PDA

View Full Version : MoGang Ryde to Colorado for BRP Owners Event!

SteveMac
12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
OK Gang,
I know everyone is busy as bees working on SpyderFest and we have the holidays, but as they say, "All work and no play...." You know the rest!

So, Len and I were talking today and we thought we may as well get a thread started to see how many of us want to form a group rYde to the event! :thumbup:

So, here we go, and I can say that unless something MAJOR comes up, like the Mayan calendar was incorrect or something and the world ends on May 21 instead of December 21... you know something really big. I plan on going and I will twist Connie's arm until she agrees.

I'll come back to this post and put the date in when we have it officially, but until then it is:

JUNE 2012! :yes::spyder::yes:

Feel free to dive in. And yes, Lee, we will be stopping to eat somehere along the way.:shocked:

Spyderlady, John, Mary and Ed coming from Yellowstone trip.

Those committed to leaving out of Cuba for the SHORT trip to Albuquerque then Durango:

Meeting on Sunday Night and leaving Monday morning 6-18-2012
SteveMac and ConnieMac
Dick574
KingGeek
CyncySpyder

EDIT:
Now leaving on Friday 6-15-2012
GloryRyders Jim and Linda
Paula and Scott

ThreeFeet Sharon (not sure when Sharon is leaving?? but she is doin her own thing!)

Those committed to riding with SpyderLady on the LONG trip to the Badlands, then Albuquerque then Durango:

Spyderlady Linda
Paladent John
Adopted Orphans Jeff and Brenda
SpyderMonkey4 Brenda
Mary Bruchter
Ed Bruchter

spydermonkey4
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I am very interested.

SteveMac
12-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I am very interested.

Hey Brenda!
You gotta help me work on Connie! :banghead:

SpyderLady
12-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Depending on when it is we may be interested. Planning a trip out that way around July 4. Would be great if both would work out. Keep us posted

GloryRyders
12-10-2011, 06:49 AM
:lecturef_smilie:As long as it isn't very early in June Linda and I are interested. We will already be on the road to Washington D.C. for "Rolling Thunder" over Memorial Day and very early June.

rcdurango
12-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Like I said, depending on the dates Judy and I would love too. We're not from MO. but close enough.
Maybe it could be the MID-WEST chapter. :thumbup: Just gotta be back for the sons wedding in Cincinnati.
Don't think they would forgive us if we were not there.

SteveMac
12-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Like I said, depending on the dates Judy and I would love too. We're not from MO. but close enough.
Maybe it could be the MID-WEST chapter. :thumbup: Just gotta be back for the sons wedding in Cincinnati.
Don't think they would forgive us if we were not there.

Richard
Would love to have you all along. We sure didn't get to ride much together at the KYLake trip since someone (me) had to leave early! Heck, grab a crew and head this way. You might get Chuck and Mike and some others to join in!

Hope it works out for you when we have the official dates. :thumbup:

Shewhoprays
12-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Would love to go but it really depends on the dates. I work with several other people and we can only have one person off at a time. The sooner I know the dates. The better.

SteveMac
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Lamont Posted the Dates for the Owners Event in Colorado.

Offical Spyder Owners Event Dates for Durango 2012- June 20-21-22

The dates are in the link below!
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?35439-Offical-Spyder-Owners-Event-Dates-for-Durango-2012-June-20-21-22&p=404733&viewfull=1#post404733

:yes::yes::yes:

SpyderLady
01-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Yes, yes. John, Mary, Ed and I will be heading home through Durango from our trip to Yellowstone. Will have to check with them but John and I are planning on making the event and then possibly heading home with the MOGANG!!! Hopefully will have my new ride broke in by then :)). Won't be getting it this weekend. Maybe next week or two. Suspense is killing me

GloryRyders
01-06-2012, 07:20 PM
When do we want to leave to get to Durango:dontknow: I think that it is about 1200 miles, do we do it in two or two and a half days:dontknow:. We probably need to get reservations going for the nights that we will be their. Can you tell we are excited:yes:, sounds like a fun time. Linda and I are kicking around the idea of either leaving early, going out to Utah first and then meeting the rest of you their and then ryding back or going out with the gang and staying longer...................decisions, decisions:dontknow:

ThreeFeet
01-06-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm game to go with ya'll. BUT do have dead seat problem if in the saddle too long. Besides I'm gettin old and need my afternoon nap!!! I start having problems staying awake around 2Pm. So a short power nap works for me. I'll follow whoever for as long as I can. Won't be able to keep up more than likely but will try anyway. Have the June 20-21-22 on the calender. Now to let Brop know I guess. Do we register with them? Can't remember what I did at Maggie Valley. Will check out motels in Durango this time. OR NOT. ready to go!!! Got a spot in a KOA campgrounds !:2thumbs::yes:

GloryRyders
01-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey MoGang..............did you have time to discuss the trip to Durango today at the meeting:dontknow:. Sounds like the hotel rooms are starting to go quick, so we probably need to decide soon on getting some reservations.:lecturef_smilie:.
Again, sorry that we couldn't make it..............Linda, did you take "good" notes??:D

SteveMac
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Jim
We covered a LOT of ground in the meeting but honestly didn't have time to discuss Durango. The meeting went until well after lunch until everyone was so hungry we had to adjourn! :)

Linda did keep the minutes in your absence and in typical Linda fashion already has them in an email to everyone!!

We did assign you to a fun task,, of which,, you will have to privately ask Mo Lee about. :yikes:

Overall it was a great day and we got a lot done. And as the SpyderLady said in the email,,, only three meetings left between now and Spyderfest. And a LOT yet to do!

Everyone pray that Len is careful (yeah right) at least that he gets home safely from the King of the Hammers race in California. Len, NO injuries!

See everyone next month!

GloryRyders
01-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Thanks Steve for the info................also, thanks to Linda for taking notes, great job :2thumbs:.

OK Lee, what's the "fun task" :dontknow:. I saw in the notes that Joe and I were leading the Hermann route, that is an easy one since we will probably use the same as last year. Is there something else? I know how it is when you miss a meeting :gaah:, you end up in a "pickle" :roflblack:

Mo Lee
01-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks Steve for the info................also, thanks to Linda for taking notes, great job :2thumbs:.

OK Lee, what's the "fun task" :dontknow:. I saw in the notes that Joe and I were leading the Hermann route, that is an easy one since we will probably use the same as last year. Is there something else? I know how it is when you miss a meeting :gaah:, you end up in a "pickle" :roflblack:
That's it Jim, I was pretty sure you wanted to do it again.

rcdurango
01-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Yes, yes. John, Mary, Ed and I will be heading home through Durango from our trip to Yellowstone. Will have to check with them but John and I are planning on making the event and then possibly heading home with the MOGANG!!! Hopefully will have my new ride broke in by then :)). Won't be getting it this weekend. Maybe next week or two. Suspense is killing me

Interesting, Judy and I was thinking of that a possible ride for us. Taking off a couple weeks and doing ride to Yellowstone down threw Utah over to Durango then home. So many sights to take in couldn't list them all. Looks like 4000 mile round trip. I would like to hear more about your trip.

http://mapq.st/xQPfkF

SpyderLady
01-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Interesting, Judy and I was thinking of that a possible ride for us. Taking off a couple weeks and doing ride to Yellowstone down threw Utah over to Durango then home. So many sights to take in couldn't list them all. Looks like 4000 mile round trip. I would like to hear more about your trip.

http://mapq.st/xQPfkF

We plan on leaving Saturday, June 9. No set dates in each area but will be in Durango for the June 20th BRP event. Here briefly is the route we have mapped out. We will be doing hotels (except Durango) on the fly. I will not list all of the places we will be seeing, but:

St. Louis to Sioux Falls, SD in 1 day.
Sioux Falls to Rapid City area: Will be taking in Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Needles Highway, Crazy Horse, Wall Drug, Badlands.... and maybe more
Rapid City to Spearfish... go through Spearfish canyon and maybe Devil's Tower
Spearfish to Billings MT to Bozeman, MT to Yellowstone - - complete tour of Yellowstone (we want to see it all)
Taking in Madison, WY, West Thumbs, WY, Bridge Bay, WY, Mamoth Hot Springs, WY
Madison WY to Ashton ID to Jackson Hole, WY... plan on a few days here
Jackson Hole to Durango (this part of route may change now that we have a few more days. I know I would like to take in some of 4 Corners if we can)
Then after BRP event..... head home either Friday or Saturday to definitely be home by June 24th.

Only hard thing about the trip is we will miss working the Race for the Cure (Breast Cancer) which we have worked for many years. But this year vacation time and fun comes first. Keep me posted if you want to meet up with us. Presently just 4 Spyders, but some of the MOGANG are thinking about joining us.

I have already made reservations in Durango... they are going fast. I have ours at the Durango Downtown Inn.. a bit pricy but for 2 nights not too bad and I got a room with 2 double beds in case someone needs to double up.

