PDA

View Full Version : accessories warranties ????

Tx web rider
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
i have the removal backrest on my spyder and the flt smuggler lid and the attachment points on the lid where the cross bar goes broke one of the dog ears off not it rattles and makes loads of noise
are these warrantied does anyone know i got mine when i purchased my used bike already installed

i like to keep it in place when the wife isn't riding but the racket now and i am not sure if it will fall off the bike the locking bar just falls off the lid when you lift it up

ARtraveler
12-05-2011, 12:29 AM
It may be difficult to get warranty service on accesories on a used machine, as I am guessing that the warranties are not going to be transferrable from purchaser to another as far as accessories go.

Do you have any pictures to show what broke?

You mentioned smuggler. That indicates Corbin to me. They are usually good people to deal with. They may be able to help you with repair parts whether warranted or not. Explain your situation to them and ask if the repairs would be covered under warranty. The worst they can do is say no to warranty.

Tx web rider
12-05-2011, 12:48 AM
i guess my calling it a smuggler might be misleading 37776

the flat cover used when the seat is removed i caller it a smuggler because there is a small compartment under there

i didn't have a pic of the damages this was taken from the brp accessories page

Tx web rider
12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
3777737778this shows the actual damage
the silver pin keeps it locked down with the tab broken its loose

NancysToy
12-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I may be off a bit on this, but as I recall, BRP accessories are warrantied for 60 days, unless installed prior to delivery. Installed accessories must be specifically listed on the warranty registration form, to be covered longer. If so, they carry the same 2-year warranty as the Spyder. To the best of my knowledge, they are not further covered under the BEST extended warranty, however.

arntufun
12-05-2011, 10:00 AM
I may be off a bit on this, but as I recall, BRP accessories are warrantied for 60 days, unless installed prior to delivery. Installed accessories must be specifically listed on the warranty registration form, to be covered longer. If so, they carry the same 2-year warranty as the Spyder. To the best of my knowledge, they are not further covered under the BEST extended warranty, however.

:agree: If and good can come out of it........ that part is the cheapest to replace. The correct name for that part is "rear sport rack lid". I'm guessing you need it in yellow so the part number for that is 219400143 for a cost of $80.00 through BRP

Check Ebay, you might find it for cheaper. :thumbup:

Tx web rider
12-05-2011, 10:19 AM
thanks for the info

pro10is
12-05-2011, 11:42 AM
BRP's customer service on accessories is dismal in my experience. I ordered a new set of BRP hard saddlebags for my RS-S (an $895 option). The saddlebags were missing three components. My dealer tried for weeks to get BRP to send the missing parts to no avail. They simply refused, said they weren't available. The BRP accessory parts were not listed or available for sale anywhere. I had to buy one of the parts directly from Givi (the OEM mfgr of the saddlebags) and had to make the other parts myself.

If you buy accessories from BRP be aware that you may not be able to obtain or buy replacement parts for them.