PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal flash

OneBadPenny
12-21-2011, 06:41 PM
I am completely stumped at this point. I mounted new GIVI bags and of course the turn signals on the back are too long. I did not like the look of the GIVI light relocation mounts onto the back fender so i got new lights for there. Here is the stumper. I went from a stock 10W bulb to a 23W bulb and getting a fast flash on the lights, this is only supposed to happen on LED's due to lower amp draws. I installed 25W 6ohm resistors from StreetFX and no luck. Went to Fry's and got bigger ohm resistors and still no luck. According to my calcs I should be using .69amps for the stock bulb and 1.59amps for the new bulb. am I missing something here or is my brain fried from thinking too much and should just leave things alone? If its heavy equipment I can fix it but when it comes to electrical I am lost. HELP!!!!!

boborgera
12-21-2011, 07:03 PM
I am completely stumped at this point. I mounted new GIVI bags and of course the turn signals on the back are too long. I did not like the look of the GIVI light relocation mounts onto the back fender so i got new lights for there. Here is the stumper. I went from a stock 10W bulb to a 23W bulb and getting a fast flash on the lights, this is only supposed to happen on LED's due to lower amp draws. I installed 25W 6ohm resistors from StreetFX and no luck. Went to Fry's and got bigger ohm resistors and still no luck. According to my calcs I should be using .69amps for the stock bulb and 1.59amps for the new bulb. am I missing something here or is my brain fried from thinking too much and should just leave things alone? If its heavy equipment I can fix it but when it comes to electrical I am lost. HELP!!!!!

Are the front signals working:dontknow:

OneBadPenny
12-21-2011, 07:35 PM
ALL of the lights are flashing at a fast rate. With the key off and time for the computer to shut down the hazards will run at the normal slow rate. Turn the key on and the rate goes to fast.

Campverdefela
12-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't think adding any resister would help. The nanny is very sensitive to any changes to the turn signals. I would go with one of the aftermarket led turn signal conversions offered by a few advertisers on this site.

OneBadPenny
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Decided to go with stock turn signals and additional brake light on a mount I built in about an hour with the GIVI mounts modified and welded on.

SpydherLuv
12-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Nice job Mo - looks good! :thumbup:

sandrunr1
12-23-2011, 04:20 PM
You have got to be kidding. Spyders have turn signals? I thought those lites were for making texters see me better. Ok, I knew but I dont have a lot of time to turn on the signals and I usally honk my horn.:roflblack:

boborgera
12-23-2011, 04:28 PM
You have got to be kidding. Spyders have turn signals? I thought those lites were for making texters see me better. Ok, I knew but I dont have a lot of time to turn on the signals and I usally honk my horn.:roflblack:

The use of turn signals are optional in New Jersey :rolleyes:

MMcc
12-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I pointed to the rear turn signals on a new MB coupe to my driver in China. He shook his head and replied "simply decorations":banghead::banghead: