View Full Version : Vertika boards + audio

DragonLorD
11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey Lads,
Can someone give me a feedback on site sponsor's VERTIKA TRIKE goodies
1.- highway floorboards
2.- front audio fairing
3.- rear speaker fairing

....as detailed as possible, please. Even better with pics.
Cheerio.

JCSMOKE
11-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I'll let you know when I get the floorboards, they are on my list to buy in the next 30 days along with a few more items for upgrade season.

Phil
11-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Saw them at SpyderFest this year. Really nice work and the guys seem genuine. Pricey and with no paint.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z402/CorporateGreen/SpyderFest%202011/DSCN14581024x768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

fastfraser
11-18-2011, 05:19 AM
The floor boards are awsome. Brings you Spyder to a differant WOW level. But as stated expensive and they only come primed. Not sure if you have a RS or a RT ? I would think that you would have to take them off to do an oil change on a RT ?:dontknow:

aka1004
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't think those speakers on fairing will sound good.
They are facing out instead of aiming toward the Ryder. It may get loud but it would be like AM radio loud.
But I hear craftmanship is good.

DragonLorD
11-19-2011, 06:58 AM
I am sorry folks I have an RS, my bad:opps: .
Yes I see that $$$$$ are crazy and I am not in situation let's get it and see, that's why I am
Gathering some feedback first. My main focus is on floorboards and their ability to cary weight.There is very very little of information on their website:gaah:
Thanks lads.

Lamonster
11-19-2011, 08:08 AM
I don't own them but I've seen them in person and everything I've seen is quality work. These guys are masters at what they do. You get what you pay for and seeing these are hand built I would say the price is inline with any custom glass work.

Bob Denman
11-19-2011, 08:37 AM
...And therein lies the question: Do you want to have, AND PAY FOR what may very well be the best 'Boards on your bike? :dontknow:
We all enjoy finding a bargain... these certainly wouldn't be considered that without careful consideration as to the quality that you'll be getting. :shocked:

DragonLorD
11-19-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't own them but I've seen them in person and everything I've seen is quality work. These guys are masters at what they do. You get what you pay for and seeing these are hand built I would say the price is inline with any custom glass work.

Thanks Lamont, I am more than happy to hear that they are top quality. Seemly not many guys have their stuff on RSs if is so hard to get a feedback:dontknow:. I would like to know if their boards survive a Big Man standing on them?
It is very strange that they have top quality products I hear, incredibly high price and very poor website, very brief infos I mean and only one video of pics on YouTube.

Anyone else can give me more feedback, guys?

SpyderWolf
11-20-2011, 11:23 AM
You can try sending a PM to joespy, I believe that is his user name, as he has a bunch of their items on his Spyder. It won the Best Customized Spyder at this years Owner's Event.

chris56
11-20-2011, 11:44 AM
I am sorry folks I have an RS, my bad:opps: .
Yes I see that $$$$$ are crazy and I am not in situation let's get it and see, that's why I am
Gathering some feedback first. My main focus is on floorboards and their ability to cary weight.There is very very little of information on their website:gaah:
Thanks lads.

thats how it starts ... to become an RT user - for shure !! ...;)

DragonLorD
11-20-2011, 01:57 PM
thats how it starts ... to become an RT user - for shure !! ...;)

Hahaa, no RT for me next 20 years lol.
....but if they would hook in Decent Engine, decent tank and decent performance I might consider it sooner but by then there will be Honda with whole range to pick from, I don't know what are they waiting for :
:dontknow:

...anyway, would be really handy to hear about this VERTIKA stuff from first hand before I give up

ivanlee
11-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey Lads,
Can someone give me a feedback on site sponsor's VERTIKA TRIKE goodies
1.- highway floorboards
2.- front audio fairing
3.- rear speaker fairing

....as detailed as possible, please. Even better with pics.
Cheerio.

i have all vertika mods on my 2008 SPYDER, very happy with the quality of the product.:bowdown:

sealfloorboards
11-20-2011, 03:32 PM
If your looking for a FloorBoard that a 300+lb. guy can stand on and have either an RS or RT you might want to check my Seal FloorBoard.

Ride in comfort,

John
sealfloorboards.com

DragonLorD
11-20-2011, 05:28 PM
i have all vertika mods on my 2008 SPYDER, very happy with the quality of the product.:bowdown:

Nice Spy Ivan,
I am sorry but those you have don't look like Highway Floorboards I am referring to, or am I wrong? However, can you stand on them with no worries?

DragonLorD
11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
If your looking for a FloorBoard that a 300+lb. guy can stand on and have either an RS or RT you might want to check my Seal FloorBoard.

Ride in comfort,

John
sealfloorboards.com

Hi John,
Yeah I was looking at yours too, fine job you done there, neat and clean design but need something like Vertikas for this project, straight fronts, not lifted up.
If I am not successful in getting feedback about VERTIKA's boards, I'll come back to you and ask for one offs and I can be real pain, are you ready for it? :yes:

burg650
11-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Ok my turn to chime in on the Vertika's floor boards, first off I love them could not ride without them don't like how the stock pegs had my feet high but also did not want to loose them as well and these flood board allowed me to keep them. The quality for these boards are top notch they are well made heavy fiberglass not abc plastic solid construction also like how they made my feet lower and can push forward and they allowed me to hug the bike as well. You want to stand on them well I was told that you can use the boards to mount/dismount with no problems, but I don't feel comfortable doing this all the time I don't believe they will crack/brake as they are really thick but I don't want to put that much pressure not only on the floor boards but the bracket I am 260lbs I have from time to time put my weigh on them and so far don't see any cracks and the brackets have not bend down but if you are 300 plus I sure would not do it. For me getting the Vertikas floor boards was all about the look at first now they are a functional part of my bike and riding and they allowed me to keep the stock pegs as well when there was no other boards that had this at the time. Everyone will have a different view on them and it will all comes down to your preference, I would suggest try to find a spyder with them installed and ask to sit on the bike and try them. I am very happy with my floorboards and also have other parts from Vertika and hope to get more.

JJW SpyderRider
11-20-2011, 10:05 PM
I have not used these but thought I would share a few photos from Spyderfest. All this fiberglass looks great just way out of my budget.

DragonLorD
11-21-2011, 10:52 AM
This is what I was looking for, great feedback , thank you very much.
I've made my mind now, placing order in January.
I can feel it already how am I gonna be screwed on shipping cost:bowdown:

burg650
11-21-2011, 05:02 PM
This is what I was looking for, great feedback , thank you very much.
I've made my mind now, placing order in January.
I can feel it already how am I gonna be screwed on shipping cost:bowdown:

Glad I could help, I am sure you will not be disopointed. Don't remember what the shipping cost was but I was more worried about it getting to me in one piece, they do pack them well.

IMRU3
11-22-2011, 06:07 AM
I ordered mine last year and bought it with just the primer. Got it custom painted soon after and installed. Vertika Trykes products and service are awesome! :)

DragonLorD
11-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I ordered mine last year and bought it with just the primer. Got it custom painted soon after and installed. Vertika Trykes products and service are awesome! :)

Thanks,
Where did you get that front nose, looks sharp. More pics?

Dick Wells
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Awesome looking stuff! Do they allow your feet to be positoned forward a minimum of 16 inches? And, do they allow for moving the oil tank out a couple of inches to make room for your left boot? I can't tell from the photos. I didn't even know about these boards, and probably wouldn't have gone for the expense, anyway, so I made my own. Now, I've got to re-build my Tupper Ware to accomodate my mods, and this stuff looks like it might be something to sort of give me a guide to make my glass molds. No real copying, you know, just a few ideas to guide me.