start something here... :roflblack: But his "2xfloors" are another option for the chainsaw set! :thumbup:

You mean like shewolf; just had to say that, Bob.

effgjamis
12-30-2011, 10:28 AM
I have the Madstad FOOTRESTS... and I am sold... of course I had the proto type and now have the production one's.... It might be unfair for me to say I love them and those who have them already kinda feel the same as I.:clap:.

Wheeler~
12-30-2011, 10:45 AM
I have the Madstad FOOTRESTS... and I am sold... of course I had the proto type and now have the production one's.... It might be unfair for me to say I love them and those who have them already kinda feel the same as I.:clap:.
:thumbup: :2thumbs: Although I still have the prototype which I like a lot more.

JCSMOKE
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM

We are not trying to start something here. We are simply giving out friendly advice to those who need it, and if we happen to be sitting at one of the spyderfest activities and enjoying a beverage and someone happens to take our advice (while we are watching mind you) all the better for the memories of the event later on. but surely you can't be saying that we are being malicious in our advice since I would expect to have you near by while the said beverages where being had.:D

Bob Denman
12-30-2011, 10:57 AM
I would NEVER accuse anybody of something malicious... "Impish" maybe... :roflblack:

As for SheWolf... The Lady is MORE than capable of fighting her own battles! :thumbup:
She invited Randy and I out there; but I'd be chicken to show up at her house unannounced! (She's got one HUGE saw!) :shocked:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_4_132.gif

JCSMOKE
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM
I would NEVER accuse anybody of something malicious... "Impish" maybe... :roflblack:

Fair point but you won't be saying that while you are looking like a beer fountain the first time this happens out there, I think you will be saying "pure genius".:popcorn:

tobor9
12-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I have Seals on my RS and love them, lots of room to move my feet and I like using my heel to brake,great product:yes:

Bob Denman
12-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Fair point but you won't be saying that while you are looking like a beer fountain the first time this happens out there, I think you will be saying "pure genius".:popcorn:
:2thumbs:

fastfraser
12-30-2011, 12:35 PM

As for She Wolf... The Lady is MORE than capable of fighting her own battles! :thumbup:
She invited Randy and I out there; but I'd be chicken to show up at her house unannounced! (She's got one HUGE saw!) :shocked:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_4_132.gif

Actually SheWolf has a few Chainsaws. Wouldn't that make it a huge set of Chainsaws :dontknow: Getting back on topic. How sold are the Madstad ? Can you put your body weight on them ? Do they have to come off for an oil change ?

Bob Denman
12-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I was only mentioning the one BIG one... but you can never have too many! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
12-30-2011, 01:07 PM
I purchased Seal Floorboards for my RTS last summer. I am very happy with them. They spiff up the looks of the RTS and there is plenty of room to move your feet around to shift riding position on those longer trips.

sealfloorboards
12-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome aboard:thumbup: At the sounding biased, I would invite your to check out my website. Also, we are in the last two days of my Free Freight Christmas offer. Whatever your choice.............

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards