PDA

View Full Version : A Cowtown Story

Mo Lee
11-22-2011, 07:17 PM
and maybe the first for Spyderlovers at least. It was late January of 09 and the wife had pretty much talked me into a Spyder, so we drove up to Cowtown and I figured maybe I would order a Spyder not expecting them to have one in stock. Between Len and the wife they convinced me to buy one on the showroom floor. Not expecting to buy one I had not brought a helmet or winter riding gear with me and it was in the low 30s. I remember Len asking me where my trailor was and gave me a shocked look when I told him I would ride it home but I would need to buy an helmet, and he hooked me up with one, I wanted to buy some riding gloves and they did not have any in stock I was ready to pull out and buy some in the next town when he brought me a pair that one of the mechanics donated to the cause. Since that time I have always been treated as a friend 1st and as a customer 2nd.
The last couple of years it has amazed me how many similar stories have been posted about this small town dealership, every since the 1st Spyderfest when the nation discovered Missouri's best kept secret.
Just wanted to share this and maybe some others would like to share their stories about how they were introduced to this outgoing and friendly dealership, that has done so much for Spyderlovers and has given us Spyderfest and so many great memories.

boborgera
11-22-2011, 07:38 PM
As i read these posts [positive] about Cowtown, I'm thinking that if i had a dealer like Cowtown near me i would probably still have my Spyder. :(

arntufun
11-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Thats it........ How can one dealer be this much better than the rest of ours ??? :dontknow:

Is it the fact that they charge the batterys prior to delivery and put the Spyder together correctly ?
Is it the fact that the tech actually knows WTF he is doing ?
Is it the fact the owner cares how their business is run ?
Is it the fact that they return your calls ?
Is it the fact that they do not put the Spyder on the back burner for snowmobiles ?
Is it the fact that they care about the customer ?
Is it the fact that they want your business instead of thinking they are doing you a favor being the only dealer close to me ?

Most likely the answer to all these questions is yes. For that, you people that are close enough to go there should be thankful to do so. I know I wish that Cowtown was in NY, thats no lie. If it was, the Spyder experience would be near perfect. Congrats to MO people. :thumbup:

We all envy you, but you must understand that most of us with sub-standard dealers get very upset with all this love for one place. Sorry to say that, but my dealer has still not called me back for a part I called about two working days ago. So go ahead and rub salt in my open wounds MO. :roflblack:

Yazz
11-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Yes, I'm part of the Mo Gang. No, I'm not from Missouri or there abouts, but thats another story...

Was taking the long route to SiTS. Wanted to get a trailer hitch put on, and wanted done right. Had been to the first Spyderfest, was impressed with Cowtown so went back up there to get it installed, then ride with RTGene to Gatlinburg. Being a patient customer, got there a few days early so there would be no rush. Was given a RT to get around on while Spydee was in the shop. Well, they got it done right in one day, so Len invited me up to a bike show in Lake of the Ozarks.

We had a hoot! Being a flat-lander, learned to ryde the twisties and was very impressed with the agility of a RT. What happens on the road, stays on the road. Needless to say, made many new, now old friends. Will never forget our adventures. Love Y'all...

Fast forward to the Texas Pickett House run last weekend... Someone was talking about the quality of the dealers in our area. Out of the blue, another guy said take it to Cowtown, its worth the ride. I totally agreed.

Len and Cowtown are the real deal. There is no gimmick. They take pride in their work, and treat everyone like family.

NancysToy
11-22-2011, 08:35 PM
I first met Len at the Chicago Owner's Event. Last year, when I was looking for an RT-622 trailer, I gave him a shout. It was like we saw each other every day...best of friends instantly. He persuaded me to come to Spyderfest to pick up the trailer, and I found that every thing ever said about Len, Rick, Cowtown, and the entire staff. Most impressive dealership and group of dedicated workers I have ever seen! I am proud to call them my friends. I guess I am a customer, too, but it sure seems to be secondary.

Yazz
11-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Thats it........ How can one dealer be this much better than the rest of ours ??? :dontknow:

Is it the fact that they charge the batterys prior to delivery and put the Spyder together correctly ?
Is it the fact that they do not put the Spyder on the back burner for snowmobiles ?
Is it the fact that they want your business instead of thinking they are doing you a favor being the only dealer close to me ?

