PDA

View Full Version : BRP Jackets

CJ/johnnyg
11-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Can anyone tell me how the BRP jackets run? Are they true to size or do they run small. I want to order one but I'm not sure what size to get. I would really like to try one on but the shop arround here don't carry them. Any input would be welcome. Thanks

Radthorne
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
May depend on which BRP jacket you're looking at. I have their Summer Mesh jacket in Medium. I'm 5' 7" and 160 pounds, and it fits just about right. But the summer weight stuff may not be designed to worn over as many layers as cold weather jackets, so the sizing might be different.

2NFrnt
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Can anyone tell me how the BRP jackets run? Are they true to size or do they run small. I want to order one but I'm not sure what size to get. I would really like to try one on but the shop arround here don't carry them. Any input would be welcome. Thanks

I have the mens "Can Am Leather Jacket" in XL. XL is what I take in most jackets so I would say that at least the mens run true to size. It is a bit big with the liner removed so it is sized with the liner in.

SpydherLuv
11-29-2011, 06:42 PM
For me, the women's sizes run a bit small. I'm 5'3" with 36" chest and fit into a BRP Medium. Also keep in mind what you will be wearing under the jacket and if it's for summer and winter, or only one season.

SpyderAnn01
11-30-2011, 10:40 AM
I have found that the women's gear runs small. Don't they list pretty detailed measurements in the catalog? I remember seeing arm lengths listed on jackets which for me were way too short.

ARtraveler
11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Comparing BRP size 2XL to Firstgear 2XL. The BRP jacket is a bit more "snug" Both are comfortable after they get zipped up.

SpyderGirl
12-02-2011, 02:32 AM
They tend to run a bit small. I suggest ordering one size up.

DocRags
12-02-2011, 09:53 AM
I would definitely order a size up...women's jackets tend to run small. Dealer in NY recommended getting a bigger size than normal and that was what I did. I've got several of the jackets now and love them. Haven't tried any of the women's pants on since I haven't seen them at any of the dealers we've been in so I'm not sure how they run. Given the jackets seem a bit small, I'd be inclined to order a larger size there, too, if you are looking at them.

CJ/johnnyg
12-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks to all the replies. I'm wanting a jacket for fall or spring weather, that is what most of the cooler weather is down here, I would be wearing a long sleeve under it. Any suggestions on which jacket would be the most suitable. I really didn't want leather, the last leather jacket I had weighed a ton. You could hardly move. I think I would definitely get one size up, after reading the post here. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. The quys too, johnnyg wants to get one also.

Holly
12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks to all the replies. I'm wanting a jacket for fall or spring weather, that is what most of the cooler weather is down here, I would be wearing a long sleeve under it. Any suggestions on which jacket would be the most suitable. I really didn't want leather, the last leather jacket I had weighed a ton. You could hardly move. I think I would definitely get one size up, after reading the post here. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. The quys too, johnnyg wants to get one also.

I agree with the other replies about size : They definitely run a little small. Both men and womens. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the ladies technical jacket. I absolutely love it ! It is 100% polyester. I would normally wear an extra small or small jacket, but I have this in a medium. I wore it all spring and fall, and now that the weather is even cooler, (40's ), I'm still wearing it with a fleece underneath. You can find it in the 2011 BRP catalog on page 19. The style number is 440477.

CJ/johnnyg
12-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Sizes are:

Mens:
S
M
L
XL
XXL
XXXL
XXXXL
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL