PDA

View Full Version : hindle vs two brothers?

NVERLAST1
12-04-2011, 10:31 PM
which pipe do u prefer and why?

Bumblebee67
12-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I run a hindle on mine..I love the sound and have had many compliments on it. I had the opportunity to hear a Two Brothers dual on a :spyder2: Saturday and have to say I was not impressed. It was way too loud, you couldn't even hear the person next to you without shouting and that was at an idle :yikes:. In my opinion, If you want that kinda sound you need to swap to a HD. But...that's just my opinion.....

Ga Blue Knight
12-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Here is the perfect comparison. My son and I both have 09 RS Roadsters. He has the single aluminum two brothers installed and I have the Hindle. Here are the differences:

- Two brothers is much louder out of the box. My son purchased the exhaust tip and it is about the same as the Hindle now. It was so loud that he couldn't stand it on the highway ( he's 25 so that's saying a lot!)

- the Hindle is a little higher pitched than the two brothers and louder on the highway (which I like). The two brothers is louder than the Hindle at idle but quieter on the Highway with the tip installed. I live in a snobie development so it helps to have the Hindle to sneak out early with out the neighbors complaining about me, again!

- both exhausts backfired on down shifting once and awhile and did it worse in the Moutains. Both bikes had some surging at stop lights or at idle. Installing K&N air filters on both bikes solved this

- If there is any difference in MPG we can't tell since we really dont ride for conservation of natural resources but for fun!

- Hindle is black and Matt grey, the two brother is shinny.

In My opinion you can't go wrong with either one. The Hindle is more mild than the Two Brothers
with out the two brothers exhaust tip installed and the other away around with it it installed.

arntufun
12-05-2011, 06:54 AM
IMO, you can not compare the two. Two brothers twin is way better than the Hindle pipe. The only reason I think the hindle is priced so high, because you are paying for the pipe to say Can Am on it. The Hindle is way better than stock, but a far cry from Two brothers twin.

You can compare the Hindle to HMF if you would like. I think HMF is the better choice because it does not rattle, similar sound, and costs about $400.00 less.

If you do not like a louder pipe, do not choose any of these and stick with stock. I love a louder pipe, but thats just me. :doorag:

NVERLAST1
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
thanks I def want a louder more deeper sound than stock but two pipes just a little too much for me. I was thinking more single exhaust

arntufun
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Than HMF is the one for you . That is the one I run, and it sounds sweet. Click link an see for yourself. Keep in mind this pipe is almost $400.00 less than Hindle and sounds just as bad azz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NJ-w6ipx1tQ

jvicker
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Than HMF is the one for you . That is the one I run, and it sounds sweet. Click link an see for yourself. Keep in mind this pipe is almost $400.00 less than Hindle and sounds just as bad azz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NJ-w6ipx1tQ

:agree: Awesome, Awesome pipe. My best mod so far!

trxrspyder
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
I bought the bike with a TBR carbon fiber exhaust on it. I had to put on the O2 modifier to stop the surging, which isn't a big deal. The sound is loud but good.
Here is where I take issue with the tbr exhaust....repacking! I had to do a repack recently and I noticed their materials are reallllly low grade. Because the clamp is so close to the base of the exhaust, the carbon fiber ovalized at the rivets on the base, creating a leak and a rattle. So I took it apart and did a repack while I was repairing it. I had to re drill the holes to accept 3/16 rivets, because the carbon fiber was too cheap to risk cutting down. This is just my experience, no one else may share my view, however, I do not think you are getting your moneys worth out of a TBR product.....

NVERLAST1
12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
with hmf pipe do i need o2 sensor mod and/or k&n air filter?

StriperKing
12-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I have an RT with a muzzy I adapted to work and love it but I have heard all the exhausts on an RS Spyders and my 2 favorites are the TwoBrothers duel canister and the Leo Vince. The Leo Vince has a very low deep grawl that is just a little bit more subtle than the TwoBrothers. The TwoBrothers sounds very agressive. I love my Muzzy but would trade for the Leo Vince. Just my 2 cents.

Ga Blue Knight
12-05-2011, 11:44 PM
"You can compare the Hindle to HMF if you would like. I think HMF is the better choice because it does not rattle, similar sound, and costs about $400.00 less. " mentioned above.

I only paid $535 for my Hindle at the dealer last year when I bought the bike so the HMF only costs $135? That being said I do like the TBR and the HMF exhausts and they all sound about the same to some degree. I have not had the "rattle" that folks talk about and I do think that the Hindle looks more in line with the design of the bike and not like an add on part.

arntufun
12-06-2011, 03:12 AM
with hmf pipe do i need o2 sensor mod and/or k&n air filter?

I needed the 02 mod to stop the popping on decel. Some people need it and others say they don't.
:dontknow:

"You can compare the Hindle to HMF if you would like. I think HMF is the better choice because it does not rattle, similar sound, and costs about $400.00 less. " mentioned above.

I only paid $535 for my Hindle at the dealer last year when I bought the bike so the HMF only costs $135? That being said I do like the TBR and the HMF exhausts and they all sound about the same to some degree. I have not had the "rattle" that folks talk about and I do think that the Hindle looks more in line with the design of the bike and not like an add on part.

When I was looking at pipes, the BRP 2011 catalog price of the Hindle was $629.00, I got my HMF on ebay for $229.00

I understand what you are saying with some pipes look like an add on's. I think that has to do with what color pipe is being put on the bike. IMO The carbon fiber one I have looks great on the Spyder.

Ga Blue Knight
12-06-2011, 06:39 AM
I agree the carbon TBR twin would be my next choice for mufflers. When I bought my 09 there just was not that much available at the time. I heard the TBR twin at cowtown a few years ago and fell in love! A little pricey though. How has the carbon fiber held up?

CJ/johnnyg
12-06-2011, 06:47 AM
I just got my TBR a couple of weeks ago and I love them. Just about everyone that has heard them wants them. They say they look good on the RS and they make it sound real bad - real bad A-- :doorag: Oh did I tell you I love my RS even more now.

NVERLAST1
12-06-2011, 12:30 PM
i think im gonna go with the hmf over tb, tb may be a tad too loud for me and hindle I have heard too many issues with it

RJB
12-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I had the Hindle installed when I bought the RS, too loud and rough running for me. I'm looking for a sound in between the stock and the Hindle? Does the Leo Vince fit in this category?

BobSled

aka1004
12-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I had the Hindle installed when I bought the RS, too loud and rough running for me. I'm looking for a sound in between the stock and the Hindle? Does the Leo Vince fit in this category?

BobSled

I think two bros with p1x tip will fit your need.
P1 x tip reduces noise significantly unlike p1 tip.
My two bros single with p1x was a bit quiet but now the packing have worn out, it's just about right.
I heard that two bros needs to be repacked more often than others but price is right.
If you ask a eBay vendor "flyncycle" for free p1x tip with $320 single can purchase, they will ask you to buy directly from them. They have been online vendor for a while and that was not a problem.

Leo is louder than hindle but I don't how much their baffle reduces noise. I've only ran it without their baffle.

I started with hindle mostly because it looked like it belong on a spyder but the usual rattle started soon, brp replaced but new one rattled too than I went with Leo and than with two bros single with p1x tip(to make myself less noticeable to cops).
I never liked the shiny finish on two bros. My next one will be either titanium two bro single or yoshimura.

boborgera
12-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I smoke out of a corn cob pipe...unless there are lots of seeds. See you at Spyderfest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be careful smoking that pipe, Corn is one of the ingredients in Gasoline. :yikes:

Love2Ride
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Here is the perfect comparison. My son and I both have 09 RS Roadsters. He has the single aluminum two brothers installed and I have the Hindle. Here are the differences:

- Two brothers is much louder out of the box. My son purchased the exhaust tip and it is about the same as the Hindle now. It was so loud that he couldn't stand it on the highway ( he's 25 so that's saying a lot!)

- the Hindle is a little higher pitched than the two brothers and louder on the highway (which I like). The two brothers is louder than the Hindle at idle but quieter on the Highway with the tip installed. I live in a snobie development so it helps to have the Hindle to sneak out early with out the neighbors complaining about me, again!

- both exhausts backfired on down shifting once and awhile and did it worse in the Moutains. Both bikes had some surging at stop lights or at idle. Installing K&N air filters on both bikes solved this

- If there is any difference in MPG we can't tell since we really dont ride for conservation of natural resources but for fun!

- Hindle is black and Matt grey, the two brother is shinny.

In My opinion you can't go wrong with either one. The Hindle is more mild than the Two Brothers
with out the two brothers exhaust tip installed and the other away around with it it installed.

Yup. What he said.