PDA

View Full Version : 2ND ANNUAL ONTARIO ROADSTER RALLY

NorthStar
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Just a heads up to Ontario Spyder Ryders.

BRP are hosting their annual Ontario Spyder Rally on June 22, 23, 24th in Niagara Falls Ontario.

If it is anything like last year, if you don't register quickly you will be out of luck.

Here is a link to the site if you want to submit your registration early.

http://roadsterrally.weebly.com/

H (http://roadsterrally.weebly.com/)ope to see you there.

fastfraser
12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey North Star

Got the heads up from Marker . Only 250 spots first come. Just made the cutoff last year and it was a blast. Won best in show (200 bucks and a BRP Caliber Jacket) Spyder Steve won 2nd prize. Niagara Falls area has some great roads ( Niagara PKWY into Niagara on the Lake ) Hope to see you and the Misses there. Well organized, they had us leave on a 7-8 hour ride in groups of 20-25 Spyders spaced about 15 mins apart and one of the dealer sprang for lunch at there dealership. Also had a type of poker run where on your way to the rally you stopped at 3 dealers on the way there and 2 business in the area, turned there business cards in for a poker hand . BRP handed out goodie bags and GE picked up the tab for a 4 course dinner and a drink of a sociable nature and the best part only 1 1/2 hours away.

RydeOnThree
01-02-2012, 01:14 PM
:thumbup: Got my notice from my dealer. Sounds like a good time. Will be regestering this week.

flamingobabe
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Can USA Spyder Ryders attend?

fastfraser
01-02-2012, 03:37 PM
All are welcome . Spots fill quickly as does the hotel .

Marker
01-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Just a heads up to Ontario Spyder Ryders.

BRP are hosting their annual Ontario Spyder Rally on June 22, 23, 24th in Niagara Falls Ontario.

If it is anything like last year, if you don't register quickly you will be out of luck.

Here is a link to the site if you want to submit your registration early.

http://roadsterrally.weebly.com/

H (http://roadsterrally.weebly.com/)ope to see you there.

Spyder Steve let me know :bowdown::firstplace:. Last year was an awesome event :thumbup:. I am really looking forward to this years event:yes:. Watch room prices as the rooms with a view of the falls cost more.

SPYDERGUY1
01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
OMG, this would be AWESOME, long drive from ALBERTA tho, just did the tour 2011, with truck trailer and lovely wife ( 25th anniversary ). Perhaps another time.:opps: P.S. Spyder was with us as well. Thank god ( ran out of fuel northern Ontario ) Damn 911, has screwed tourism big time, fuel stations that used to be there are now vacant/abandoned. Thanks to the OPP for stopping and making the snarky comment , GUESS YOU DID NOT FILL UP AT THE SIOUX, Had lot's of fuel if the stations were still there ( still showed on the GPS ). All in all was still a good trip tho.

Marker
01-02-2012, 10:06 PM
OMG, this would be AWESOME, long drive from ALBERTA tho, just did the tour 2011, with truck trailer and lovely wife ( 25th anniversary ). Perhaps another time.:opps: P.S. Spyder was with us as well. Thank god ( ran out of fuel northern Ontario ) Damn 911, has screwed tourism big time, fuel stations that used to be there are now vacant/abandoned. Thanks to the OPP for stopping and making the snarky comment , GUESS YOU DID NOT FILL UP AT THE SIOUX, Had lot's of fuel if the stations were still there ( still showed on the GPS ). All in all was still a good trip tho.

Sorry to hear about your Northern Ontario Fuel Shortage. We found from snowmobiling in northern Ontario is that many of the stations have closed we were told by locals is that the cost of trucking the fuel has been a big factor . The area where the Rally will be held has some great scenery and lots of good riding.

SpyderSteve
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Can USA Spyder Ryders attend? Y'all are more then welcome to come up, I am sure us Ontario Spyder Riders will find some time to show you around Southern Ontario :thumbup:

arntufun
01-03-2012, 05:36 PM
So this event is real close to NY then......... EY ?????

SpyderSteve
01-03-2012, 05:40 PM
So this event is real close to NY then......... EY ????? Randy, you should know it's actually EH. :roflblack:

arntufun
01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Randy, you should know it's actually EH. :roflblack:

Forgive me, the only Canadian I speak is............. Labatts and Molson :roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderSteve
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Forgive me, the only Canadian I speak is............. Labatts and Molson :roflblack::roflblack: Your close to Quebec don't forget ....... poutine :yikes:

SpyderSteve
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I wonder if this will have any effect on the BRP Owners Event in Colorado. :dontknow: The rumored dates for that are in that same week. We shall see. For me 25+ hrs. compared to a hour and a 1/2 it was a easy choice But future yrs. could be a test

fastfraser
01-03-2012, 07:54 PM
We made the same plan . 29 hours to Darango CO or 8 hours to Magog QC. Magog won. Maybe we can hook up for the ride down Steve ?

SpyderSteve
01-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Just a reminder that the deal on the rooms ends on January 31st. I am thinking about booking a 3rd. night any one else? http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/Rally12 (http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/Rally12)

fastfraser
01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Hey Steve. The misses and I as well as Mark (marker )and his wife are booked in Thurs., Fri. and Sat. nights. We are leaving Guelph at 08:30 ish and going to Port Dover and then follow the lake into Niagara Falls, check into our rooms, saddle up and then follow the Niagara PKWY into Niagara On The Lake for dinner.:thumbup: Sound like a plan ? You in ?

SpyderSteve
01-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks Dan, Changed my reservation and booked the time off from work. Can't wait :yes:

fastfraser
03-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Sorry if you didn't register, once again it booked up fast and registration is closed .:yikes:

SPYD1
03-28-2012, 06:41 PM
FastFraser...are you saying we can't go?

fastfraser
03-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I went to the link that NorthStar had posted and it says they are full. I know last year they cut it off at 100 registrations and this year they where going to cut it off at 250 registrations .

SPYD1
03-28-2012, 08:12 PM
If you find an opening, or anyone else, please PM me. Tks

Smittystwo
04-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi Folks !
We booked back in December but have not heard anything back. Is this the normal way they do it ? Thought I would have heard a confirmation but maybe it is too early ? We booked The Oaks Overlooking the Falls from Thursday June 21st to Sunday June 24th. for accommodations.
Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks Barry

SpyderSteve
04-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi Folks !
We booked back in December but have not heard anything back. Is this the normal way they do it ? Thought I would have heard a confirmation but maybe it is too early ? We booked The Oaks Overlooking the Falls from Thursday June 21st to Sunday June 24th. for accommodations.
Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks Barry I am pretty sure i did not get a confirmation either but i emailed Ben and he said i was in :clap:

fastfraser
04-07-2012, 06:53 AM
I think the rally last year at Dearhurst we didn't here back til about 5-6 weeks before .:dontknow:

Smittystwo
04-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Thnaks for the help guys. I'll just wait till I hear something later. Being a newbee @ this I thought I might have got lost in the shuffle.
Barry

fastfraser
04-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Hey Steve. The misses and I as well as Mark (marker )and his wife are booked in Thurs., Fri. and Sat. nights. We are leaving Guelph at 08:30 ish and going to Port Dover and then follow the lake into Niagara Falls, check into our rooms, saddle up and then follow the Niagara PKWY into Niagara On The Lake for dinner.:thumbup: Sound like a plan ? You in ?

Hey Smittystwo we got bit of a group ride going Thurs Morning. I'll be leaving Orangeville area at about 08:00 ish to meet up in the Guelph area for the ride down as posted above. If this is half as good as last year its going to be a blast. Last year they cut it off at 100, this year 250 and man did it book-up fast .

Smittystwo
04-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the invite FastFraser !
Being a couple of old farts we won't be able to be ready that early so we will hook up with the Gang in Niagara.
Thanks again !
Barry & Dar