PDA

View Full Version : Lamont, you big dummy

Lamonster
12-16-2011, 02:59 PM
That's right, I'm a big dummy. The other day I was working on the RT and set my iphone down on the back seat and later decided to go for a little ride. The ride was great but when I pulled into my driveway I noticed something out of the corner of my eye that didn't look like it was suppose to be there. I didn't think about it again till I started to take my gear off and then I realized I didn't have my phone.
:yikes:

I called it and it went right to voicemail. I knew that what I saw in the driveway was my iphone 4. Sure enough I went back and there it was. :( :banghead: :mad:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38233&d=1324064689

As you can see the back was pretty smashed up but the front looks fine and works fine but it was damaged goods so I went on the hunt for a iphone 4s. That was a story in itself but I got it and I got to tell you I love it. I use the Siri all the time and it works pretty darn good. You can start an email and speak your message and send it without touching a button. You can even tell it to set your alarm and it will do that. I love it. My signal is better with this phone too and the camera takes great pics. All in all I'm sort of happy it happened because I never would have bought this phone otherwise.

I did buy a LifeProof case for it and installed it today. My other phone would have been fine if I had one of those to start with.
nojoke
http://www.lifeproof.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DngKjJJyN7o

BikerDoc
12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Some people will go to almost any end to get to upgrade to iPhone 4S

dancogan
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
OUCH. That's one ugly, broken iPhone! I wouldn't have thought the new case was worth the money if I hadn't watched the video. But considering the cost of a new phone the case is a bargain! :thumbup:

dave01
12-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Rumor has it that it took 3 tries of going forward and backing up till you got the rear tire to hit it. Any truth to this? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Lamonster
12-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Rumor has it that it took 3 tries of going forward and backing up till you got the rear tire to hit it. Any truth to this? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::p:lecturef_smili e:

docdoru
12-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Time for the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Galaxy Nexus :thumbup:

Lamonster
12-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Did you get a white one to match your Spyder?

I just can't do white on a phone Bro, I went black.

Can't keep up with all those droids, never know what droid is the best from week to week. I'll stick with the best. :p

NancysToy
12-16-2011, 05:00 PM
If it makes you feel better, I did the same thing with a camera when we left for the Owners Event in Chicago. The smashed camera was right there in the driveway when we came home...waiting patiently. I feel your pain!

dave01
12-16-2011, 05:21 PM

Sorry Doc, I dont think this would have survived getting run over either.

Lamonster
12-16-2011, 05:25 PM
More good news. I ordered a replacement glass with the outer band for 10 bucks so my wife will be getting my old phone to replace her 3G :thumbup:

ARtraveler
12-16-2011, 05:33 PM
glad everything worked out in the end. :thumbup:

docdoru
12-16-2011, 05:44 PM
I'll stick with the best. :p
I see.... :p

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/iphone_4_overheating-333x500.jpg?t=1278421408

Lamonster
12-16-2011, 05:47 PM

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/iphone_4_overheating-333x500.jpg?t=1278421408

Never seen that screen Doc but keep digging, I'm sure you'll talk me right out of the iPhone if you post enough pics :roflblack: :popcorn:
:crackpipe:

Bob Denman
12-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Can't keep up with all those droids, never know what droid is the best from week to week. I'll stick with the best. :p

He thanks you... :clap:

Bob Denman
12-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Just remember....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzcWPKAv2Ow

MarkLawson
12-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Lamont, you big... Oh, never mind, it's already been covered.

Lamonster
12-17-2011, 09:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTrthePKU0

SpyderAnn01
12-17-2011, 10:35 AM
There is a commercial where a fly is pestering a man, who has to choose between his phone and something else. He chooses his phone, whips it at the fly, and it explodes on impact on the wall. His wife comes in, and he says "time to go phone shopping"!
Lamont, been watching any tv lately??????

Lamonster
12-17-2011, 11:15 AM
There is a commercial where a fly is pestering a man, who has to choose between his phone and something else. He chooses his phone, whips it at the fly, and it explodes on impact on the wall. His wife comes in, and he says "time to go phone shopping"!
Lamont, been watching any tv lately??????I honestly didn't want a new phone, I was holding out for the iPhone 5.

bullant12
12-17-2011, 11:26 AM

The only time I've gotten the temperature warning on my phone is leaving it in the car all day after a hot summer day (95+), and once you are with the A/C full blast the warning goes away in 3-4 minutes.

dave01
12-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Original IPhone = original Droid 1
Iphone2=Droid2
Iphone3=DroidX
Iphone4=Droid X2
Iphone???=Droid Charge
Iphone???=Droid Bionic
Iphone ???= Droid Razr

I think Iphone has some catching up to do...LOL

Lamonster
12-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Original IPhone = original Droid 1
Iphone2=Droid2
Iphone3=DroidX
Iphone4=Droid X2
Iphone???=Droid Charge
Iphone???=Droid Bionic
Iphone ???= Droid Razr

I think Iphone has some catching up to do...LOLThe way I see it you can't keep up with the Droid changing "whats hot" every other month. I tried to like the Droid but it's clunky compared to the iphone. I don't bother with trying to convert anyone to iphone, I just smile and know I got something that will do everything I need to do and do it well. I can buy any phone I want just like you, I choose the iphone. :doorag:

dave01
12-17-2011, 11:49 AM
LOL, I actually like the Iphone too and now Verizon has them. HMMMMMMM

boborgera
12-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Only a phone, It could be worst.
Look at the Yahoos who left their baby in a carrier on the roof of their car and drove off. It was Lucky the child wasn't hurt.:pray: The car behind was able to stop in time.

JCSMOKE
12-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Lamont you can ask Siri a bunch of questions. Try this one. "I need to hide some bodies"
There are a bunch of them just check the inter webs

Yol Bolsun
12-18-2011, 03:43 AM
But can Siri help work on a Spyder?

Bob Denman
12-18-2011, 09:36 AM
A question or two about "Tupperware removal" should make its capabilities known... :gaah:

SpyderLady
12-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Just picked up an iPhone 4. Love it but taking a bit of time to figure out how to do all it can do,but eat new toy. Had to have something to play with until I get the new bike next week

vt228
01-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I can fix that phone if you want it fixed

kentompkins
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I did buy a LifeProof case for it and installed it today. My other phone would have been fine if I had one of those to start with.
nojoke

I'm a bit unclear about whether you can charge the phone when it is in the Lifeproof case? Also, can you use ear buds with it when it is in the case?

ken tompkins

murphybrown
01-15-2012, 04:39 PM
nojoke

I'm a bit unclear about whether you can charge the phone when it is in the Lifeproof case? Also, can you use ear buds with it when it is in the case?

ken tompkins

Yes to both...I love my case...tried it as an underwater camera (intentionally!!)..WORKS!!!

SteveMac
01-15-2012, 05:01 PM
nojoke

ken tompkins

Yes to both.

Due to the waterproof nature, lifeproof sells a screw in pigtail with an o-ring that allows you to hook up earbuds, headphones, or connect to the 3.5mm connector for the Spyder tunes. Also the charger works fine with one caviat, the authentic apple chargers work best due to the plug size and even they are a tight fit. But all works fine. Love my lifeproof cover!!

Firefly
01-16-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm now on my 3rd iphone and I really love them-- especially since I'm on Verizon now. Got the lifeproof case and it's pretty darn cool-- but I usually only use it when on the Spyder--- use a different case other times-- but will probably end up just using it all the time...

I had a 3GS... then a 4.... then got that stolen and got another 4 covered under 'warranty'...

Note about the warranties they sell for the iphone........

They charge like $10..... and if it breaks or you lose it you can get another phone 'free' after the deductible. The deductible was a whopping $179.00 !!! I just about freaked out consideirng the phone only cost me $200 to begin with!

The insurance company was a third party company called Asurion--- and they were rude and a pain to deal with. Told me they could mail me a phone-- and it might be refurbished, used, similar model, etc.... I was steamed as I was going on vacation the next morning.

So the next morning I went to the local Verizon store and raised some hell. They made an exception and got a me NEW phone on the spot--- but I still had to pay the $180 deductible.... otherwise it would have been $700 !

I cancelled the plan on the new phone and am just more careful now. They also limit you to 2 claims per year.

Considering you can upgrade to a new phone every 2 years --- I just don't see paying $10 a month ($240 total -- plus however many deductibles @ $180 each) to be worth it. If it wasn't for the outrageous deductible then it wouldn't be so bad.

I've played with the droids too-- and they just don't have the smoothness of the iphone-- just seem clunky-- and with all the different versions each running different versions of the OS --- you can run into problems with compatibility.

I like my iphone so much I got an ipad too--- love them both!

Lamonster
01-16-2012, 07:13 AM
:agree: with everything you said. The insurance is a joke for sure. I took my Lifecase off for now because it reduces the sound quality when I shoot video with it on and I shoot a lot of video.

I feel the exact same way about the Droid and the iPhone. As much as I think there are some really cool Droids out there they just don't operate the same and I can't keep up with what's the hot phone at the time. At least I can tell when I have the best phone out with the iPhone. :doorag: