PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Amp...Where to mount???

smartin436
12-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi All,
I'm looking for idea's on where to mount my Alpine KTP445 amp. Weather is forecast to be bad all week here on the gulf coast and would like to get my mods done. Also will be mounting some LED's from tricled, relocating my XM radio antenna, installing a green air filter, installing a Stebel horn, shorty antenna, a power outlet up front, polk audio speakers, and putting the finishing touches on mama's armrests.
Was thinking about mounting amp next to the owners manual in the frunk, behind the liner but not sure if it would get too hot or not. Also if the frunk would need to be removed one day, would have to disconnet alot of wires. Idea's????

Merry Christmas.......Steve and Heidi

Sopher
12-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Can you give me details on how you wire up this Amp. I have it, but was unsuccessful in getting the sound to come out.

Specifics please!

smartin436
12-22-2011, 02:55 PM
PM sent

Can you give me details on how you wire up this Amp. I have it, but was unsuccessful in getting the sound to come out.

Specifics please!

Questions
12-22-2011, 03:20 PM
if you like look at the picture i have posted of my amp and mods if your intrested on what i did i'll explain for ya if this is what your looking for...:doorag:

PM sent

smartin436
12-22-2011, 10:38 PM
i mounted mine today but would love to c how you did it.

if you like look at the picture i have posted of my amp and mods if your intrested on what i did i'll explain for ya if this is what your looking for...:doorag:

SteveMac
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
i mounted mine today but would love to c how you did it.

WAZZZZUP Steve!

I would love to see how you did it also. The wiring and also the mounting.
Did you use the stock speakers or go with some aftermarket, and how do you rate the improvement in sound? So many questions, so little time. ;)

Hope you are doing well. Tell Miss Heidi HI from us! Wish we could be down there with you all now. Your weather can't be any nastier than it is here. I am starting to feel like I live in London. Cool, foggy and damp. YUK.

kinggeek
12-23-2011, 08:54 AM
WAZZZZUP Steve!

I would love to see how you did it also. The wiring and also the mounting.
Did you use the stock speakers or go with some aftermarket, and how do you rate the improvement in sound? So many questions, so little time. ;)

Hope you are doing well. Tell Miss Heidi HI from us! Wish we could be down there with you all now. Your weather can't be any nastier than it is here. I am starting to feel like I live in London. Cool, foggy and damp. YUK.

Donesn't really explan much but found this in his gallery.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1272&attachmentid=26655

I would love to know exactly how/where connections wer made? Thinking about doing new speakers but heard mixed reviews. Some say an amp is really needed to make a big difference on the RT not just speakers.

SteveMac
12-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Donesn't really explan much but found this in his gallery.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1272&attachmentid=26655

I would love to know exactly how/where connections wer made? Thinking about doing new speakers but heard mixed reviews. Some say an amp is really needed to make a big difference on the RT not just speakers.

Yeah, that is a wild setup, but it isn't Smartins! Not unless he has painted that Red Beast of his!
I wouldn't want the subwoofer, just the amp and better speakers.

Forrest and I were just discussing this and I am going to have to dig into it some more but it would seem that installing a small amp (which is all I would want) should be pretty easy once a schematic is available. I am just too chicken to experiment on mine right now! Besides, I don't have heat in my shop yet...:shocked:

smartin436
12-23-2011, 10:50 AM

I mounted it up high in the right side saddle bag. It's right under the radio unit. Check out the link for some info on the wiring...http://www.justanswer.com/car-electronics/47a86-alpine-ktp-445-amp-want-hard-wire.html

Some of the speaker wire colors are not what's called industry standard. Check you manual for a diagram.

How does it sound?????? I went from the stock speaker to polk audio speakers and the amp in one jump. I wish that I had spent some time with just the speakers, then added the amp, that way I would know how the amp improved the sound......It is way louder than stock, the sound quality is better but not as good as I had expected. The front speaker will rumble when I have the bass up above 6 on the dash settings. I put a 1 inch hole in the front speaker boxes to allow them to breath and this seemed to help.
I have not been out on the road with it since the upgade. I'll post an update when I do.

Steve

smartin436
12-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Nope, she is still red!!!

Yeah, that is a wild setup, but it isn't Smartins! Not unless he has painted that Red Beast of his!

Forrest and I were just discussing this and I am going to have to dig into it some more but it would seem that installing a small amp (which is all I would want) should be pretty easy once a schematic is available. I am just too chicken to experiment on mine right now! Besides, I don't have heat in my shop yet...:shocked:

Bob Denman
12-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Is there room in the top trunk behind the front panel to mount these amps? One of our folks here put an air compressor setup in there... :dontknow:

kinggeek
12-23-2011, 12:20 PM

The picture link I posted was to Lizzard's gallery.