Most likely the answer to all these questions is yes. For that, you people that are close enough to go there should be thankful to do so. I know I wish that Cowtown was in NY, thats no lie. If it was, the Spyder experience would be near perfect. Congrats to MO people. :thumbup:

We all envy you, but you must understand that most of us with sub-standard dealers get very upset with all this love for one place. Sorry to say that, but my dealer has still not called me back for a part I called about two working days ago. So go ahead and rub salt in my open wounds MO. :roflblack:

It takes me three days (o.k., I enjoy the scenery) to get to Cowtown. Still waiting on parts ordered a year and a half ago from a local dealer. I have moved on.

For mundane things, I go to the local dealer. For serious things, think performance enhancement, electrical issues, I go to Cowtown. They have never let me down.

If you trailer, it isn't that far.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-22-2011, 09:06 PM
I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN THERE AND I LOVE COWTOWN................:2excited: ..............:agree:..........:yes:..:yes:..:yes: ........MIKE........:thumbup:

arntufun
11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
It takes me three days (o.k., I enjoy the scenery) to get to Cowtown. Still waiting on parts ordered a year and a half ago from a local dealer. I have moved on.

For mundane things, I go to the local dealer. For serious things, think performance enhancement, electrical issues, I go to Cowtown. They have never let me down.

If you trailer, it isn't that far.

Your right........ It's only 17 hrs 29 mins / 1080.71 miles
I'm lucky if I get 10 MPG with a my V8 truck pulling the trailer and Spyder at $3.75 per gallon :roflblack:

I do understand why you go there and hope to finally see for myself the hype at 2013 Spyderfest. :thumbup:

Big Arm
11-22-2011, 09:34 PM
I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN THERE AND I LOVE COWTOWN................:2excited: ..............:agree:..........:yes:..:yes:..:yes: ........MIKE........:thumbup:

hope to finally see for myself the hype at 2013 Spyderfest. :thumbup:

I hope you both will be able to make the 2012 Spyderfest and see for yourself what a great dealer this is.
They put a lot of effort into everything they do, and it'sdone right, ......and it really is like family.

xpeschon
11-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Yazz I remember that week-end, had fun right?? I must admit when I was interested in the spYder I was told by a close friend of mine that Lee has one and that I should pick his brain a bit.. I got Lee's number ( complete stranger at this point ), he told me everything about the spYder and my next phone call was cowtown.. Talked to Len on the phone and told him I was interested, we talked briefly and he told me he had one 2008 still left and that there is a 1000.00 dollar off the sticker cause the 09's where out and there was a push for them to sell.. I meet up with Ricky that same day at the dealership with my wife, Len was out goofing off, oh I mean conducting business elsewhere out of the dealership, we test drove it, went home and slept on it and bought it the next day.. Ricky told me a little bit about how the dealership got started, it all started around the dining room table at his house and expanded from there, basically its a family business and I just LOVE that.. That day I meant up with Len and from that day forward its been nothing short of great experience.. I have had the experience to get to know the complete staff and they are all true professionals.

Thank you for everything, especially the whole spyderfest support..

PS: There is another good story to this one that happened a few months later, Lets just say that LEN and his CREW believe in the whole spyderlovers forum right guys??

X Joe

Dick Wells
11-22-2011, 10:37 PM
I had thought I would go around by Cowtown on my way to Texas, but didn't. In too much hurry to get warm, I guess. Met Len, Rick, and all the rest at Spyder Fest, and learned what these posts are talking about. If every business in the country was run the way Cowtown is, the U. S. of A. would be in much better shape, all around. Ever hear of the Golden Rule? That's their creed, every day, every time!
Fact is, I've never entered a dealership of any kind that treated me the way I was treated at Cowtown, and I really haven't had much bad experience, overall at other places, just that they (Cowtown) are so far ahead of all the others that it's almost shocking. No big problem with our Vermont dealers, they just can't compare. Sounds like most other Spyder owners are learning the same welcome lesson.:thumbup::clap:

chickenhoose
11-22-2011, 10:50 PM
I met Len at spyderfest 2011 briefly. I had so much fun there that over memorial weekend Leesa and i went back to ride some of the Friday rides i was not able to then. We met Len at Cow town, he treated us as if we had purchased our rt there. He fixed the bolt on my seat, adjusted the radio, and answered many questions while we visited.
Len is the real deal, Jerry

JCSMOKE
11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
As i read these posts [positive] about Cowtown, I'm thinking that if i had a dealer like Cowtown near me i would probably still have my Spyder. :(

You could move.:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-22-2011, 11:50 PM
YES...BIG ARM....I'M GOING...GOT A ROOM AT DAYS INN IN ST JAMES......YA HOO ...HOT DAM...:yes::yes::yes::bowdown::bowdown::shemademe_ smilie::agree::2excited:....MIKE

SteveMac
11-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't buy my Spyder at Cowtown.
In some perverse, ironic way, this is why I appreciate them so much.

Here is the tale.

I had fallen in love with the Spyder in 2009, and finally when the RTs came out in 2010, I decided that I wanted one. Finally, in 2011 my wife and I were empty nesters and decided it was time. I went to the Can Am site to search for local dealers, and while Cowtown was listed, I decided to go with a dealer that was a bit closer to my home. Keep in mind that I had never been to Cowtown, Nor had I met Len, heck I hadn't even been on SpyderLovers for that matter.

So, I purchased my Spyder (at that different dealer), and honestly, the experience with the sales guy was really, really poor and I am not a hard guy to please. He just didn't seem to care at all. To this day, I am still not sure why I went through with the purchase, but I did, and my experience was so bad, I began searching the internet. Power of Google, so to speak to see exactly what my options for a dealer would be.

My Google search brought me to SpyderLovers, and through SpyderLovers, I found Spyderfest 2011. I was on this site continuously for about six weeks leading up to Spyderfest. My wife and I went to Cuba as our first longer trip on the RT (Cowtown and Cuba are three hours from my home). I didn't know a soul there, but we met many nice folks, some of whom I recognized from SpyderLovers. I saw Forrest and SethO right away. Didn't know them but I recognized them, and both spoke to me like old friends. I briefly spoke to Lamont, and the same thing, a great guy who didn't know me but still I was made to feel as if he did. Throughout the entire event, we met several people with whom I have become friends. Dinner at Spyders on the Green with Jeff and Brenda (adoptedorphans) and BJ and Dennis. Then the final night dinner with David (ntxYguy2009) and Mark and Laurie (ToFriendsCreek), along with others. Well, you get the point.

That brings us to Len and Rick Damouth and Cowtown. :thumbup:

I knew by this time that they were the father and son team at Cowtown. I never actually spoke with either of them at length. I VERY briefly spoke with Len at the Spyders on the Green event at the golf course. But in "typical Len fashion" he was running around everywhere. Energizer Bunny is an accurate monniker,,, but I just observed how he treated the folks and I saw first hand some of the things I had read about here on SpyderLovers. Then on one of the days, we met a couple “Frank and Teresa from St Louis”. They loved our RT and while we were having lunch at MoHicks BBQ, they spontaneously decided to go to Cowtown and trade in their Goldwing and RS on a new Viper Red RTS and 622 Trailer, so we rode over with them and kept them company while they did their deal. Again, I just observed how Rick and the staff treated them, and I compared and contrasted that with my experience at a different dealer. I knew that I wanted these guys to be my dealer, but they were three hours away and I left Spyderfest wondering why I hadn't done more research before my purchase and found them sooner . Still, they were three long hours away from home. Right?

It wouldn’t be long after Spyderfest 2011, that I would decide that three SHORT hours would not prevent me from making Cowtown MY dealer.

Interesting point. Elka shocks brought me into contact with Len Damouth and that is where my tale continues. :thumbup:

Elka shocks and Cowtown had some specials going at SpyderFest 2011. Some of you will recall that. Well, after the event was over, Len posted here on SpyderLovers that they would offer that same special for a short time. I sent Len a PM along with my cell number. Yes, you have heard this same story DOZENS of times here,,, but Len gave me a call on my cell phone to hook me up with the front Elkas. He spent a lot of time helping me make sure that I knew what to ask for, and then he put me into contact with John at Elka. Now, I didn't find out until later that Len had called me despite being VERY busy with some happy family business... I won't go into details. But just the fact that he had taken time out from something FAR more important than getting me some Elka shocks,,, Well let me just say that I was SO IMPRESSED that I decided right then and there that no matter how much further away it was, Cowtown would be the only dealer I would do business with from that point on. Period. Len follows up with a phone call later (yes a follow up call) to make sure I was happy with my Elkas and also to invite me to the “store rYde” that left the parking lot at Cowtown the first Saturday of every month with the MoGang. Len absolutely treated me like he had known me for years, so I said, “Sure, we would love to…..”

Connie and I meet the MoGang for the first time! :thumbup:

So we show up at Cowtown the first weekend in May 2011, Len greets us at the gate as we are pulling in, welcomes us, and begins introductions. I don’t recall just who all was there, but there were a dozen or so Spyders there for the rYde. I remember meeting several folks that day. Rick and Kathy, MoLee and Lily, Linda and John, Jim and Linda, Jeff and Brenda (again), Cliff and Patty, Bridgett and Don, Joe Peschon, Danny Farris, Sharon and Fire Joe among others. I know I missed some, but again, you get the point. I guess there is just something good in the water around Cuba, because we felt so “at home” and among friends, that we have only missed one weekend since. MoGang continues to grow, we eventually met Brenda (spydermonkey4) and we invited her to a rYde and now SHE is a regular too! Len and Vanessa and the whole MoGang are now part of our family and we look forward to seeing them each month.

Since that time, I have had the RT in for service a few times and Dan, Kevin and the crew there always greet me with a smile and do great work to boot. What more could you ask?

Is Cowtown a great dealer? Absolutely. But it is more than that. You really are among friends there. Folks, I count as a blessing (in my already pretty good life) the day I did a Google search that resulted in SpyderLovers <to> Spyderfest <to> Cowtown <to> MoGang and one of the best group of folks and best friends you could ever want to meet.

All of us Spyderlovers really do have a good gig going here. Thanks Lamont! We meet folks online who may eventually become friends, and we have a centrally located national event, SpyderFest in Cuba MO, at which to meet and greet.

So, yes, Cowtown is a great dealer, but for my wife and I, this adventure truly began at SpyderFest 2011. If you were there last year, come again and re-acquaint with old friends. If you weren’t there last year, then by golly,,,,,,, MAKE SURE YOU GET TO SPYDERFEST 2012!
You will meet folks and make more Spyder rYding friends than you can count.

:yes::yes::yes::spyder::yes::yes::yes:

flamingobabe
11-23-2011, 12:09 AM
I haven't met anyone from Cowtown...was there, in Cuba, Mo., this past summer...arrived on Sunday late afternoon...stayed at the Best western...next morning traveled northeast to west virginia.....back to Cowtown.....I feel that I know the Mo Gang and they are my friends.....see y'all in April at Spyderfest:yes::yes::yes:

murphybrown
11-23-2011, 04:49 AM
:thumbup::yes::firstplace: If you weren’t there last year, then by golly,,,,,,, MAKE SURE YOU GET TO SPYDERFEST 2012!
You will meet folks and make more Spyder rYding friends than you can count. :agree:

Agreed...had not a clue what I was heading for last year...now that I do wouldn't miss it...highly recommend to all Spyder Ryders....if you don't have an absolutely incredible experience at Cowtown and Spyderfest 2012 than please take my advise and stop by WalMart in Cuba and purchase a hand mirror and take a good look...more than likely that gorgeous face in the mirror may just need an attitude shift!!! Just suggesting!! :roflblack:

Trooper
11-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Now my long winded story:

To openly write about a business relationship in not something I normally like to do, simply because business is business....but Len has taken it to another level.

My first contact with Len from Cowtown was over the phone in December of 2009. He called to inquire into our products for a customer looking to outfit his Spyder. As months went buy, we developed a good healthy business relationship, and we got along just fine taking care of each other business needs....he was starting to push our products, and I had started referring customers to him for their Spyder suspension. However, Spyderfest 2011 is where I think my attitude towards him changed.

So here I am, arriving in Missouri at the St-Louis airport much later than anticipated as flight delays will do, and missed the Wednesdays planned vendors meeting. All I could think of was "Just great...what a good first impression that will make on Len."

Next morning, I drive into Cowtown's parking lot, and I think I had the only car there amongst all theses Spyders. Not only that, but the car rental place hooked me up with a white Buick Grand Marquis....in other words, a cop car. It was interesting to see the faces of Spyder riders thinking “what the heck is this ghost car doing here?" I’m sure some were thinking that I was there for Doc, but it was not the case....but I digress.

I will never forget seeing Len for the first time. I had to have someone point him out to me, and I decided I would wait it out a little considering the lineup of people who wanted to speak to him.

Here's my point: Not once, for one moment, did I ever see Len alone. There was always someone near him wanting to speak to him. Not only this, but every person who asked him for something, or needed something from him, left satisfied. He did not say "no" to one person, he did not pass the buck off to anyone else, he did not refuse to help anybody, and everyone that dealt with him left with a smile. (A lot of credit also goes to his lovely wife who was I believe 8 months pregnant at the time. She did not say a peep about her discomfort, or the inconvenience of not having a husband for a week during Spyderfest.)

I think it was only on the Friday that I got to speak to Len in person for the first time. I understood how busy he was, and understood that I had to make it brief. For those brief moments that we had to speak to each other, I really got to see the passion he had for his customers, and his passion to make Spyderfest a success. The most shocking to me however was his willingness to squeeze his last drops of energy to go above and beyond to help a customer.

Late Saturday night after the party at about 11:00, Len decided that one more customer needed help, so we drove to his house, and in his personal garage installed a set of shocks on a customers RT at 11:30 at night. At midnight, the customer rolled out of Len's garage ready for his trip back home the next morning.

In my eyes, you could not get a more dedicated, selfless person than Len, and I have been a fan ever since. His dedication and commitment for the taking care of his customers is second to none, and anyone who has had the chance to meet him and deal with him should feel lucky that there is still someone out there who knows how to treat his customer’s right.

To me, he is not just a person I share a business relationship with anymore, I truly consider him a friend. He is a guy I can talk to on the phone for hours and not spend one minute talking about business.

So whatever is in the drinking water around your place Len, just don’t stop drinking it. Just leave me a glass when I get there.

CHEERS !!!

GloryRyders
11-23-2011, 11:47 AM
:agree: with what everyone else has said. If you walk through the door of Cowtown, you are instantly "family". If you already have a Spyder and didn't buy it at Cowtown or just comming in to just nosey at them, you are all treated the same. What a great group of people :firstplace: I know that there are other outstanding dealers in the Spyder world, but those of us who live in Missouri or close enought to make the trip to Cowtown feel especially blessed to know Len, Rick, Kathy, Dan, Kevin, Tom and all the rest who will make the trip their a great experience.

My story:
October 2009 my wife was at one of the malls in St. Louis (what's new :dontknow:) and saw this "strange looking" motorcycle. She called me on the cell phone and said to meet her to look at it.:lecturef_smilie: Well we noticed that it was placed there by Cowtown and since we were heading down I-44 the following week we decided that we would stop and take a look at them (at least Linda decided that we would):shemademe_smilie:. Well we stopped in and Len was lurking around the door and immediately made us feel welcomed. After talking to him for a while (probably 2 hours) and sitting on one in particular, we said that they were "nice" and would think about it. Len said anytime we wanted to take a test drive just let him know and we could. (No pressure)

Well off we went but after a couple of days later "we" decided:shemademe_smilie: to call and go back out for a visit and take him up on the test drive idea. After a couple of minuets of instruction (pointing out the buttons and switches), down the outer road I went and back to the store. Linda hopped on and, with Len leading the way, we were off for about an hour on the back roads for the test drive. We got back to Cowtown, said to Len that it was a fun experience but again we would think about it. With no pressures of a typical sales person, he said no problem, just let him know if we were interested.

Well, needless to say, a day later we called again and said that we would take it and would be out on Saturday to pick it up (I needed to get a learners permit) and drive it home. Len did offer to deliver it to St. Louis, which is 80 miles one way, to make it easy for us, but we didn't take him up on the offer. (How many dealers would do that?:dontknow:)
In the spring of 2010 we went to Spyderfest, Len introduced us to the MoGang members at that time, and it has been a great party ever since :yes:

We are now on our second Spyder, of course from Cowtown and nothing ever changes in their attitudes to insure that we are having a great experience.

Way to go Len :D

ARtraveler
11-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Great thread about a dealer who treats the customers right and takes care of business the way they should. Dealers like this are few and far between currently.

There are a lot of businesses here in AK that are just like the list that Arntufun posted. It is a pleasure to see an occasional business like Cowtown.

For those who may make the big trip to AK--I can point you to another great dealer that cares about customers, treats you right, and knows what they are doing. Advance notice on the need for service--and they will be waiting for you. Team CC of Eagle River and Wasilla--a family owned business that I have been doing business with since 2001. I have purchased a total of 7 vehicles from them--4 Kawi's and 3 Spyders.

Bob Denman
11-23-2011, 02:07 PM
I think it's great that there are dealers out there who end up with so many friends who just so happen to be customers also! :thumbup:
I've always tried to run my business in a manner that made people feel welcome; after 33 years I hope that I've done a few things right!
So :congrats: to the crew at CowTown. Let's hope that some of our dealers decide to take aim at the high standards that they've set! :2thumbs::firstplace:

pitbull
11-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Wow.......What can a guy say when thank you doesn't even begin to come close to the level of all of this. Lee you and the WHOLE MOGANG And the extened spyder family have been soooo sooo good to all of us here. Each and everyone of you have been commited and behind us right from the start of our spyder Journey. For some of us the spyder is just another toy, and even thou you love it or them they still have not changed your life. For us the spyder has done that on a level that just hasn't stopped...... and when I say spyder, I mean all of you!!! with out the spyder would most likely never meet. The friendships that have been made with each and everyone of you are priceless, I continue to be amazed at your all's willingness to go above and beyond to show your friendship and support.....You guys have become family! So I thank God for you Guys and Gals!!! Lee, Steve, John, Trooper, Joe, Lamont, Linda, and so many more you guys keep me going! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE SPYDERLOVERS! I enjoy dealing with people on this form so much, not just biz, but friendship. It seems like at least a couple of times a week I have a new member come walking in the store, and I get to meet a new friend, you may be from Washigton or Florida, or any where between but we are friend. So saying thank you for all of your support, biz, help, but most of all friendship! doesn't seem nearly enough! Wish there was a way I could repay you ALL for the deep debt that I am in to all of you. I can remember my first time meeting each and everyone of you guys, And I can say the pleasures was and is all mine! you all have done so right by me. Looking forward to great next year! HAPPY THANKS GIVING My Spyder friends and family!

RAYYOU
11-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Len, my wife and I were in your store today and got to meet you in person for the first time. I have to say you and your team are everything we have heard of and more. I didn't think that there were any dealers out there that treated customers this well anymore. It was great dealing with someone that wanted to help this much.

Can't wait to get home and install the new wheels and shock.

Thanks again,
I will be talking to you soon.

Ray and Cheryl Young

Fire Joe
11-24-2011, 10:33 AM
My story is much the same as some of the others already posted. Bought my Spyder online and came across Len and Cowtown with the help of Spyderlovers.

Had my Spyder one week when the oil pressure sending unit went bad. Had it towed to Cowtown and they fixed it right up. They went ahead and checked for all updates since I had informed them that I bought it used. Ever since that visit they have been nothing but very helpful and friendly to me. Not a month after that first visit came the day my Spyder caught on fire. Len was amongst our group out on a holiday ride and long story short, he ended up letting me take his Spyder so I could get home that day as I was more than 2 hrs. away from home. He didn't have to do that at all and I wasn't expecting it but that is just how he is. He would give the shirt off his back if he felt he needed to. Needless to say Len and the group at Cowtown got my Spyder back to better than ever shape after the fire and I have been loyal to them ever since. There has been other things that Len has done for me that I feel was above and beyond what a dealer should have to do for it's customers.

I am very greatful for having met such a wonderful person and a great group of people that work with him. I could only wish that every Spyder owner had a dealership like Cowtown. Thanks so much Len for everything you do for us! :thumbup:

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

SpyderLady
11-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Well everyone stole my thunder regarding Len and Cowtown. I won't add my long story but will say everything Steve, MoLee and everyone else has said is true. I met Len and Venessa prior to the first SpyderFest 2010. Gene had turned us on to Cowtown and their service and reasonable repair/warranty prices. Since then it has been the greatest thing since baseball and apple pie. Len, Venessa and Cowtown have taken us into their family. They go above and beyond making us feel loved and included in everything. Len thanks MOGANG for all its hard work for SpyderFest, but one must realize we probably are that way because of him. If it were not for him, his friendship, his caring, etc. we would not be as willing to help him out. I used to have a Harley family, BUT they are nothing compared to my MOGANG and spyder family. Thank you Len, Venessa and Cowtown for being what and who you are.:thumbup::clap:

rcantrell52
11-26-2011, 06:45 PM
I would like to add my 2 cents worth to this story. I called Len in August about adding some LED lights to our 2010 RT-S. He said they'd be happy to put the lights on, let them know what we wanted & he'd be sure the lights were there when we arrived. Our schedule forced us to go in October, after calling Len again to discuss the lights once again & other things we wanted done. He suggested in addition to lights, we do a Stage 2 performance package & after reviewing it with me, I concurred. We went in Nov. to Cuba & they installed on 17-18.
So the LED lights, Stage 2 performance package & a battery tuner, 3,000 mile service, XM-module install & other repairs were made. During the XM-service module install, the service team found the original communication wiring pack was not installed properly and rerouted the wiring properly. They said it would work if left alone but recommended strongly that the wiring be routed properly. They are very concerned with work standards being correct the first time.
While we were there we met Glory Ryders, 2nFront, and Eddie K & had great conversations with all, glad we were able to meet them.
Besides Len we met the vast majority of personnel there. Len was so helpful, suggesting where to stay, places to eat & attractions to see. We saw the World's Largest Rocking Chair & spent $$ in Fanning, MO. We spoke with Rick and Cathy & got to know them some, very impressed with Rick's story of his company and vision and business plan for Cowtown. They have excellent customer service standards and are dedicated to maintaining it daily. Nice to see a company that practices what it preaches. We had an awesome trip to Cowtown, got the modifications we desired, met Len & the other staffers, & met some of the other Cowtown customers! A stellar experience, very satisfying. These people do everything they can to make customers comfortable & wanted.
Sincerely,
Reese Cantrell

adopted orphans
11-26-2011, 10:39 PM
It was 2007 and we needed a farm buggy. We had heard about Cowtown on the radio and saw it while driving by on Hwy 44. We decided to go check things out. We liked the XRT Club Car. Jeff wanted to know if it could hold up to what he would be putting it threw so Len took him for a ride.....and what a ride Jeff got...off the backside of the damn at Cowtown.:yikes: We were impressed so we bought it. I think we were more impressed with Len and his craziness. :shocked: After that we went back and purchased a fourwheeler for me. Between that time and now Jeff has done some work for Len on his house, also for Rick and we have been invited to their homes, and even spent the night with Rick and Cathy. We were treated like we were part of the family. :)