SteveMac
01-08-2012, 08:55 PM
As Linda mentioned above, she, John, Mary and Ed already have their plans.

I have edited the first post in this thread to include a listing of those committed to going. I think so far, Jim and Linda are going, but I don't know for sure???

Anyways, whoever commits, just post it and I'll update the list.

See ya! :doorag:

GloryRyders
01-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Count us in for the rooms in Durango for sure :2thumbs: Do you plan on just two nights (leaving sometime on Friday) or three (leaving on Saturday morning)? I am thinking that we will probably meet all of you in Durango on Wednesday morning (registration starts noon on Wednesday according to Lamount's earlier posting) at whatever hotel that you pick. Sounds like a party:yes:and we don't even have to plan it.:roflblack:

xpeschon
01-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Its very difficult for me to plan so far ahead with the job I have however,, I am very interested and if I can do it I will.. I would LOVE to attend but at this time I can not commit.. I will know more in a couple months but by then it could be to late for hotels but again, we'll see, heck if it pan's out I'll just pack a tent.. Ha Ha... I will keep my fingers crossed..

X Joe

SpyderLady
01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
You may need to double check with Brenda (spydermonkey 4). She just told me she will be joining us on our 2 week trip ending in Durango. While you have a list leaving from Cuba..... can you make another list of all of those who will be in Durango :clap:

SteveMac
01-09-2012, 10:46 PM
You may need to double check with Brenda (spydermonkey 4). She just told me she will be joining us on our 2 week trip ending in Durango. While you have a list leaving from Cuba..... can you make another list of all of those who will be in Durango :clap:

Very Cool. I wish we could! :gaah:

SteveMac
01-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Its very difficult for me to plan so far ahead with the job I have however,, I am very interested and if I can do it I will.. I would LOVE to attend but at this time I can not commit.. I will know more in a couple months but by then it could be to late for hotels but again, we'll see, heck if it pan's out I'll just pack a tent.. Ha Ha... I will keep my fingers crossed..

X Joe

We will figure out something Joe. If you can make it we will make room somewhere! That's what blow up mattresses are for!

SteveMac
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Count us in for the rooms in Durango for sure :2thumbs: Do you plan on just two nights (leaving sometime on Friday) or three (leaving on Saturday morning)? I am thinking that we will probably meet all of you in Durango on Wednesday morning (registration starts noon on Wednesday according to Lamount's earlier posting) at whatever hotel that you pick. Sounds like a party:yes:and we don't even have to plan it.:roflblack:

I guess the question I have is how far do we want to ride each day?

Looks like Cuba to Alburquerqe is a little over 15 hours not counting fuel stops. Then from Albuquerque to Durango is about 4 hours, not counting stops.

Lamont's big group (at least as of the latest post I read) will leave Albuquerque at 8am on the 20th and roll into Durango about 1:00.

So if we did two full days of riding to get to Albuquerque, that would mean we would need to leave Cuba on Monday the 18th pretty early. If we want to go more leisurely, then leave on Sunday the 17th. I am up for either one, but I don't know what suits everyone else? I am not retired, but this will be my vacation!!

So, if we can decide on how far we want to ride each day, I'll begin looking for hotel rooms.

murphybrown
01-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Would appreciate knowing where you are make room res for ALQ, NM...then I will make mine. Thanks so much. :thumbup:

Bootie
01-10-2012, 09:13 AM
OK Gang,
I know everyone is busy as bees working on SpyderFest and we have the holidays, but as they say, "All work and no play...." You know the rest!

So, Len and I were talking today and we thought we may as well get a thread started to see how many of us want to form a group rYde to the event! :thumbup:

Those committed to leaving out of Cuba:

Len and Vanessa?
SteveMac and ConnieMac
Spydermonkey4 Brenda
ThreeFeet Sharon
Hi Guys. I just made my reservations at Knights Inn in Durango for 6/20 - 6/22. I will be coming from Ohio. The ride from Ohio to Cuba, MO is an easy 2 day trip so I could meet you in Cuba on 6/18 or so. When are you planning on leaving Cuba?
After the Event I will be heading up to Ft. Collins and Glacier, NP and then up to Yellowknife, NW so I won't be riding back with you.

SpyderLady
01-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Steve. I would like to meet up with MOGANG on the 19th so we can all ride into Durango together so PLS keep us in mind when doing reservations for the 19th. Right now firm wold be John, me, Mary and Ed, and probably Brenda. This is going to be crazy trying o kep all of this straight and coordinated. So glad you have taken this on in addition to ALL your other web duties. LOL. :-))

GloryRyders
01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I was starting to worry about room reservation so I made one at the Knights Inn in Durango for Linda and I for Wednesday thru Friday night. The motel is at 3515 N.Main and is only $55.20 per night plus $16.39 tax. They appear to have some rooms left, anyone going should get a reservation made soon. There appears to be quite a few places to stay but I check 5 or 6 other hotels in town and they were all considerably higher.:gaah: Just a word to the wise.:lecturef_smilie:

SpyderLady
01-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Looks like the Ramada in Alb is giving special rate of$59 arranged by a Spyder owner. Tell them you are with Spyder motorcycle club for the discount. I am going to make our reservations for June 19th there

SteveMac
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I haven't heard back from too many folks about how many miles you want to do in a day. I can tell you that after 500, I am ready to break. Literally.

So I'll never be a Florida Express Hulligan :roflblack:

But anyway, I am going to map it out tonight and post a potential route and you guys can either shoot me down or love it! :dontknow:

I like to find Drury Inns if I can. Their home base is in Cape Girardeau, and I have always had good luck with them. There are a couple of things I don't like to scrimp on. Canned green beans and hotel rooms. OK, there are more than that... :roflblack:

I'll update you all later tonight and please, by all means, if someone has an alternate route, be sure to let us all know. :thumbup:

SteveMac
01-13-2012, 12:57 AM
OK Gang,

Here is a first draft. Let me know your thoughts on the route and then we can book hotels. We will come to Cuba to ride over with you all, but then we will head home from Springfield on the way back.

I tried to allow time for plenty of stops for fuel and food, so arrival times are approximate

Monday June 18

7:00 AM Leave from Cuba
6:00 PM Arrive in Sayre OK (1 nite Hotel Stay)
Tuesday June 19

7:00 AM Leave Sayre OK
4:00 PM Arrive in Albuquerque, NM (1 nite Hotel Stay)
Wednesday June 20

8:00-9:00 AM Leave Alburquerque NM with Lamont’s group
1:00 PM Approx, Arrive in Durango CO (3 nites Hotel Stay)
Saturday June 23

7:00 AM Leave Durango CO
6:00 PM Approx Arrive in Dodge City KS (1 nite Hotel Stay)
Sunday June 24

7:00 AM Leave Dodge City KS
3:00 PM Approx Arrive in Springfield MO. Split up. Cuba group heads North on I44, SteveMac heads East on Hwy 60
Here is the total route

http://g.co/maps/qf5m3

ThreeFeet
01-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Well you all are going to AlbQ. But that's too far for my wallet so am going from home to hiway 54 Straight thru to 400 to I 25 south to hiway 160. Will be about 1000 mi. ( added a couple miles for boo boos.) think i will leave 17th. Going over 400 miles and I'm a wreck. Plan on staying ANYWHERE in a room at the foot hills of the mountains so I can be ALERT AND AWAKE going up the mountains!!! Soo staying someplace on 2 days worth. Would like to leave on 23rd BUT I will BET I hadn't gotten in some of the rydes that would REALLY be fun and so think I will leave later than Sunday. have a campground site big enough for 2 at Durango. Think Dave and Teddy are sharing the spot. Soo for anybody wanting to go the slow but shorter route go for it. Either way ya'll enjoy the ryde to and from and a safe one all the time!!!

GloryRyders
01-15-2012, 07:21 PM
OK Gang,

Here is a first draft. Let me know your thoughts on the route and then we can book hotels. We will come to Cuba to ride over with you all, but then we will head home from Springfield on the way back.

I tried to allow time for plenty of stops for fuel and food, so arrival times are approximate

Monday June 18

Tuesday June 19

Wednesday June 20

Saturday June 23

Sunday June 24

3:00 PM Approx Arrive in Springfield MO. Split up. Cuba group heads North on I44, SteveMac heads East on Hwy 60
Here is the total route

Hey Steve, we might have a change in plans and ryde out with you to Durango instead of just meeting you there.:clap:Do you plan on making reservations for the night in Sayre and Albuquerque or just find a place to stay when we arrive? If making reservations, how soon do you need a definate "we are going with you"?:dontknow: Also, do you plan to stay in Cuba that Sunday night? Inquiring minds now want to know.

Thanks!

SteveMac
01-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey Steve, we might have a change in plans and ryde out with you to Durango instead of just meeting you there.:clap:Do you plan on making reservations for the night in Sayre and Albuquerque or just find a place to stay when we arrive? If making reservations, how soon do you need a definate "we are going with you"?:dontknow: Also, do you plan to stay in Cuba that Sunday night? Inquiring minds now want to know.

Thanks!

I was planning on making reservations, but it can wait a while. Does the route look OK to you Jim?

GloryRyders
01-16-2012, 05:17 AM
Looks OK to me..............first day a little longer than the second but that should be OK since you are "fresher" and up to a longer ryde:2thumbs:

SpyderLady
01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Just changed our Durango reservations to knights inn in Durango. Hopefully got same place as Jim and Linda

GloryRyders
01-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Just changed our Durango reservations to knights inn in Durango. Hopefully got same place as Jim and Linda

If it is at 3515 Main Ave then you are at the right place:yes: Sounds like a plan to me.:2thumbs:

SpyderLady
01-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Jim/Linda. Yep that is the address. Great. We all have so many neat things going on this year!! I will be breaking in the new bike just right.

Speaking of new bike...not done YET, but will be soon and it will be left at Cowtown for our Feb meeting so Len can show to everyone!!! :))

SteveMac
01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I saw some bad stuff on here that Knights Inn was in a bad part of town or something. I'll see if I can find that post.

Here it is.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35565

SpyderLady
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Ours is at 3515 main which seems to be down from where the thread was mentioning. If you go after reservations pls stay in close contact with me so I can possibly change to same as everyone else..problem is that rooms are going just like we are experiencing in Cuba. I had a reservation that I cancelled but it was very very expensive. Thanks

pitbull
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
I am so in!!! Huuummmm now to add some more adventure to this trip......... Think think think ........ I'll come up with something!!!! The mogangs got to roll in spyderfest style..... When someone figures out what that is please let me know!!! :dontknow:

spyderrock
01-20-2012, 10:42 PM
hi Guys my name s John and i will be getting some work done on my spyder at cowtown the Friday before everyone leaves for the owners event. I talked to Len on the phone on Thursday and he mentioned if I would like to ride with the Mo GanG i was welcome to. I am coming from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada which is 3 days north of Cuba, len says they can do the work on my bike in a day then I have a 2 day rest and I would love to head west with your group. I will ride as far as the group rides per day, I hope to have my trailer so I can carry a cooler for water and coca-cola's sorry no pepsi allowed. Cant wait this is going to be a great 11 day trip see you all in June take care.

SteveMac
01-20-2012, 10:49 PM
hi Guys my name s John and i will be getting some work done on my spyder at cowtown the Friday before everyone leaves for the owners event. I talked to Len on the phone on Thursday and he mentioned if I would like to ride with the Mo GanG i was welcome to. I am coming from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada which is 3 days north of Cuba, len says they can do the work on my bike in a day then I have a 2 day rest and I would love to head west with your group. I will ride as far as the group rides per day, I hope to have my trailer so I can carry a cooler for water and coca-cola's sorry no pepsi allowed. Cant wait this is going to be a great 11 day trip see you all in June take care.

Excellent!
You are most welcome to ride with us. Should be fun! ;)

GloryRyders
01-21-2012, 08:21 AM

Welcome to the gang.............you should have a great ryde with us.:yes:

cyclelover63
01-22-2012, 07:22 AM
My wife and I are planning on leaving Sunday,because we don't know how far we can go before we have to stop..We live in Illinois close to St louis..Would love to catch a group to ride with!
The more I look at the route you are taking,we may change our plans if thats ok...mmmmm sooooo many decisions!

GloryRyders
01-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Welcome aboard................if you go with us you will have a great time.:yes:

dick574
05-16-2012, 01:13 PM
OK Gang,

Monday June 18

Tuesday June 19

Wednesday June 20

Saturday June 23

Sunday June 24

Here is the total route

Steve, I just made my reservation at Wagon Wheel for the 17th. Count me in. Thanks, Dick

SteveMac
06-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Time to revive this thread MoGang and I will update the first post so we know who is going where and when. PLEASE let me know if I have anyone listed incorrectly!

SpyderLady Linda and others are taking a long and winding road, but we can all meet up in Albuquerque and hopefully stay at the same hotel.

For those of you who haven't yet booked in Albuquerque, here is the info.

I Just booked a room for June 19th at:
Ramada Hotel & Conference 10300 Hotel Avenue Northeast Albuquerque NM Phone:1-505-296-4852

This is also the same hotel Spyderlady and her crew will be staying at.

SteveMac
06-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Steve, I just made my reservation at Wagon Wheel for the 17th. Count me in. Thanks, Dick

Excellent Dick574,
I am also booking a room at the Wagon Wheel for the 16th and 17th. Gonna make a weekend of it!!

dick574
06-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Time to revive this thread MoGang and I will update the first post so we know who is going where and when. PLEASE let me know if I have anyone listed incorrectly!

SpyderLady Linda and others are taking a long and winding road, but we can all meet up in Albuquerque and hopefully stay at the same hotel.

For those of you who haven't yet booked in Albuquerque, here is the info.

I Just booked a room for June 19th at:
Ramada Hotel & Conference 10300 Hotel Avenue Northeast Albuquerque NM Phone:1-505-296-4852

Steve,

Thanks for the info. Just got it done also. Did you ever get a place in Durango?
My 2 Brothers exhaust that I had installed at Spyderfest broke.
It's not like it keeps me from riding.
I think Cowtown only stays open until early afternoon on Sat. & I don't know if I can get there soon enough to get it fixed then.
I'm trying to get ahold of Len to see what it takes to get it fixed.
I hope your schedule is slowing down.
Yesterday's go kart win should help you enjoy life.

Dick

SteveMac
06-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the info. Just got it done also. Did you ever get a place in Durango?
My 2 Brothers exhaust that I had installed at Spyderfest broke.
It's not like it keeps me from riding.
I think Cowtown only stays open until early afternoon on Sat. & I don't know if I can get there soon enough to get it fixed then.
I'm trying to get ahold of Len to see what it takes to get it fixed.
I hope your schedule is slowing down.
Yesterday's go kart win should help you enjoy life.

Dick

I haven't yet gotten a place in Durango. But I am thinking of looking at a condo that would house six people and split the cost???

For example, this place is only 15-20 minutes from the fairgrounds
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p7047152h#map

Anyone interested??? At $225 per nite, with five people it would be $45 per person or $38 ea with six people.

GloryRyders
06-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Hey Steve, Three Feet was talking Saturday about going on her own so I do not think that she will be with us. Maybe she will "chime in" on this thread and give us an update. Also, I assume, that Spyder Rock from Canada will still be going with us. I think that he was getting work done at Cowtown and was staying over to ryde out Monday morning with the group.

I mentioned in a PM to you about Scott and Paula but it looks like you already new about them going. We will see Paula at lunch today so I will let her know about the Ramada in N.M.

ThreeFeet
06-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Hey Steve, Three Feet was talking Saturday about going on her own so I do not think that she will be with us. Maybe she will "chime in" on this thread and give us an update. Also, I assume, that Spyder Rock from Canada will still be going with us. I think that he was getting work done at Cowtown and was staying over to ryde out Monday morning with the group.

I mentioned in a PM to you about Scott and Paula but it looks like you already new about them going. We will see Paula at lunch today so I will let her know about the Ramada in N.M. I'm heading out on the 17th and taking 54( once I get there) all the way ( turns into 400 after awhile) to Walsenburg where another spyderlover has kindly let me stay at their place. Then on to Durango and the KOA. Sooo You all want to go to Albaquerqu first. I can't do that one. Still have to get the rest of my stay In Durango set. Gotta get with that PDQ!!!! See ya there.

SteveMac
06-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Starting to get more excited about this trip, now that I am booking rooms and making plans finally!

Looking forward to riding and going to an event just for the pure pleasure of it and getting to visit with everyone!

OH Yeah! :yes::yes::yes:

SteveMac
06-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Bump.

So is the current short route leaving from Cuba itinerary (leaving on the 18th) ok with everyone? Or, would you rather leave earlier on the 17th and take it a bit easier on the ride? I am open to either way. I'm so excited and happy to go that I'll agree to ALMOST anything right now!! ;););)

SteveMac
06-06-2012, 10:31 PM
And I did book that condo today. Scott, Paula, Dick as well as me and Connie are staying there. The place has good ratings.

Time is ticking down!!!!!

GloryRyders
06-07-2012, 04:34 AM
Steve, we have made reservations at the Chateau Inn in Cuba for Sunday night. Question................do you have a planned stop for breakfast after we have gone a ways or did you planned to eat before we left Cuba at 7AM? If we were stopping along the way we could leave earlier if you wanted. It's just a thought!

SteveMac
06-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Steve, we have made reservations at the Chateau Inn in Cuba for Sunday night. Question................do you have a planned stop for breakfast after we have gone a ways or did you planned to eat before we left Cuba at 7AM? If we were stopping along the way we could leave earlier if you wanted. It's just a thought!

Hey Jim, I think most of us will be in Cuba on Sunday night. So let's all have dinner together and decide on when to leave. I'd definitely be up for leaving at 6:00 and riding out a tankful before we grab breakfast. Either way is fine with me. We can decide as a group at say, MoHicks on Sunday evening?

Just check out this cute couple!
http://img.tapatalk.com/46f9d4d0-9785-4d62.jpg

shagan77
06-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Hey all! Sharon and I are heading for Durango also, with a stop over in Denver enroute. We leave the Lake area Sunday morning, stay in Denver Monday night, then on to Durango Tue morning. We're staying at a campgroud outside of town. (RV'ing it this time).

I have a question for the group, and I wave the white flag right up front, am I gonna get stoned (rocks, not buzzed) if I show up on an obnoxious sounding Harley Ultra? Sharon is the Spyder rider.....

Look forward to meeting some of y'all!

Sharon and Scott

SteveMac
06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey all! Sharon and I are heading for Durango also, with a stop over in Denver enroute. We leave the Lake area Sunday morning, stay in Denver Monday night, then on to Durango Tue morning. We're staying at a campgroud outside of town. (RV'ing it this time).

I have a question for the group, and I wave the white flag right up front, am I gonna get stoned (rocks, not buzzed) if I show up on an obnoxious sounding Harley Ultra? Sharon is the Spyder rider.....

Look forward to meeting some of y'all!

Sharon and Scott

Fine with us, but I am not sure if BRP will let that Hog into the fairgrounds. :dontknow:

This is my first owner's event, so I am not sure.

cyclelover63
06-07-2012, 07:36 PM
My wife and I are leaving Saturday night after I get off work from St louis and probably going to go just as far as Rolla or Cuba...We are trying to get an early start because we don't think we can keep up with the Mo Gang!...i will be looking for you in out rear view mirrors...lol..We definitely think we are going to make the return trip with you though..Can't wait! :yes:

GloryRyders
06-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey Jim, I think most of us will be in Cuba on Sunday night. So let's all have dinner together and decide on when to leave. I'd definitely be up for leaving at 6:00 and riding out a tankful before we grab breakfast. Either way is fine with me. We can decide as a group at say, MoHicks on Sunday evening?

Just check out this cute couple!
http://img.tapatalk.com/46f9d4d0-9785-4d62.jpg

Works for us...........we should be in around 5:30 of 6:00 PM. Pick a time to meet and we will make it!:2thumbs: By the way, one of them is really cute but the other is kind of "old and grizzly". Want to quess which is which?:dontknow: :roflblack:

kinggeek
06-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Guys. I just made my reservations at Knights Inn in Durango for 6/20 - 6/22. I will be coming from Ohio. The ride from Ohio to Cuba, MO is an easy 2 day trip so I could meet you in Cuba on 6/18 or so. When are you planning on leaving Cuba?
After the Event I will be heading up to Ft. Collins and Glacier, NP and then up to Yellowknife, NW so I won't be riding back with you.
What route you taking from OH to Cuba, MO and when you planning on getting there? Looking to met up with some to ride out in a group.

kinggeek
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Steve,

My daughter and I would like to join the caravan if it is cool to do so? We were planning on going from Cincinnati,OH to Spingfield, MO on Sunday but we can cut that a little short in Cuba and leave with you guys on Monay morning.

SteveMac
06-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Steve,

My daughter and I would like to join the caravan if it is cool to do so? We were planning on going from Cincinnati,OH to Spingfield, MO on Sunday but we can cut that a little short in Cuba and leave with you guys on Monay morning.

Absolutely! That would be great. I'll PM you my cell number.

kinggeek
06-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Absolutely! That would be great. I'll PM you my cell number.

We will try and get a room at the Wagon wheel and see you at Mo Hicks on Sunday then!

Edit: We have a room at the Wagon Wheel!

SteveMac
06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Update!

GloryRyders Jim and Linda along with Scott and Paula are leaving earlier now and getting to go see the Grand Canyon for a while longer.

However, ConnieMac can't get off work, so our plans remain the same but for a smaller group.

Just want to verify that we have everyone listed below who will rendevous in Cuba and head out on Monday morning.

Dick574
KingGeek
CyncySpyder
SteveMac and ConnieMac

Everyone sound off please so we will know for sure. And if there is anyone else out there interested, feel free to post here also!

Plans are still to meet and eat on Sunday evening at MoHicks (7;00? Ok with everyone?)
While at dinner we will exchange contact info and make plans as to what time to leave on Monday morning.
Route remains the same as long as everyone is in agreement.

See you all soon!

dick574
06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Update!

GloryRyders Jim and Linda along with Scott and Paula are leaving earlier now and getting to go see the Grand Canyon for a while longer.

However, ConnieMac can't get off work, so our plans remain the same but for a smaller group.

Just want to verify that we have everyone listed below who will rendevous in Cuba and head out on Monday morning.

Dick574
KingGeek
CyncySpyder
SteveMac and ConnieMac

Everyone sound off please so we will know for sure. And if there is anyone else out there interested, feel free to post here also!

Plans are still to meet and eat on Sunday evening at MoHicks (7;00? Ok with everyone?)
While at dinner we will exchange contact info and make plans as to what time to leave on Monday morning.
Route remains the same as long as everyone is in agreement.

See you all soon!

I'll see you on Sat. after I get done at Cowtown.
Dinner on Sat. ??
Sun. at 7:00 pm at MoHicks is fine.
Getting excited.
Should get my bike back tomorrow (throttle body).

Dick

:ohyea:

kinggeek
06-12-2012, 08:40 PM
We will be in Sunday evening and see you all at the Wagon Wheel or Mo Hicks.

SteveMac
06-12-2012, 09:06 PM
I'll see you on Sat. after I get done at Cowtown.
Dinner on Sat. ??
Sun. at 7:00 pm at MoHicks is fine.
Getting excited.
Should get my bike back tomorrow (throttle body).

Dick

:ohyea:

Hey Dick,
Ms ConnieMac is insistent that we have a fathers day lunch here on Sunday, so it looks like we won't be in Cuba until Sunday afternoon. PM me your cell and we will hook up on Sunday.

See everyone Sunday!

Pigtails
06-12-2012, 09:12 PM
We will see everyone in Albuquerque. Scott was able to get time off on Friday so we figured we would take full advantage of the extra time. Have a safe journey and god bless us all. See you all in New Mexico! :2thumbs:

SteveMac
06-12-2012, 10:57 PM
We will see everyone in Albuquerque. Scott was able to get time off on Friday so we figured we would take full advantage of the extra time. Have a safe journey and god bless us all. See you all in New Mexico! :2thumbs:

Absolutely. Understand. I would leave earlier if I could, but work is interfering!

kinggeek
06-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Where is everyone staying in Sayre, OK?

SteveMac
06-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Where is everyone staying in Sayre, OK?

Im Planning on just getting a walk in rate right now. The only place I booked rooms in advance was Albuquerque and Durango. ;)

GloryRyders
06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
See all of you in Albuquerque Tuesday afternoon.:clap:Hope you can make in it early enought to do the ryde and dinner that has been planned.:yes: Ryde safe and have a great trip!

spyder3
06-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Ride safely MO gang! you too len:lecturef_smilie:

SteveMac
06-15-2012, 07:15 AM
The weather on the outward bound portion of the trip looks good. Will be windy in Oklahoma tho. Imagine that!

http://img.tapatalk.com/46f9d4d0-2737-f805.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/46f9d4d0-2744-1e81.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/46f9d4d0-2752-8613.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/46f9d4d0-275f-4637.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/46f9d4d0-276a-c258.jpg

bullant12
06-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Have a safe RYDE!!!:thumbup: We'll miss you guys out there! Hope to see you soon!!

cyclelover63
06-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Are your plans still to leave Saturday morning at 7AM to go back to Springfield,Mo via I70?...Where are you going to be leaving from?..We may tag along..My wife wants to go back through new Mexico,but i think once was brutal enough!..:banghead:....:roflblack:

SteveMac
06-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Are your plans still to leave Saturday morning at 7AM to go back to Springfield,Mo via I70?...Where are you going to be leaving from?..We may tag along..My wife wants to go back through new Mexico,but i think once was brutal enough!..:banghead:....:roflblack:

Yes. The plan is to head thru Kansas. Stopping at Dodge City on Saturday nite. PM me your cell# if you want to hook up!

kinggeek
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I know this is way overdue but I just wanted to thank you guys for letting me and Sam join you all for for the Owners event trip. We had a great time and I personally can't wait to do it again!

SteveMac
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
I know this is way overdue but I just wanted to thank you guys for letting me and Sam join you all for for the Owners event trip. We had a great time and I personally can't wait to do it again!

And thank you for joining us Dax. Without this website, you probably would never have joined us and I would not have had the opportunity to make a great new friend. You, Sam and Dick were an absolute pleasure to travel with on the way to the owners event. And of course a bunch of MoGang joined us on the way back. All in all, a great trip. Thanks bro. Hope to see you again soon!