PDA

View Full Version : My hubby putting our Scala rider G4 in our helmets!

Lady Macca
12-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Check out the photo

T-Spyder
12-28-2011, 09:20 PM
We use them and they are great! Enjoy :thumbup:

KCPete
12-28-2011, 09:47 PM
We've got a set of those and like them, too! The only thing we ended up changing was to order the 'flat' microphone kits to replace the boom mikes for our full-face helmets...I was getting tired of nearly eating the foam on the boom!
I see you're from Lake Zurich...I grew up in the little town of Union just off US 20 to the west of there. :yikes: (I just realized how long ago that was..)

Enjoy the Spyder!!

Lady Macca
12-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the tip KCPete

bone crusher
12-28-2011, 10:16 PM
We've got a set of those and like them, too! The only thing we ended up changing was to order the 'flat' microphone kits to replace the boom mikes for our full-face helmets...I was getting tired of nearly eating the foam on the boom!
I see you're from Lake Zurich...I grew up in the little town of Union just off US 20 to the west of there. :yikes: (I just realized how long ago that was..)

Enjoy the Spyder!!

totally agree...ordered the flat one...works fine...darn thing doesn't always like my zumo 550 and iphone, but hitting a few buttons on the zumo usually gets the syncing to work well...

Lady Macca
12-28-2011, 10:18 PM
After looking at ours... I think we have the flat mic?? Are yours an older model?

NancysToy
12-28-2011, 10:26 PM
After looking at ours... I think we have the flat mic?? Are yours an older model?
From the picture, you have boom mikes. This is appropriate for an open face, modular, or flip-front helmet without a fixed front chin piece.

fastfraser
12-29-2011, 06:00 AM
I see you have the Scorpion EXO 900 ! Beauty helmet ! We had the same set-up until we went with the CB unit. The only small problem we encountered was that when you put the flip up down you have to reposition the boom mike as it always seemed to get caught on the flexible fabric chin guard. Love the drop down sun visor although wished it came down a bit further .

Macca
12-29-2011, 08:16 AM
I see you have the Scorpion EXO 900 ! Beauty helmet ! We had the same set-up until we went with the CB unit. The only small problem we encountered was that when you put the flip up down you have to reposition the boom mike as it always seemed to get caught on the flexible fabric chin guard. Love the drop down sun visor although wished it came down a bit further .

Your right about the chin guard, I do see that a bit of a hassel. We do love the Scorpion 900's.

Bob Denman
12-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Microphones... :shocked: I'm hearing that they have one that fits better under the "full buckets"?? :thumbup: Do you know if they offer the packages with that one, or is it another "option" that I'll need to start lobbying for? :D

Sonrisa
12-29-2011, 10:03 AM
From Bone Crusher
totally agree...ordered the flat one...works fine...darn thing doesn't always like my zumo 550 and iphone, but hitting a few buttons on the zumo usually gets the syncing to work well...

I too sometimes have a problem with sync of my phone and headphones. Seems sometimes when I make or receive a call the headphones loose connection with my 550. After trying to resync sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Usually I have to turn off the 550 and restart. Others have this problem?:banghead:

Lamonster
12-29-2011, 10:51 AM
From Bone Crusher

I too sometimes have a problem with sync of my phone and headphones. Seems sometimes when I make or receive a call the headphones loose connection with my 550. After trying to resync sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Usually I have to turn off the 550 and restart. Others have this problem?:banghead:I have trouble pairing mine with my wife's helmet every time we use them. Seems like we work on it for about 5 min. before we give up, sometimes they will pair as we're going down the road and sometimes they never pair up. By rights you should only have to pair them once but that hasn't been the case for us. :dontknow:

Macca
12-29-2011, 11:11 AM
From Bone Crusher

I too sometimes have a problem with sync of my phone and headphones. Seems sometimes when I make or receive a call the headphones loose connection with my 550. After trying to resync sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Usually I have to turn off the 550 and restart. Others have this problem?:banghead:

I'm assuming what everyone is referring to as the "flat mic" is in fact the corded or non-boom mic that can be velcro'd to the inside of a full face helmet.

According to Cardo's website there is a corded package, have but as for searching who has them, nothing comes up. The corded accessory is about 40.00

The first thing I did was to make sure the G4's software is up to date.
By upgrading the software I'm hoping I wont have the connection problems that some of you are having. If you haven't updated your software there are a few new features. The latest software is 3.0

Of course I have yet to test them in the real world.

Pennyrick
12-29-2011, 11:12 AM
I have trouble pairing mine with my wife's helmet every time we use them. Seems like we work on it for about 5 min. before we give up, sometimes they will pair as we're going down the road and sometimes they never pair up. By rights you should only have to pair them once but that hasn't been the case for us. :dontknow:

Lamont:

We have used the Scala sets for over a year and initially had the same pairing problem you cited as well as some battery life problems. I returned them to Cardo Systems and here is what they did.... They had the sets for just a week and promptly returned them at no cost to us.

Dear Rick:

I received and upgraded your 2nd G4 to the 3.0 firmware version (see attachment for the release notes). On the 1st G4 you have sent me I did 2 tests: 18 hours with a phone and 18 hours on an open intercom chat and it held the charge for that long.
The 1st G4 has also passed electric tests and manual functional tests and found to be fully functional.
Both of the units got upgraded to 3.0 and will be shipped to you tomorrow.

Regrads,
Eyal Knaany
scala rider Service Technician

Cardo Systems, Inc.
100 High Tower Blvd. Suite 101
Pittsburgh, PA 15205

Toll Free: 1-800-488-0363
International: +4989 450 36819
Phone: 412-788-4533
Fax: 412-788-0270

eyal.knaany@cardosystems.com