We had seen the Spyder and honestly our first thoughts were "That is the ugliest thing we have ever seen." Well we were invited, by Len, to come to Spyderfest even though we rode a Goldwing at the time.(We became the Orphans). We went and helped with the set up of the first Spyderfest. We enjoyed ourselves so much, met so many amazing people and were impressed with the safety of the Spyder. I had always wanted to ride but never could balance a two wheel bike for some reason. I told Jeff that if we had a Spyder (we had grown to love them at the end of Spyderfest) I would be able to ride like I have always wanted. He agreed to sell the Goldwing (his baby) and get a Spyder so I could ride and for the fact his legs are getting worse and holding up the Goldwing was getting to be a safety concern. We talked to Len and he gave us an amazing trade-in on the Goldwing and we purchased our first Spyder RT. Well we kept it for almost a year and I had not rode it. I had asked my husband to get an automatic because I would feel safer since I was a new rider. Well needless to say he didnt listen. :hun: So I began to lose interest in the Spyder. Well the amazing husband I have surprised me (big surprise) by trading it in for a new 2011 AUTOMATIC Spyder RTS in March for my birthday at Cowtown. How many dealers would let you have a surprise birthday party in their store? We can not say enough about Len and everyone at Cowtown. We love them very much.

And now we are the Adopted Orphans!

Smokinspyder
11-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Seems that The Cowtown people like their job and show it to the customer . The owners down to the managers know that if they treat customers right by allowing most of the small requests to be a yes they can build better rapport with customers as well as get more business from sites like this, giving them more ability to have the bigger issues handled because they become a "premier dealer" . No matter what it is Cowtown seems to really have a HUGE following with people who have been there and need to be thanked for their hard work at making us happy. We all need a Cowtown in our areas . To the Cowtown people reading this THANK YOU .Even though some of us have yet to even set foot on your property.

zrc
11-30-2011, 07:48 AM
I have been looking at spyders for over 2 years, longing and wanting. After finding spyder lovers and not getting what I needed from a Dealer in Alabama and a dealer in TN, I just took a shot and called cowtown. I was patched through from a PERSON answering the phone to Len. First off, a real person answering the phone and directing your call these days is something I consider rare. I talked to Len for a short time and late in the day. He could get me what I was after, but he told me about the pricing and that he had something else if I was willing to bend on color and year model. It was a Tuesday, October 11th. Saturday October the 15th I got my Spyder delivered near Chattanooga, TN from Cowtown.

To further this commentary, Len sent it without me giving them the first cent, I handed a check to the driver and paid him his fee seperately. Since the driver was a spyder owner as well, he gave me the once over and told me about how the SE worked since I had never been on anything but a manual. Within 6 hours I was in Birmingham, AL hanging out with my girlfriend showing her my new toy. I understand your perspective Randy. Its a 10ish hour drive for me, and while I have some local dealers that I will be doing business with when I need to for items along the road, I will spend the wintering season saving money and preparing for mods I am not comfortable with to be installed at Cowtown in April.

I have only spoken to Sarah and Len at cowtown, almost 99% of the time via Email. And I have nothing but praise for them. I have never set foot in Cuba, MO but I figure I can work their mechanics out once a year for 2 days. I am sure plenty of other people here think the same.

And to hell with trailering that RS you and Holly need to ryde it out. If you wanna go a little south and stay in a log cabin, I will gladly let you all camp out as a hold over spot on the ryde, next year, this year, anytime.

I also want to take a minute and thank Lamont, for the this community, and the chance just to talk and share with all of YOU that read all the posts. Im new to this place, and this ryde. But I consume the information here like a ravenous fat kid at Willy Wonka's factory. If any of you are tired, in trouble, or need anything and on the stretch of I75 between Knoxville, TN and Chattanooga, TN. Email me, call me or maybe yell really loud and I will drop in. It has been a long time since I have been able to be a part of something this "family" like in a long time, and I have been missing it even though I didnt even know it.

Email: zrcarman@gmail.com
Cell: (423)-693-8337

Thanks Len and Cowtown for being an amazing dealer, BRP for an innovative and fun as hell product, Spyderlovers for being a cool place and Lamont for going an extra mile to make a place to call "virtual home"

ThreeWheels
01-12-2012, 12:40 PM

You can get equally good service in East Haven CT.
It might be worth the trip.

owens9fingers
01-13-2012, 09:00 AM
I think everything has been said.... but just wanted to add that "Spiderwoman", and I drove down to the first "Spyderfest" and that's where we fell for "Cowtown"....... and then as a plus ..... we met the "MoGang"! Great people !!
We're still driving over 200 miles to get our service done, and be part of the "MoGang". THANK YOU...... keep up the great work! :firstplace: