PDA

View Full Version : Great little ride today

Lamonster
11-25-2011, 05:07 PM
The weather has been great here and I needed to make a run for some oil and filters along with some new tools. Ran into CATastrophe (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?8255-CATastrophe) and her husband at East TN ATV and had a nice chat with them. Life is good :doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37425&d=1322258728

DynamoBT
11-25-2011, 05:43 PM
We were out today too!! Great weather for it! Though we did drive by areas which had snow!!!! Glad we didn't get any this far south in NH!!! It was weird, as I first wondered where all the water on the road was coming from. Then, I noticed the snow!!! Quite a lot of it too!!

Probably going out tomorrow as well. This weather is unreal!!!

Sarge707
11-25-2011, 05:45 PM
:clap: Mid 60,s here Tomorrow!

rogerb
11-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Try this scenario. Six inches of snow on the ground can't really plow because ground isn't frozen and 5 miles down the road they don't have any snow. Hopefully the snow will harden enough tonight so I can get the Spyder out to the road. :pray:

rhansen309
11-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Weather was great in southern Michigan, Athens MI. We went for a ride and it was great. According to my wife that was the last ride. So tomorrow I am getting a battery tender, fuel stabil, and covering it up. Oh well, it was a fun summer. Looking forward to our first Spyderfest in April. Some mods for the winter will include Lamonster's NBV pegs and additional lights.

CATastrophe
11-25-2011, 06:39 PM
We just got home about 6:30. I was thrilled to meet Lamont. :D He is such a nice guy!

We had our Spyder in for its 3k service and were mentioning I'd love to see Lamont's setup and especially the new GPS location. Hubby didn't want to move ours until we could see how the dash mount would be relative to us in the seat. We figured when Lamont has his BBQ this summer we could check some things out like the GPS. Well, the service guys had just pulled our ryde out of the garage and guess who pulled up? :clap:

So we got to meet Lamont, see his awesome ryde, check out some goodies we'd like done, - love the cup holder mod and really love the GPS location.

Also love that Corbin seat. :yes:

So we had a great afternoon at the dealer. We got a list of things we'll have done and our thanks go to Lamont for being so gracious.

When we finally got back on the road again, we hit 91 out to Shady Valley then 421 (the snake) into Bristol. Somewhere along 421 I was driving and on a particularly sharp, steep, uphill, hairpin I managed to lift a tire. :shocked: The spyder was flawless and did its job. Next time I'll take that turn a bit wider. :p It was a beaut of a day for riding in NETN.

SpyderDen
11-25-2011, 07:55 PM
:thumbup::thumbup:
If the roads clear, we are going to watch the Atlas V take off, heading for Mars tomorrow. Then on to Cocoa Beach to meet up with some Spyder Lovers at Coconuts on the Beach for lunch.:doorag:

Hope I can make the long ride on my stock seat.

Lamonster
11-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Good to meet you guys, hope we can hookup for a ride one day. :doorag:

NancysToy
11-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Nancy and I just got home, too. Rode to Holland, MI, for a little Christmas shopping. Decent weather...didn't even need the heated grips. You can't beat that for late November. Surprisingly little traffic on the roads. I guess the trick is to wait until noon, and stay away from the malls. ;)

GloryRyders
11-26-2011, 08:34 AM
:agree:............yesterday was a great day for a ryde. St. Louis was in the high 60's so we were out and about from about 9:30 AM until after dark.:2thumbs: Where was the rest of the gang in St. Louis and St. Charles:dontknow:, didn't see anyone. :lecturef_smilie:

CATastrophe
11-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Good to meet you guys, hope we can hookup for a ride one day. :doorag:

We would love to do that! :thumbup:

bruiser
11-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Nancy and I just got home, too. Rode to Holland, MI, for a little Christmas shopping. Decent weather...didn't even need the heated grips. You can't beat that for late November. Surprisingly little traffic on the roads. I guess the trick is to wait until noon, and stay away from the malls. ;)

Our company (Tennant) has a plant in Holland.

bruiser
11-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Beautiful day here today. Cool this morning, warm this afternoon. Participated in a toy run with over 700 other bikes. Unfortunately, I wasn't on the :spyder2: :yikes:. I rode the Vulcan in this one .There was a Pearl White LTD there, I know the owner but didn't get a chance to talk to him. Glad to be home.

kyspydergal
11-26-2011, 07:34 PM
It was 66 and sunny here in KY yesterday so kyfarmgal and I headed out for a little Black Friday shopping at Tater Knob Pottery in Berea, KY. Great weather, great riding and great shopping. Who could ask for anything more in late November.