PDA

View Full Version : BRP Owners Event on Facebook

Lamonster
12-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Looks like they've been reading how far some of us are going to be traveling to get to this thing and came up with an idea that works great for me. If you have facebook jump in and say what you think. :doorag:

https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder/posts/10150461251393094

jvicker
12-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Great idea!:thumbup:

spyderrock
12-14-2011, 09:27 AM
hey Lamont this is going to be a great location for me, its a short ride 1400 miles or 2400km from my home here in Alberta. I have been down there 2 years ago and what a great ride on the Spyder this will be. Lots of places to stay and the scenery will be outstanding for me anyway coming from the prairies lol. If there are any people heading to this from Alberta BC or Saskatchewan let me know maybe we can meet up and ride down in a group.

BikerDoc
12-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Very good idea... Now actually setting the date would be a great idea...

chris56
12-14-2011, 09:56 AM
hi lamont ..
..would be nice if you could find out the date of the european event ... iff its fixed ???

Lamonster
12-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Very good idea... Now actually setting the date would be a great idea...I would expect that very soon. :doorag:

Lamonster
12-14-2011, 10:02 AM
hi lamont ..
..would be nice if you could find out the date of the european event ... iff its fixed ???I was waiting for you to tell us. :dontknow:
Doc seems to be up on that stuff, maybe he knows. :popcorn:

BajaRon
12-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I was waiting for you to tell us. :dontknow:

Doc is up on everything!!! I don't think he ever comes down... :ohyea:

NancysToy
12-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Holding the event during the weekdays will not pose a problem for us. We are retired, so our weeks consist of six Saturdays and a Sunday, anyway. We will probably be doing some other traveling in the area, and will spend some extra days anyway, so the exact timing is not critical. I would say that the event should be held during the last couple of weeks of June, though, because school will still be in session in some places earlier, and a weekday event would be impossible for riders with school age children (or teachers).

Bootie
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Holding the event during the weekdays will not pose a problem for us. We are retired, so our weeks consist of six Saturdays and a Sunday, anyway. We will probably be doing some other traveling in the area, and will spend some extra days anyway, so the exact timing is not critical. I would say that the event should be held during the last couple of weeks of June, though, because school will still be in session in some places earlier, and a weekday event would be impossible for riders with school age children (or teachers).:agree::agree::agree:

RAYYOU
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM
During the week sounds great. Will take less vacation.

docdoru
12-14-2011, 06:14 PM
I was waiting for you to tell us. :dontknow:
May 2012, France.

MarkLawson
12-14-2011, 06:58 PM
As I posted on fb, I think Tue-Thu would be better because it give 3 days travel on each end. Better balance for those who has a long ride each way.

flamingobabe
12-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Good way to get out to the people.....does not matter to me.....retired....may 2012 France.....that would be fun.....some day

Lamonster
12-15-2011, 10:39 AM
As I posted on fb, I think Tue-Thu would be better because it give 3 days travel on each end. Better balance for those who has a long ride each way.:agree::thumbup:

DragonLorD
12-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Good way to get out to the people.....does not matter to me.....retired....may 2012 France.....that would be fun.....some day

I am almost sure that you can rent a Spyder in France, just google it.

Doc, can you give us more info, please?
Cheerio,

GnA
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
I know I am biased, but it would be great to have all of the Ryders coming from south east routes and northeast routes meet in Denver for the final leg to Durango!

There are a few great routes to Durango from Denver and missing the opportunity to Ryde
through the Rockies as a group would be just wrong! I'd be happy to arrange for hotels for thenight before the last leg into Durango. I'm sure we'll have a good group heading in from here.

Lamonster
12-15-2011, 12:24 PM
I know I am biased, but it would be great to have all of the Ryders coming from south east routes and northeast routes meet in Denver for the final leg to Durango!

There are a few great routes to Durango from Denver and missing the opportunity to Ryde
through the Rockies as a group would be just wrong! I'd be happy to arrange for hotels for thenight before the last leg into Durango. I'm sure we'll have a good group heading in from here.Problem is we would have to go north past Durango and then go south again. That's why Albuquerque makes more sense as a meeting place.

GnA
12-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Problem is we would have to go north past Durango and then go south again. That's why Albuquerque makes more sense as a meeting place.

Not for people coming from the north.... That's why I originally suggested meeting Ryders from the south in Alamosa. That's only 100 miles from Albuquerque and everyone could Ryde in together. It wouldn't make sense for people from everywhere north to ryde about 360 miles
to Albuquerque.

I guess we'll have to have two groups....

Lamonster
12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Not for people coming from the north.... That's why I originally suggested meeting Ryders from the south in Alamosa. That's only 100 miles from Albuquerque and everyone could Ryde in together. It wouldn't make sense for people from everywhere north to ryde about 360 miles
to Albuquerque.

I guess we'll have to have two groups....

Ryders coming from south east routes and northeast routes meet in Denver

I think you'll find most of the folks will be coming from the south east. If you want to put together another meeting place that would be cool but my plans are to meet in Albuquerque and ride the 200 miles into the event. I'm sure that won't work for everyone but I already have folks that I'm meeting in route that plan on doing the same. :doorag:

GnA
12-15-2011, 03:09 PM
I think you'll find most of the folks will be coming from the south east. If you want to put together another meeting place that would be cool but my plans are to meet in Albuquerque and ride the 200 miles into the event. I'm sure that won't work for everyone but I already have folks that I'm meeting in route that plan on doing the same. :doorag:

That's okay... It just doesn't makes sense for people up this way to go to Albuquerque first.
It's actually about 450 miles to Albuquerque from Denver... making it 650 to Durango. Denver to Durango is just over 300.

In the first post I suggested we could meet in Alamosa.... And it would be a nice ryde over Wolf Creek Pass. But we can just meet at the event.

I'm still happy to help plan for Ryders who want to join up with people coming down from the north and northeast.

Desert Spyder
12-15-2011, 07:12 PM
I just discovered that Durango is 666 miles from here. Do you think its safe?:pray:

Blue Star
12-15-2011, 07:32 PM
I just discovered that Durango is 666 miles from here. Do you think its safe?:pray:

Just ryde around the block a coulpe times, so you will be safe.

Lamonster
12-15-2011, 07:55 PM
:agree: :D