PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects

arntufun
11-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Since I'm keeping my 08, this is my list of projects For the winter months.

1. Oil change / Baja Ron's store
2. Plug wires / Baja Ron's store
3. Plugs / Baja Ron's store
4. Air filter
5. Frunk spring mod/ sick of needing two hands
6. Clutch fluid reservoir/ slight leak in mine ---not a waranty covered item
7. Generation 3 brake pads/ cant stand squeal any longer
8. Foam in air box hose / will have it apart anyway to change air filter
9. Licence plate bolt lights / I removed my rear fender and I need a light to be legal
10. Rear tire / for some reason mine is bald already- Thanks Roger, he is giving me one
11. Powder coating rear wheel, sprocket and all 4 footpeg brackets black to match front rims I did already.

I'm thinking between 6-8 hundred should cover it but I'm getting enough of Baja's products for two oil changes. :pray: This hopefully covers the labor for tire mount and clutch bleeding. The rest I can do besides the actual powder coater work.

What work will you be doing during this off season of riding ??? Please make your list to help Holly feel better about the lightening of her pocket book. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-22-2011, 01:37 PM
WinterTime projects... Once my RT is home safe and sound I've got some vinyl graphics that I got from Pete...
Other than that; well I'm hoping for some more "S" parts to install during the dark spell, but nothing concrete has pesented itself just yet...
Stuff like the S's chrome saddlebag trim, a mirror for the top trunk, some chrome handlebar ends, and I'm REALLY hoping for the adjustable rear suspension from the S... But I've told that I wan't THAT good this year... :opps:

DragonLorD
11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I am keeping my 09 another 2 years before I buy new 2014 so I decided to do some jobs on mine too. Have some ideas but also a budget so I need to wait for some quotes first and decide then. I think I shoot a short video of my current mods first and new ones then and I post it in here in spring so you all get to see it. Once shown Is better than twice explained.
But keep posting guys, might get an inspiration.

ARtraveler
11-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I had both of my bikes serviced two weeks before the snow and the big sleep--so I am ready to go when spring riding season comes.

Only 100 more days until March 3rd--my first ride day in 2011.

i don't have any winter projects for either the Vulcan or the Spyder. I have both machines farkeled to the point where I am done. The Vulcan is a 2009 and the RTS 2010.

I may be in the market for some new Firstgear for 2012 season--all my current stuff is 2-3 years old.

I am thinking I am going make it through the down season pretty cheap.

Time will tell :roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Time will tell :roflblack:

It's kind of funny at times just how these little projects get hold of you and then get out of control! :shocked::roflblack:

NancysToy
11-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I dunno, that money would have made a good down payment on Holly's RT. :roflblack:

mowin
11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
I dunno, that money would have made a good down payment on Holly's RT. :roflblack:

:roflblack: the problem is he would want to do the same things and more on the RT.. of course you know who he's gonna blame...:shemademe_smilie:

Texmac1011
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Off season? Hehe, not around here......:clap:

SpyderAnn01
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I have a winter project too - riding, riding and more riding

freebob
11-22-2011, 07:03 PM

:agree:....80 deg. here today..Spyder loves it also....:yes:

Freebob...:doorag:

mosslips
11-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Winter projects... winter projects....
1. Staying warm
2. Staying warm
3. Staying WARM!

I like the snow, but not the cold it comes with. I also would like it if the snow wouldnt fall on the roads and my driveway! I dont mind it in the trees or in the yard, but on the roads??? Really!!! :roflblack:

Ok, really I am looking for getting a sport rack and back rest, and doing something about my seat. I find the seat comfortable after coming off a Mustang seat on my vulcan, but I really like the look of Randy's cover so I am thinking I need to do something... Im thinking that I see a cover or a custom seat coming at some point, but how soon, that's the question.

NancysToy
11-22-2011, 08:26 PM
:lecturef_smilie: Naughty, naughty! You haven't been gone from here a week and you have already forgotten how it is for us here in the northern tier of states.

arntufun
11-22-2011, 08:32 PM
:lecturef_smilie: Naughty, naughty! You haven't been gone from here a week and you have already forgotten how it is for us here in the northern tier of states.

I know Scotty. She is probably pulling the slot machine lever as we speak. :roflblack:

SteveMac
11-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I have four projects I will be working on simultaneously this winter, they are:

1) The new and improved Spyderfest 2012 dedicated website with current, updated info and online registration. Coming to a world wide web near you soon!

2) Some minor work on my RT. Finishing up the Cowtown RT Performance package (I have the shocks and exhaust). Reworking my highway boards for the third time. Hope it is the "charm". And finally getting some graphics from Pete installed before Spyderfest 2012, so I have an April 25th deadline. Yikes!

3) Complete frame up restore of a 1974 Honda XL 350 that takes me back over thirty years. I'll be bugging Len and Scotty a lot on that one if they let me........ !

4) Finally,,, Me. I was 330 pounds (6') at Spyderfest 2011. Lost 60 lbs, gained back 20, now righting the ship (despite the holidays) and pushing to lose 90+ more now. The ultimate goal to be below 200. So that is primary. And my Spyder will get better mileage carrying around 130 lbs less, LOL

Yikes. Going to be a busy winter.

Bob Denman
11-25-2011, 09:58 AM
So that'll mean that there's less of you to love?? :shocked: :roflblack:
Good luck with it!! :thumbup:

Papa
11-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Two major projects this winter:

1) More mods - - - XD HID Headlights, Custom Dynamics side lights, Utopia Backrest

2) Forming a Spyder club in Northern Illinois

SteveMac
11-25-2011, 11:11 AM
So that'll mean that there's less of you to love?? :shocked: :roflblack:
Good luck with it!! :thumbup:

Amen brother.

docdoru
11-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Fininishing the 3 (three) heavily modified version of the Rotax 990 and deploy 2 of them in NY and Salt Lake City. :yes::thumbup: