PDA

View Full Version : Progressive International Motorcycle Show, Novi Jan.6th-8th

RTaz
12-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Always a good time, Devon and I will be going with a group of friends on Sunday Jan. 8th :D

BikerDoc
12-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I would love to go but am committed to Thunder by the Bay in Sarasota Florida that weekend

NancysToy
12-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Nancy and I will probably be there. She won free tickets at a bike show this summer. Not sure what day yet. We will work that out with Dan Cogan when we get closer to the mark. We'll likely also take the charter bus to Chicago to do that show, too. You gotta do something to stay sane in Michigan during the winter.

dancogan
12-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Nancy and I will probably be there. She won free tickets at a bike show this summer. Not sure what day yet. We will work that out with Dan Cogan when we get closer to the mark. We'll likely also take the charter bus to Chicago to do that show, too. You gotta do something to stay sane in Michigan during the winter.

Thanks for remembering me, Scotty. However, my plans are changed. I was volunteered into going early Friday to help set up the BMW MOA booth at the show. That takes about 2 hours and then I'll have time to see the show Friday - with free admission. Poor Geri, who only goes to these things to keep me company, will not have to endure this one.

Again, thanks for remembering.

NancysToy
12-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for remembering me, Scotty. However, my plans are changed. I was volunteered into going early Friday to help set up the BMW MOA booth at the show. That takes about 2 hours and then I'll have time to see the show Friday - with free admission. Poor Geri, who only goes to these things to keep me company, will not have to endure this one.

Again, thanks for remembering.
And I thought I got sucked into a lot of volunteer things...LOL. Thanks for letting me know. We'll search for another couple to share the extra tickets with. I suspect we'll go Saturday.

dancogan
12-07-2011, 02:48 PM
And I thought I got sucked into a lot of volunteer things...LOL. Thanks for letting me know. We'll search for another couple to share the extra tickets with. I suspect we'll go Saturday.

OK, I suggest all of us who plan on attending this show post here indicating when we'll be there so there can be some meet-ups where schedules match. Depending upon how the vendors get set up Friday I may come back over the weekend for a second look, but I'll be there for sure Friday from 2-4 for set-up and then after that to view the show.

rhansen309
12-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I think Emily and I will be going on Sat as well.

OK, I suggest all of us who plan on attending this show post here indicating when we'll be there so there can be some meet-ups where schedules match. Depending upon how the vendors get set up Friday I may come back over the weekend for a second look, but I'll be there for sure Friday from 2-4 for set-up and then after that to view the show.

Questions
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
A few of us are coming down from the great white north for the show. At 11am on the 6th we are meeting at Dons Drive In at 48730 Grand River Ave. Novi, MI. After a lunch and a meet and greet we will head over to the show.

Have the time, stop by and join us for lunch.

Michael Dickinson
michael@justavet.us
2011 Spyder RT SM5

SPYD1
12-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Jeanette and I are headed to the show that weekend but we are not sure what day yet, probably Saturday. We will kill two birds with one stone by meeting with her parents they live in the area) after the show to celebrate the Holidays with them. I haven't been to this show before and don't know what to expect.

dancogan
12-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I made the mistake of offering to help set up the BMW booth at the show for my local BMW club. In any event, that turned into a 7 hour stint at the show on Friday, from 2-4 for set up and from 4-9 when the show is open. Oh, well. If any Spyder Lovers are at the show Friday stop by and say hi! The booth is for the BMW MOA (Motorcycle Owners of America). I promise I won't ask you to join the BMW MOA. :roflblack:

NancysToy
01-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Looks like we'll be attending on Saturday morning. We usually stay until after lunch sometime. Nancy won a certificate for four free tickets at a bike show this summer, but there are only two of us going. If somebody wanted to meet us early (9:30ish), outside the show, we would be glad to donate the extra two tickets. We can't use them for the Chicago show. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and we'll try to cook up a plan.

SPYD1
01-04-2012, 06:54 PM
My wife and I are going Saturday and we will probably be there at 930-10am if the tickets are still available???

NancysToy
01-04-2012, 09:17 PM
My wife and I are going Saturday and we will probably be there at 930-10am if the tickets are still available???
Done! See ya Saturday.

SPYD1
01-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Great...sent you a pm.

dancogan
01-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Was there Frriday. The show seems a bit bigger and better than it was the last couple of years. Definitely worth the trip. :thumbup:

NancysToy
01-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Was there Frriday. The show seems a bit bigger and better than it was the last couple of years. Definitely worth the trip. :thumbup:
I thought it was bigger and better, too, but one vendor I talked to said they just moved everybody in farther from the walls. Still, there was more than enough for us to do and see...and it was nice for BRP to have an official presence there again, after being absent (except for dealer displays) last year. I was impressed with the gloss orange RSS, and the gloss black RS. The Bronze RT didn't excite me, but it did look good with its tan seat and matching trailer. I liked the Triumph Tiger 800, too...but that's another story. Good show, we had fun.

dancogan
01-07-2012, 07:58 PM
...I liked the Triumph Tiger 800, too...but that's another story. Good show, we had fun.

Uh oh. Stay away from those Triumphs. They are definitely doing something right these days. Makes me lust for a modern Bonneville, similar to the bike I took my test on back in the 70's. And I understand they're coming out with an adventure touring or dual sport model to compete with BMW.

NancysToy
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Uh oh. Stay away from those Triumphs. They are definitely doing something right these days. Makes me lust for a modern Bonneville, similar to the bike I took my test on back in the 70's. And I understand they're coming out with an adventure touring or dual sport model to compete with BMW.
That's the Tiger. They have several versions. The Tiger 800 and the Tiger 800XC Adventure were pretty slick, IMO. BTW, if I get a new battery for it, you can always come over and ride my 65 Bonneville for old time's sake. BTW, I walked right past the K1600GT today. Aren't you proud of me? :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14703&d=1234374084

dancogan
01-07-2012, 09:51 PM
...if I get a new battery for it, you can always come over and ride my 65 Bonneville for old time's sake. BTW, I walked right past the K1600GT today. Aren't you proud of me? :D

Let me know when you get that battery. Battle Creek isn't that far away. :)

Now, about the K1600 GT - shame on you! What you need to do is look at it, take a test ride, and then say, "I don't like it." :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: I dare you. :p

NancysToy
01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Another interesting thing at the show today...women's helmets. No, I don't mean something pink or frilly, I mean a helmet especially made with physical features to suit women. Schuberth has them in their line, now. Different liner and cheek pads to fit the shape of a woman's head better, and a softer, tan lining so they "don't mark up the lining if they wear makeup." That's what the sales rep said, anyhow. I think that is a great achievement. Women motorcyclists should be proud to know that they have made their numbers large enough that a major manufacturer is now marketing a product for them, based on features and not on looks. Pretty cool! :thumbup: